How does one become a CC'er?

Fredr500

I'm confused. :confused:

DW and I are booked on 4/15 TA Noordham and I discovered this board through google. Learned a lot, posted a little, and am extremely excited as this is our first TA and first cruise on HAL, having done RCCI, Princess, NCL, Carnival and Celebrity.

The confusion comes to seeing references to CC'er get togethers on-board. What does it take to be a CC'er? I feel like I've stumbled into a private party, but all the folks here are so friendly I don't want to leave and would like to meet you f2f.

Do y'all have a secret handshake, lapel pin or something? Or will I recognize you because you are the ones dressed according to code, don't leave your liquor in the hall on the last night, are polite and don't cut in line, don't smoke in no-smoking areas, and don't make unreasonable demands?

Looking forward to meeting you on board. Just not sure how to do it.

Fred

Yes, YOU are a CC'er simply by virtue of joining this message board. I've included a link for you below. It is the CC "roll call" for your cruise. Click on the link, drop by for a visit, and add your name to the list, and...Voila! Hey Presto! You become part of a CC group!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=223340

Looks like Ella beat me to it! The link I've included is specifically for your April 15 Noordam cruise. Bon Voyage!

I posted a roll call for an upcoming voyage and so far 8 posters, representing 21 people, have posted. We are going to meet at a pre-arranged time onboard ship. It's really pretty easy to do.

I've also assembled a group of 8 to share a van to the ship, and 6 to ride to the airport after disembarkation.

The roll call area is a great resource.

huh... learn something new everyday. I thought "cc" meant "constant cruiser," or "cabin class" or maybe even "conscientious catholic" (don't know why). I never thought to connect it to the board name. duhhh.

I guess you're going to tell me that Cruise Addicts isn't a 12-Step program.

huh... learn something new everyday. I thought "cc" meant "constant cruiser," or "cabin class" or maybe even "conscientious catholic" (don't know why). I never thought to connect it to the board name. duhhh.

I guess you're going to tell me that Cruise Addicts isn't a 12-Step program.

As long as it doesn't stand for COMPENSATION CLAIMANT :p

Wow, thanks for all the kind words. I had already posted over in RollCall for this cruise, just wanted to make sure there was nothing more to do.

Looking forward to meeting some of you on our way from NY to Rome.

Fred

Only those posters who have over 1600 posts.
Didn't you hear, they changed that to 2500 posts last month. See what happens when you miss the monthly meeting. ;)

I thought CC was a credit card, the thing that makes cruising possible in the first place (at least for me).

Seriously Fred, welcome aboard.

One problem that I have found is passengers not using the Roll Call board. I am booked on May 20, 2006 to Alaska on the Oosterdam and just 6 posts are there and 2 are mine. Last year I sailed on Zaandam and also posted and re-posted almost begging for someone to answer. I thought the ship would be empty. I know they are a lot of people that are not aware of this web site and I hate to sound discouraged but maybe because of this thread it will push for passengers to remember roll call and post their upcoming trips.

My husband and I usually cruise alone and really like to meet fellow passengers so I am looking forward to all the new posts for our trip.

Missygirl:)

One problem that I have found is passengers not using the Roll Call board. I am booked on May 20, 2006 to Alaska on the Oosterdam and just 6 posts are there and 2 are mine. Last year I sailed on Zaandam and also posted and re-posted almost begging for someone to answer. I thought the ship would be empty. I know they are a lot of people that are not aware of this web site and I hate to sound discouraged but maybe because of this thread it will push for passengers to remember roll call and post their upcoming trips.

My husband and I usually cruise alone and really like to meet fellow passengers so I am looking forward to all the new posts for our trip.

Missygirl:)

Fred, was that easy or what???:) Welcome to CC and being a CC'er! From time to time you may regret it, but most of the time I think you'll find everyone here friendly and welcoming.

Sounds like you're in for an amazing cruise. Hope you have a great group with you. Just don't forget to come back and tell us what you loved about your cruise (or what you didn't:o ?).

I agree that the roll call board is a little slower than this one. I asked a similar question over there 3 days ago and didn't get a single response. I had my answer here within 5 minutes.

There are 2 separate threads for the 4/15 sailing over there, that may dilute things.

And Heather, don't worry, I'll be back.

Fred

Archived