looking for compansation

lougee1043

Is it coincidence that this very funny putdown of silly complaints and compensation is getting 50 responses at the same time that another thread is discussing passsengers sleeping in wet rooms for 4 days and an elderly couple being told to sleep in the public areas when they thought that sleeping in the wet cabin was unreasonable? Is it coincidence that all are making fun when in the other thread people spent TEN DAYS with a sewer smell so bad that half the Lido was unusable, but the passengers were just given excuses. I suspect that this isn't a coincidence.

i know that there are situations where a pax should receive compansation for something that happened on board -- the last one that i read was the pax who put the liquor outside his cabin door and voila it was gone--so i was wondering --on an earlier cruise i asked for the dressing not to be put on the salad and that i wanted it on the side -- and when the salad was presented the salad dressing was on the salad -- i know i could have asked for another salad but then i would have nothing to write about now -- how much compansation do you think i should ask for -- will threatening not to sail hal again get them to increase the compansation--what cruise line offers the best compansation for occurances like this- would a sit down strike help -- i know some pax did that quite successfully on another cruise line

Some people just don't get it! The funmaking around here is simply a showing of just how silly some complaints are and that sometimes demands for compensation are just out of touch with the issue on hand. No one particular person is being attacked out of maliciousness. However, we have all seen it across every single board on CC and elsewhere where people are determine to allow themselves to ruin their own vacations with great dramatics and threats that won't change a thing in the grand scheme of things.

Should we stop this thread because a real problem is posted elsewhere? That would be even sillier. Sure we feel for people with legitimate complaints and those threads are always just as active. Most people can tell the difference between the two.

Sometimes a light hearted look at the sillier side of cruise vacations is just the medicine we all need.

I, for one, am enjoying this lighthearted look at cruising...there's been so much tragedy this past week, starting with our own B.C. Ferry going down...I think that as humans we do this to keep a balance...otherwise we'd all go crazy...

couldnt remember squat --so i checked out mapquest-- our friends who lived on regent place------its off mineola ave near the cross streets of waner & hillside ave --- its just a small loop street -- so its not surprising you dont know where it is ---------------------our apt was on main st/roslyn rd where east broadway meets main st/roslyn rd at the edge of the park --- my kids always enjoyed feeding the ducks there and walking onto the little islands ----- in town was the old tea shoppe that my wife would telephone to have them save her a scone for when she dropped in- there was the store with the wooden indian in front and i think the barber shop was right next door --our son got his first haircut there for free

i know we went to bar beach but for the love of me i cant remember where it is and the same holds true for the lirr station -- i also remember the washington manor by name but i cant place it----wasnt there a fancy restaurant near by that began with a C or a S ---name had more then one word in it (french name)?????? i think it just came to me sans souci

when were you guys living there-------------

Hee Hee....Lou...Did you notice we are under the 2 1.2 month mark before we leave????... You had better start planning for your claims... quote]

what do you mean WE------i dont sail til 1/6/07----and im using some of the claims i used on my celebrity cruise on the next one with hal

Ooops!!. I mixed you up with someone else. I thought you on the June 10th sailing.:p

Bramcruiser, you are so right on target. People need to get a grip. The fun on this thread has nothing to do with real problems that someone might have on a cruise for which they should be compensated. No one is debatting that.

The fact is that about 90% of the complaints on this board are just plain stupid. We're making fun of all of them ... no one individual. If that upsets anyone, they can skip the thread.

Lou, Bar Beach was right across the water (inlet) from those tall water or gas tanks (I've no idea what kind of tanks they were). I know the store with the Indian in front but that became something else entirely now with lacey curtains in the windows the last time I drove by. I don't remember the name of anything, but I do remember Washington Manor. DH's mom is still in Albertson and his brother in Glenwood Landing.

Agree this thread is just in jest..Sometimes we all need to have a little fun, but nothing malicious is meant by it..

Lou & Heather..Lived in Roslyn from 1955 to 1968..Moved into Queens in 68 to be closer to JFK & my office..Moved back onto L.I. in the early 70's & worked in Great Neck until taking early retirement in 1988..Remember some of the names of the streets, but it's been a long time since I was in Roslyn..Loved that little town & hope it has not changed much & wonder if the clock tower is still there?

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful day..Expect to be doing the doc dance any day now..We leave in 4 weeks & two days..Hooray!

Betty:)

Lou, Bar Beach was right across the water (inlet) from those tall water or gas tanks (I've no idea what kind of tanks they were). quote]

cannot for the love of me remember where it is --same is true with the rr station --cant picture where it is either

Lou & Heather..Lived in Roslyn from 1955 to 1968..Moved into Queens in 68 to be closer to JFK & my office..Moved back onto L.I. in the early 70's & worked in Great Neck until taking early retirement in 1988

cant remember exact dates but i think we lived there from about 1970 to 1975 when we moved back to bayside queens -- worked in great neck from 1969 to 1983

=lougee1043

cannot for the love of me remember where it is --same is true with the rr station --cant picture where it is either

Lou, I don't know where the station was. I was talking about the RR tracks above the road. There was a little motel/apt under that in the 70's where DH lived briefly in the mid 70's. It's all been renovated now.

Bar Beach was on West Shore Road off Roslyn Road in Port Washington ...

actually Hempstead Harbor in the town of North Hempstead.

We were visiting Bar Beach during the early 80's. I was actually dating a guy from Bayside from '70 to '75 ... spent a lot of time there, too!:)

Lou..See that you got your baby as your new Avitar..Beautiful! we need to know her/his name,weight, & age...

My old "Sam" looked like that except he had a Little white spot on his neck (Think his mother fooled around..LOL) He was about 70 lbs..Your's looks a bit larger..

As you go up Roslyn Rd/Main street from the clocktower just before the RR trestle is a short street to the right (there were apartments on side of the hill there)..Take that street up & RR station is at the top of that hill on the left..There was a big store that sold newspapers, coffee etc. just across from the station..That part of town is actually called Roslyn Heights..Heather I also was going with a Bayside Boy..But My first DH was from Flushing & proposed in the duck pond park...Goodness that was almost 50 years ago..I'm getting old!

I need a Cruise NOW!:)

Lou, I don't know where the station was. I was talking about the RR tracks above the road. renovated now.

Bar Beach was on West Shore Road off Roslyn Road in Port Washington ...

actually Hempstead Harbor in the town of North Hempstead.

. I was actually dating a guy from Bayside from '70 to '75 ... spent a lot of time there, too!:)

i can see the trestle over the road----------------i know west shore rd but i cant visualize bar beach --guess i wont be sunning there this summer--------------------we moved to 23d and bell in bayside from the roslyn apts

Lou..See that you got your baby as your new Avitar..Beautiful! we need to know her/his name,weight, & age...

her name is molly --she is about 70-75 lbs and is 16 months old and is a dear-i am however still looking for my missing slipper for about 6 days now

I also was going with a Bayside Boy..But My first DH was from Flushing & proposed in the duck pond park...

I need a Cruise NOW!:)

when we first got married we lived in flushing near booth mem hosp ---then we moved to roslyn and then to bayside --quite a trek for a bronx boy --dewitt c

Talk about hijacking a thread!!!! LOL! This is like a Long Island Reunion:D . DH lived in Flushing with his first wife. My Bayside boyfriend was originally from Flushing.

I have to ask DH the name of that motel/apt he lived in. It was sort of yellow, I think, and just before the trestle.

My Molly weighs only 15 lbs and my Sam is a cat!!:D Lou, congrats on getting your avatar uploaded! I love it!

Bar Beach was a park ... you had to be a resident of Hempstead to get on, but living in Roslyn you could have gone there. There was a boat ramp, too. It was a great beach except you looked across at those tanks which is near where my BIL lives in Glenwood Landing.

Talk about hijacking a thread!!!! LOL!

My Molly weighs only 15 lbs and my Sam is a cat!!:D Lou, congrats on getting your avatar uploaded! I love it!

we have a cat named meesha and she weighs about as much as your molly

Bar Beach was a park ... you had to be a resident of Hempstead to get on, but living in Roslyn you could have gone there. There was a boat ramp, too. It was a great beach except you looked across at those tanks which is near where my BIL lives in Glenwood Landing.

we were residents and had the permit but i just cant place in in my mind as to where it was-- i know it wasnt that far from our apt

Count me in this group. Grew up on Long Island and had a dog named Sam. Our house was exactly on the town line between Rockville Centre and South Hempstead.

sorry peaches but this is a north shore thread --- lol --- what was the name of the main street that ran all the way out

Peaches, you're definitely in:D !!! You have several of the magic words in your post ... Sam, Hempstead and Roslyn! You are already through initiation.

In fact there was a great ocean beach on the south shore we could also go to as residents of Hempstead ... I can't think of the name. I have to ask DH when he gets home. Was it Tobay Beach? Or maybe we snuck in there. I can't remember.

Peaches, you're definitely in:D !!! You have several of the magic words in your post ... Sam, Hempstead and Roslyn! You are already through initiation.

In fact there was a great ocean beach on the south shore we could also go to as residents of Hempstead ... I can't think of the name. I have to ask DH when he gets home. Was it Tobay Beach? Or maybe we snuck in there. I can't remember.

Heather is right, we've high jacked this thread, but since Lougee started it I guess she doesn't mind..

Agree with Heather Peaches..Hempstead & Sam got you into "The EX Long Islanders Club"..that's great another Ex Long Islander! :D

We lived in many places on Long Island & finally Long Beach for 12 years before moving to Fla, so know quite a bit about Nassau & a little bit of Queens..Grammar school was in West Hemp., first year of High School at Hemp. High & the last three years at Mineola High as lived in Williston Park for 5 years before moving to Roslyn.. (My Grandmother lived in Wil. Park for 35 years)

Heather, If your DH lived in Albertson did he graduate from Roslyn High?

Boy what a memory; :) Tobay Beach is part of Jones Beach & when we lived in Williston Park used to take two busses to Jones Beach..

Ok who's going to plan a cruise for "The Ex Long Islanders Club"..What a hoot that would be..We could have a contest to see who remember's the most places.. I'll bet no one remembers the Mineola Skating Rink, Mitchell Field, and the annual Mineola Fair (before "Roosevelt Field Mall" was built)

Okay, I was wrong. The little hotel DH lived in for awhile was under the viaduct ... not the RR trestle. He thinks it was Sally's or something. And it was Tobay beach. I still have it!!! LOL!

No, DH and family had lived in NYC all his life so he finished high school there staying with his aunt. He then moved to Albertson at 17.

I think Lougee is a guy since he spoke of his wife :).

We spent many a Saturday in the early 80's at Robert Moses beach ... liked it better than Jones :).

OOH..Lougee I'm sorry..Thought you were a lady.:o .Anyway hope you don't mind us continuing to hijack your thread..It's been such fun..

Heather, think I remember that little hotel..it was on the east end of town..go down from the clocktower into town on old Northern Blvd.,then up the hill to the left..The hotel was on Bryant Ave. on the left on the way to the Glenwood Landing.. St.Mary's Catholic Church was on the right; just near the hotel you could go right at the turn off back onto Northern Blvd.eastbound..

Happy Memories all..Betty

Archived