Cruise Critic Group Photo - Oosterdam - 03/18/06 -

DesertDiva

Thank you, Cheryl (Desert Diva), not only for posting this great CC photo, but also for reporting frequently here during your cruise. I really enjoyed reading your "live" reviews:) Have a good weekend, and I hope your cruise has given you the respite you needed!

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I drove back home yesterday (700 miles) and it was somewhat sad - especially stopping at McDonald's to eat as I was driving.

Yesterday morning, I walked on the upper deck of the ship with my glass of orange juice and said my "silent goodbye." It's somewhat of a ritual for me to have a few moments to reflect and be thankful for an experience that I'm fortunate to enjoy from time-to-time.

The "sunny spot" is that I picked up my dog Cali (Calamity Jane) from the kennel this morning and she's sleeping in her favorite place next to my computer.

I looked at Alaska for the summer, but it's somewhat expensive for a single. I have a little RV, and might just drive up the Oregon coast as I did last summer.

It's back to the world of Special Education tomorrow to evaluate children with cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injuries, etc.... It's somewhat stressful since the parents want a "magic bullet," administration wants me to keep to a certain budget, and of course the children themselves. However, I was truly able to "leave it all behind" for this past week. For that, I am thankful.....

I'm sure you must be tired today after that long drive yesterday. I thought a lot about you yesterday wondering where you might be at.

It was so nice to meet you and hopefully we will cruise together again someday.

Lynn

I looked at Alaska for the summer, but it's somewhat expensive for a single. I have a little RV, and might just drive up the Oregon coast as I did last summer.

Cheryl, that sounds like a wonderful idea. We love the Oregon coast, and spend at least a week there every summer, with extra visits throughout the year whenever we can get away. It is one of the most beautiful areas of the U.S. Kudos to you for the great work you do with special needs children!

Alaska may be a possibility. In 2004 I got a great solo deal just two months before sailing, in an inside. Keep your eye out ;). However, RVing along the Oregon coast sounds wonderful too.

I imagine Cali was a bright spot for you :). I am sure she was so happy to see you. I got a special bark from Woody!

I am glad you had this week to relax and just get away from it all. It was great meeting you. You have a wonderful zest for life, which we can all learn from :).

Marie

What a great photo. DW and I are a little envious. We so loved our CC Get-Together on the Zuiderdam and were looking forward to the same on the Oosterdam in May. So far no one else has posted.

Richard & Judie

Gee, lucky you! Have a great time!

I'm going to post a detailed review, but it won't be up for a few days.

Here is a brief recap of the 03/18/06 sailing:

Saturday: 6:30 p.m. - Welcome Aboard Show - Vista Lounge

Sunday: 8:30/10:30 p.m. - Showtime: Rockin' Road - Vista Lounge

Monday: 8:30/10:30 p.m. - Showtime: Edge (Juggler) - Vista Lounge

Tuesday: 8:30/10:30 p.m. - Showtime: Alfreda Gerald (R&B) - Vista Lounge

Wednesday: 10:30 p.m. - Late Night Comedy (Adult) with Janine Garnder - Vista Lounge 11:15 p.m. - Indonesian Crew Show - Vista Lounge

Thursday: 6:30/8:30 p.m - Showtime: Escape - Vista Lounge

Friday: 6:30/8:30 p.m. - Variety Showtime

Hi DesertDiva ,I will be on the Oosterdam next week 4-1-2006 , Can you tell me about some of the entertainment on the ship shows,Comedy , music....Thanks GTVCRUISER

Cheryl,

Glad to see you made it home safe. I bet Cali was glad to see you. Murphy, Penny, and Matilda sure were glad we were home. We all had a great time. No flight problems. We made it home by 7:30 Sunday. Hope to hear from you.

rein 53 LYNN

Hi Lynn,

Good to hear from you. I'm glad you made it home safe too! It took about ten minutes for me to calm down Cali, she was so glad to see me! She wouldn't let me out of her sight and pressed up against me last night to sleep!

It was so much fun, wasn't it? I'd love to cruise again with you all! Next time I'll ask to be seated with you for dinner. I really enjoyed sitting with you all in Puerto Vallarta and then going back out to "bargain!"

I'll post pictures and a review soon!

Glad to see you made it home safe. I bet Cali was glad to see you. rein 53 LYNN

Marie and her sister spent a LOT of time at the Spa, and never came to the dining room.:( (They were assigned to my table!) They ate in the Pinnacle Grill two evenings, and in the Lido Buffet the other times. I think it was just what they wanted, and they had a very relaxing time. I'm just sorry I didn't have an opportunity to get to know them better.....

How did dinners work out for you? As I recall you were not planning to do the dining room scene?

How did dinners work out for you? As I recall you were not planning to do the dining room scene?

This was a first for me, eating all meals in the lido, and we really enjoyed it. It was nice NOT having a schedule, and just going when we wanted. We really didn't plan when we would eat, but just kind of winged it, sorta speak. We also dined at the Pinnacle two evenings and enjoyed it very much. I know alot of people really like the dining room experience, and this would not appeal for them, but for us it did. Also, we had 8:00pm assigned dining and that is a bit late for us. It's possible my dh and I may eat informally on our RCI cruise in Oct. He's not a big fan of dressing up, so this would work well for us. I was always very presentable in the lido(no shorts, no swimwear), but after the first formal night where we were dressed "within code" and there was a gentleman in a bathrobe in line behind me, I felt no pressure as far as dress code. And, btw, the only thing I heard the staff say to him was "good evening, sir".......

Marie

Marie

Marie and her sister spent a LOT of time at the Spa, and never came to the dining room.:( (They were assisgned to my table!) They ate in the Pinnacle Grill two evenings, and in the Lido Buffet the other times. I think it was just what they wanted, and they had a very relaxing time. I'm just sorry I didn't have an opportunity to get to know them better.....

We really enjoyed our dinner in the Pinnacle with you the first evening. I am sorry our schedules did not mesh together more. This was definitely a relaxing/spa cruise for us, and since my sister and I live in different cities we did spend time together outside the group. We did enjoy the two tours in Mazatlan and Cabo with everyone, as well as the other times we all got together. We had a wonderful Roll Call group and it was alot of fun meeting everyone.

Marie

It started with a sore throat on Sunday, now I have the cough, and it feels like it's settling in my chest, but I hope not. This happened to me after a cruise in Sept 204 too. I am just grateful I was well while on the cruise. I hope no one else has the crud :(.

Marie

No symptoms here other than "post cruise depression." :( You might want to consider taking Airborne for your next trip. Whenever you are in a "closed space," (i.e. air travel) you are more susceptible to germs in that type of environment. Usually, taking Airborne a couple of days before and after help a great deal. It has a huge amount of vitamin C as well as other herbs, etc...

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

It started with a sore throat on Sunday, now I have the cough, and it feels like it's settling in my chest, but I hope not.

Archived