MSC_Opera - Piraeus port - Embarkation time for 17:00 departure

Samal

Hi We are crusing the Greek Isles on MSC_Opera -  Piraeus port embarking on 3rd Sep 24

MSC Opera departs at 17:00 from Piraeus port (3rd Sep 24), we are thinking of booking the flight which lands at 12:45 from Heathrow at Athen's airport.

I am after advise as to when is the last Embarkation, do we have eanough time to travel from Airport to port and embark in good time

Many thanks

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Samal said:

I am after advise as to when is the last Embarkation, do we have eanough time to travel from Airport to port and embark in good time

I suggest you cross post your question on the MSC forum, as MSC passengers will know what the latest embarkation time might be, because with some lines it is a minimum of two hours before sailing as the manifest (and any other necessary paperwork) needs to be notified to the relevant authorities.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/49-msc-cruises/

FWIW, I personally would stress about cutting it as fine as that, because any delay for any reason along the way might cause you to miss your sailing.  I think it would be prudent to have a "plan B" and  you could ask MSC if you missed the ship in Athens, would you be permitted to board at the next port, wherever that may be. Note that this option  may or may not be possible.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Samal said:

do we have eanough time to travel from Airport to port and embark in good time

I should have mentioned that unless you are travelling with only hand luggage, you will need to wait for your luggage at baggage reclaim, probably have to go through Immigration, plus make the journey from the airport to the port which is quite large, and depending on how many ships are in that day, yours may be berthed further from the entrance.

• Thanks 1