Indoor pool/inroom refrig. on Oosterdam?

luvtravel

We're going to Alaska in May on the Oosterdam. Never been on any of their new ships and wondered if they have an enclosed pool since I know it won't be warm enough in May to use their outdoor pool. I've seen reference to a spa pool, which looked like a hot tub. Wondered if anyone could tell me about any indoor pool and if its related to the spa....is there a charge to use it?

Also, does each cabin have a small refrig....we'll have an outside cabin - didn't see anything like that listed, but have read others commenting on it. Thanks all.

There are two pools - the midships pool has a retractable sliding cover and the water is heated. We were in a verandah cabin, which has a minibar fridge. Don't know about whether they are provided in outside cabins, though I've read that you can rent a fridge if you want one. Enjoy Alaska!:)

Good evening Luvtravel,

Just wondering have you been on any of the HAL ships. If so you should know that all of the lido decks are about the same. They all have a midship pool that have a closing roof on them. At any time during a regular cruise where the weather is bad or windy the crew will close the roof partially or fully depending on the weather itself. I can try to guess but in Alaska where the days are usually in the 60s the roof my be totally closed. However I can't help you with that. The last time I was in Alaska what about 16 years ago when I was ten. I then sailed an old ship called the Regent Sun. This ship did have a true indoor pool on the lowest deck. I don't thing that any of the ships hvae this anymore unless you count the new ships that have a pool in the spa area.

I can't give you any information about the frig in the cabin, but I can try to guess that the rooms that are higher up in categories have the frig.

I hope you enjoy your cruise and make sure you leave the ship the way you found it. I love my HAL ships. Just kidding.

Geoffrey

24 cruises on HAL in 26 years on earth

everyone...appreciate knowing there is an indoor (if needed) heated pool and a fridge. We have travelled on HAL before - 3 times - last one about 8 or so years ago on the 'old' Niew Amsterdam and prior to that twice on the 'old' Noordam. We did like it, but in the meantime have enjoyed Renaissance, Oceania, Crystal and RCCL....liked their casual elegance and excellent service. We're looking forward to trying HAL again however, and hope that this experience is as good as our previous ones.

Archived