Carousel shows

FLO15

Hi,

There are 2 Carousel shows to buy on MSC Virtuosa for my Southampton cruise in May: 

1) Arkymea

2) Ajedrez

I would like to book one of the shows in advance of my cruise, for the day I will NOT be going on excursion. MSC is unable to tell me which show will be on which day so I am unable to book.

I called MSC ealier and they said the Carousel show is on every day but they couldn't tell me if both shows were on every day or if it's Arkymea one day and Ajedrez the next.

Consequently I cannot book in advance and will just have to wait till I am on board, unless someone can help with my question.

Does anyone know if both shows are on every day or every other day? Maybe someone has last year's itinerary to refer to? 

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

There are two performances on a given day of the same show.   There's no way they could set up the effects to do two different shows each day.    

You can book for your chosen show via your booking on the MSC UK site, but you cannot pick your day or time until you are on board - the price includes a "free" alcoholic / non-alcoholic cocktail.   The times of the shows are 7.45pm and 9.45pm.

Last year (can't promise this year will be the same), Arkymea was on days 1, 3 and 5 and Ajredez on days 2, 4 and 6.    

For what it's worth, having seen each show twice, in my humble opinion, Arkymea is the better one.

Edited by showingdiva

8 minutes ago, FLO15 said:

@showingdiva Thanks for your help. I think it's best I buy on board then so I am sure I don't book the wrong show for the day.

To be honest, the difference in price buying in advance or buying on board isn't huge .. from memory about £4 or 5.   Still quite the bargain from what one would pay to see in a theatre in the UK.

43 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

To be honest, the difference in price buying in advance or buying on board isn't huge .. from memory about £4 or 5.   Still quite the bargain from what one would pay to see in a theatre in the UK.

Yes it is true, thank you.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem as the OP
If we pay for the shows in advance, can we change the date and time to a performance that suits us on board? Or can we get a refund if that isn't possible? 

Hi Debs,

We did pay for both Carousel shows on board in the end and it was £15 each and we all thought it was worth it. It's best to book them on the first day as they get booked up early.

For one of the shows booked on board, we wanted to change the day and that was not an issue, they changed it for us.  Unfortunately I do not know if they would allow changing for bookings made online though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debsjc said:

I have the same problem as the OP
If we pay for the shows in advance, can we change the date and time to a performance that suits us on board? Or can we get a refund if that isn't possible? 

I'm confused.   You book the show you want - either Ajedrez or Arkymea online and get a bit of discount for purchasing in advance.

You cannot book the day or time of your chosen show until you are on board.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I'm confused.   You book the show you want - either Ajedrez or Arkymea online and get a bit of discount for purchasing in advance.

You cannot book the day or time of your chosen show until you are on board.

if we pay in advance,will we just get assigned a date and time in advance, or can we still choose one when we board? 

Edited by debsjc

11 minutes ago, debsjc said:

if we pay in advance,will we just get assigned a date and time in advance, or can we still choose one when we board? 

You won't be assigned anything other than confirmation of your chosen show.  Then when you board, you can pick your day / time.    Yes, you will still be able to leave the booking until you are on board but as has been said, they do fill up quickly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, showingdiva said:

You won't be assigned anything other than confirmation of your chosen show.  Then when you board, you can pick your day / time.    Yes, you will still be able to leave the booking until you are on board but as has been said, they do fill up quickly.

Thank you, I appreciate that, It wasn't clear from the website. I thought maybe they gave us tickets for a day they decided  on!

Do we book on the app the day we get on? 

4 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Thank you, I appreciate that, It wasn't clear from the website. I thought maybe they gave us tickets for a day they decided  on!

Do we book on the app the day we get on? 

Yes, you should be able to, or when you board, as soon as you step on the ship there will be people at a temporary desk to help you book it and any specialty restaurants (a little tip there, Hola! cantina is very good and excellent value, and also fills quickly).

The carousel show, though, pick your show and book in advance for a bit of discount, then you need do nothing else at the moment other than look forward to it.

• Thanks 1