Aquamarine Suites on Crystal Serenity

emckeeve

2 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Our devices will all charge on 220 with a simple adapter (not needing a converter), so for us a bedside Euro outlet is just as good as US.  Is there one or the other on both sides of the bed in the Classic Aquamarine on both ships?

No. There are no outlets next to the beds in the classic configuration.

We usually booked below PH level, but the one time we were in what is now a Serenity Classic Aquamarine, I thought there was an outlet in the bookcase next to one side of the bed???

2 hours ago, ryndam said:

No. There are no outlets next to the beds in the classic configuration.

We are currently in an Aquamarine Classic on the Serenity, and there is a European outlet between the mattress and the night stand on the side closest to the veranda. I’m using it to charge three devices with the adapter. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SusieQft said:

We usually booked below PH level, but the one time we were in what is now a Serenity Classic Aquamarine, I thought there was an outlet in the bookcase next to one side of the bed???

Deleted

Edited by ryndam
Deleted
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

We are new to Crystal and about to book our first cruise in an Aquamarine suite. How can I tell which numbers are Classic and which are not. Thanks, it’s been really interesting reading your posts. 

Another question… an aquamarine verandah handicap cabin is available in a position we like. Can anyone book these even if we are able bodied  and if so, how are they different? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, sanne said:

We are new to Crystal and about to book our first cruise in an Aquamarine suite. How can I tell which numbers are Classic and which are not. Thanks, it’s been really interesting reading your posts. 

There are a couple of ways to get to this information.  He is one.

Go to the itinerary you are interested in.

Click on Ship Overview

Click on Deck Plan

Click on the Deck of the room you are looking at.

If using a computer put your cursor over the stateroom number and it will show if it is a classic and if not what year it was redesigned.

Keith

34 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

There are a couple of ways to get to this information.  He is one.

Go to the itinerary you are interested in.

Click on Ship Overview

Click on Deck Plan

Click on the Deck of the room you are looking at.

If using a computer put your cursor over the stateroom number and it will show if it is a classic and if not what year it was redesigned.

Keith

Thank you for that info. We have now asked our travel agent to book our first Crystal cruise. Will be very grateful for any help with finding our way around ... we have been cruising for many years on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn so now is the time to try Crystal.  

5 minutes ago, sanne said:

Thank you for that info. We have now asked our travel agent to book our first Crystal cruise. Will be very grateful for any help with finding our way around ... we have been cruising for many years on Regent, Silversea and Seabourn so now is the time to try Crystal.  

This is terrific.  I hope you enjoy Crystal as much as we do.

There are many people here who can answer questions for you.

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

This is terrific.  I hope you enjoy Crystal as much as we do.

There are many people here who can answer questions for you.

Keith

I’m sure I’ll have many questions. I will now look frequently on this board too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sanne said:

Another question… an aquamarine verandah handicap cabin is available in a position we like. Can anyone book these even if we are able bodied  and if so, how are they different? Thanks. 

Never done it with Crystal, but other lines require the TA (or guest booking direct) to attest that the person(s) using the room do, in fact, have a disability. They reserve the right to boot them out if they find out otherwise. Probably not a wise idea.

As to differences, the rooms are generally wheelchair friendly, and there are more grab bars and other assistive pieces.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/7/2024 at 11:55 PM, Keith1010 said:

The Classic Aquamarine suites have gone through several changes over the years but they are not the newest of the Aquarmarine Suites. Like everything, we all have our own opinion.

Personally, I prefer the Aquamarine classic suites over the newer ones on Serenity and over all of the Aquarmarine suites on Symphony. Whereas I prefer Sapphire on Symphony, I prefer Classic Aquarmarine on Serenity.

I like the two desks in the Classic providing a good amount of space and comfortable seating. I like all of the shelve and draw space provided in the living area.  I like the effiiciency of the closet. While the Aquarmarine does not have a round table like the Sapphire and has less space in the living area I stil prefer it on Serenity.

The Classic Aquarmaring evolved over the years and IMHO all for the better.

Keith

We are making our first booking on Symphony in a loooong time right now.   We currently are booked on Symphony with a Classic Aquamarine.   In looking at the Symphony photos of the new redesigned it appears to have the double desk like the old classics on Serenity.   Can someone tell me if that is the case?  I just asked my TA to switch to a Symphony redesign simply because we love the double desk mirror situation in the classic Serenity.   

So excited.   First world problems for sure.

Edited by ijkh

1 hour ago, ijkh said:

We are making our first booking on Symphony in a loooong time right now.   We currently are booked on Symphony with a Classic Aquamarine.   In looking at the Symphony photos of the new redesigned it appears to have the double desk like the old classics on Serenity.   Can someone tell me if that is the case?  I just asked my TA to switch to a Symphony redesign simply because we love the double desk mirror situation in the classic Serenity.   

So excited.   First world problems for sure.

This past May we were in a Redesigned Aquamarine on Symphony and loved it.  I can confirm there is the double back to back desk/makup surface beside the bed and outside the closet.  I don't think the Serenity Aquamarine's have it though.

We also toured the Classic Aquamarine while on board Symphony.  As you will see on this thread there are supporters of both designs, but we certainly preferred/loved the Redesign on the Symphony.  The bathroom was the clincher for us, but as mentioned, there is way less flat surfaces in the living area.  As you mentioned though, it's a very first world problem. 

As to your comment about this being your first booking in a long time - one 15 day cruise on Symphony "Crystalized" us.  We have a couple of other bookings with other lines coming up, but have already booked a Crystal 39 day transPacific in a Redesign Aquamarine.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, RLK33853 said:

This past May we were in a Redesigned Aquamarine on Symphony and loved it.  I can confirm there is the double back to back desk/makup surface beside the bed and outside the closet.  I don't think the Serenity Aquamarine's have it though.

We also toured the Classic Aquamarine while on board Symphony.  As you will see on this thread there are supporters of both designs, but we certainly preferred/loved the Redesign on the Symphony.  The bathroom was the clincher for us, but as mentioned, there is way less flat surfaces in the living area.  As you mentioned though, it's a very first world problem. 

As to your comment about this being your first booking in a long time - one 15 day cruise on Symphony "Crystalized" us.  We have a couple of other bookings with other lines coming up, but have already booked a Crystal 39 day transPacific in a Redesign Aquamarine.

We have spent lots of time on Serenity but only one cruise that I can recall on Symphony.  It is hard not to have a favorite.   This coming trip in 2025 we will do a sort of back to back with one on Serenity and then a quick jaunt to catch the Symphony.   It will be loads of fun.   One Nordic and one Mediterranean cruise.   We may need to ship one bag home with our warm clothes.  Again I wish everyone such an issue.   

Edited by ijkh
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

We sailed Serenity July 2-9 in a Classic Aquamarine suite.  I took some pictures but came across this video which may help:

Edited by 360Guy
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1