Jump to content

Deep Blue Extra Boarding


HolsAddict
 Share

Recommended Posts

We're boarding our 3rd Virgin Voyage on Sunday in Athens. Am I right that as I have the Deep Blue Extra benefits that we can ignore our boarding time and board after the rockstars? TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your app shows if it's active.  Bottom right ME => Top right Add-ons.  If it doesn't show call/chat with Sailor Services and get it sorted before you arrive at port.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Btr2trvl said:

Your app shows if it's active.  Bottom right ME => Top right Add-ons.  If it doesn't show call/chat with Sailor Services and get it sorted before you arrive at port.

Sorry my point was that I do have Deep Blue Extras which gives me early embarkation time but want to establish if we can board after the rockstars even if our boarding time slot is 3.30pm?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have DBE, you can show up at the terminal at 1 and board either right after the rockstars (that's our most recent experience) or right after Splash of Romance purchasers (last cruise, they came after DBE).  You will be allowed to line up IN the terminal starting about 1, and check in at 1:30.  We have usually been in our cabin by 1:45.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cantgetin said:

If you have DBE, you can show up at the terminal at 1 and board either right after the rockstars (that's our most recent experience) or right after Splash of Romance purchasers (last cruise, they came after DBE).  You will be allowed to line up IN the terminal starting about 1, and check in at 1:30.  We have usually been in our cabin by 1:45.

Thanks for the confirmation 👍 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2024 at 2:03 PM, cantgetin said:

If you have DBE, you can show up at the terminal at 1 and board either right after the rockstars (that's our most recent experience) or right after Splash of Romance purchasers (last cruise, they came after DBE).  You will be allowed to line up IN the terminal starting about 1, and check in at 1:30.  We have usually been in our cabin by 1:45.

 

On 6/12/2024 at 2:03 PM, cantgetin said:

If you have DBE, you can show up at the terminal at 1 and board either right after the rockstars (that's our most recent experience) or right after Splash of Romance purchasers (last cruise, they came after DBE).  You will be allowed to line up IN the terminal starting about 1, and check in at 1:30.  We have usually been in our cabin by 1:45.

Thank you I had that exact same question. I screwed up by not looking at my app and for my October cruise they were already asking for boarding times and I got 3:45 but fortunately I have DBE so crisis averted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to the question .We have DBE ( showing in app)with a boarding time of 3:00pm. Is that something I need to sort out before embarking or just show up at 1:00pm?. First VV cruise😃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Maisyboo said:

To add to the question .We have DBE ( showing in app)with a boarding time of 3:00pm. Is that something I need to sort out before embarking or just show up at 1:00pm?. First VV cruise😃

Nothing to be sorted.  The boarding time assigned reflects what was available when you went onto the app.  DBE over-rides that.  When you get to the terminal, there will be a check in spot for DBE.  They will take care of everything from there.  The exact procedure has varied slightly over the last 2 years, but the bottom line is that if you have DBE, you are allowed to enter the terminal and get in a line there.  Then, as soon as check in starts, this line is moved quickly to the MANY check in stations.  

Those without DBE line up outside in roped off areas by their arrival time.  They will be taken in order after DBE and Splash of Romance have been checked in.

Waiting inside is better than waiting outside. But....realize that depending on the cruise, there may be 1000 people with DBE status (I've never seen this, but have heard that it happened).  I've seen several hundred.  What I'm saying is that DBE status will mean a short wait inside if you show up at 1.  Check in and boarding starts promptly at 1:30.  DO have your check in info competed on the app prior to arriving at the terminal; most of it can be done months ahead but the health form is limited to 24 hours ahead.  If you have not completed the app check in, you will be redirected to a "help" area until that is done, thus slowing your check in process.

Bottom line, just show up at 1.  I always take a screen shot of my DBE status as one time they "couldn't find me" but found my cabin partner.....very odd since I'd signed up for both of us.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I recently (June 02) checked in with DBE for the first time. I got there well before 1 PM. I had everything filled in on the app previously. I asked someone in front what my first step with DBE should be? They had me go inside and check in. The agent at the podium checked me in. Then I was asked to go back outside into the DBE line in front of the building. There was someone out there giving out water from a cart BTW. After a short wait we were allowed back in and directed up the escalator. We waited upstairs some more and eventually went through security and boarded Valiant Lady. Is this the process now or does it change slightly each time?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I recently (June 02) checked in with DBE for the first time. I got there well before 1 PM. I had everything filled in on the app previously. I asked someone in front what my first step with DBE should be? They had me go inside and check in. The agent at the podium checked me in. Then I was asked to go back outside into the DBE line in front of the building. There was someone out there giving out water from a cart BTW. After a short wait we were allowed back in and directed up the escalator. We waited upstairs some more and eventually went through security and boarded Valiant Lady. Is this the process now or does it change slightly each time?

It has varied on each of our cruises.  On our first cruise, we arrived at 12;45 and were politely told to "go away" and come back at 1.  At 1, the same guy tried to send us away again, but a supervisor let us in.   We have never gotten in and then had to come back out again,  Each time, we were allowed in at 1 or shortly thereafter, and remained inside until boarding.  Sometimes that was virtually immediately (check in, security, board) while other times it was "hang out for 15-30 minutes  till 1:30."   

Your June 2 is more recent than my April, but I suspect you were handled a bit differently as you arrived "well before 1."  We have always been advised to not show up before 1 as they wouldn't be ready for us.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did notice this time that there seemed to be more of a disconnect between the few "real" Virgin employees at embarkation, as opposed to the Port of Miami employees in Virgin like uniforms. Many of the baggage handlers were yelling and directing incoming sailors (many first timers) in a pretty rude manner. It was definitely the most chaotic of my 3 embarkations with Virgin. It did make me appreciate the serenity of the sea terrace once I got in my cabin though. 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I did notice this time that there seemed to be more of a disconnect between the few "real" Virgin employees at embarkation, as opposed to the Port of Miami employees in Virgin like uniforms. Many of the baggage handlers were yelling and directing incoming sailors (many first timers) in a pretty rude manner. It was definitely the most chaotic of my 3 embarkations with Virgin. It did make me appreciate the serenity of the sea terrace once I got in my cabin though. 🙂


 

what port was this from where they were rude out of interest? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Barcelona definitely has better port people than Miami.....both baggage handlers and the people in VV outfits who work at the terminal on VV days.n We've done multiple times at each location.

Edited by cantgetin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just as an update to my original post, we just returned from our  cruise on Resilient Lady from Athens. We arrived at the port at 1.25 and was in our cabin by 1.45. Its a great DBE perk!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • Special Event: Q&A with Laura Hodges Bethge, President Celebrity Cruises
      • Hurricane Zone 2024
      • Cruise Insurance Q&A w/ Steve Dasseos of Tripinsurancestore.com Summer 2024
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...