How many bathing suits are you bringing?

nicenspicy

I, too am going on a seven day cruise and I think I will probably bring 4 suits and 2 coverups. Remember, I have read on these boards that the hot tubs bleach cotton blend suits, so don't wear your good one in the hot tub. I am bringing my good one, a not so good one for the hot tubs and 2 more just in case. I have also read that it is good to have more than one suit with you so you don't have to put on a cold, wet one!:eek: That's my justification anyways!;)

Have a great cruise

Kim

I am doing a 7 day later in the year and I will definitely take at least 3 suits. What I am more concerned about is the cover-ups. We hit 4 ports and I know I will spend the better part of each day in a cover up as most of the excursions we plan involve water (either the beach or snorkling). I am just concerned that after a day in the coverup I will want to just toss it into the dirty clothes and need a new one for the next day. So while 3 suits is plenty, I would consider an additional cover-up. Just a suggestion!

I am bringing six bathing suits AT LEAST.

SInce I will be spending so much time in them, I don't want to wear the same one over and over.

My cover ups match the suits - for example - I have a blue patterend suit that has the flowy matching pants. I bought an exercise "type" jacket to go over it. I also have these pants in black - which will match several other suits. I have a sheer type black shirt for over the suit and pants. I can even dress up and wear the shirt and /or pants with regular clothing.

I'm a little (OK not just a little) heavy so my bathing suits are all 1 piece and look like a tank under everything.

By the way...I got some really cute suits and cover-ups on NewportNews. Very affordable too!

I bring 3 suits and use shorts and t shirts for cover-ups. I always rinse off really well in the showers by the pool as soon as I get out of the hot tub and then when I change I always wash my suit out really well. So far I haven't noticed any damage from the hot tubs.

2 suits and 2 cover-ups for our 7 day cruise Sunday on the Century. Like others said, I always rinse off right away then wash out the suits good and have never had a problem.

Kathy

Okay, this is sad, but for a 5 day cruise with 2 days pre-cruise, I brought four tops, five bottoms and one coverup. (One top had two options for bottoms) I only wore two of the tops and three of the bottoms. I brought along an older suit for the hot tubs but never went in them. One cover-up (black swim cover-up pants) was fine for me because it matched everything fine and I had a denim skirt and t-shirts I could throw on instead.

Okay, this is sad, but for a 5 day cruise with 2 days pre-cruise, I brought four tops, five bottoms and one coverup. (One top had two options for bottoms) I only wore two of the tops and three of the bottoms. I brought along an older suit for the hot tubs but never went in them. One cover-up (black swim cover-up pants) was fine for me because it matched everything fine and I had a denim skirt and t-shirts I could throw on instead.

I bring 2-3..... But my teen daughter brings a new suit for each day.. with cute skirt to match!!! I think the bathingsuits and coverups are the focus of the cruise.Noticed lots of shorts and tops went unworn when we got home!

I'm only planning on 2 swimsuits- one to dry while I'm wearing the other one. But I'm also bringing 2 pairs of water shoes for the same reason.

I only have 1 "cover-up", but many pairs of shorts/t-shirts that should work fine.

We'll see after it's over if that was enough for 7 days.:D

7 days =7 swimsuits. I usually buy them throughout the year. So when cruise time comes , I dont have to spend money for them . My next cruise is in Oct 06. I have already purchased 5 suits each one for under $30.00 a piece some for $15.00. Newport-news.com have really great deals and so does spiegel.com.

I tend to pack light with clothes, but not bathing suits! They take up so little room, plus I don't care to wash suits in the sink. I'm not being lazy, I just don't want the bathroom to look like a laundry room and suits can take more than a day to dry. Most of the time I don't even go into the pool or ocean, so they are just dirty with sweat and sunscreen. So, I pack around 4 suits for a 7 day cruise, plus a sacrificial suit for the hot tubs.

...and I have a hard time finding ones I like... and I hate shopping for bathing suits... so I guess I'm taking one suit! Guess I'll be doing the laundry-in-the-sink routine. :o

Have to find a cover-up, though! Something that at least hits the knees, to cover up the cottage cheese! :eek:

No matter how long the cruise, I only take two suits--just enough so one is always dry.

I take one cover-up. If we're doing a water based excursion, I just wear shorts and a T.

I guess that suits and cover-ups just aren't all that important to me. Now shoes, that's another story!

5 for a 7 night cruise and 1 precruise stay, but only because I found 3 really cute suits this week at Marshalls for 12.99 each!!!!! I have the worst time finding suits I like that look right so I bought them all.

I brought 4 suits for my last 7-day cruise and only ended up using 2 of them. I only had 1 cover up but used shorts and t-shirts a lot. The couple that we hung out with only used 2 suits as well...... If you have more, why not use them - it certainly makes for more variety if you take a lot of beach/pool photos!! :p

I took four bikinis and two cover ups which are matching skirt and vests in a see through fabric,I usually wore those on the beach in port. I also took two additional sarongs and a skirt.I pair the sarongs and skirt with a cami or vest,and I wore those around the ship.

Archived