Trieste port

How can I know which terminal the NCL Escape will dock at on Aug 21, 2024.  Cruisemapper and Cruise line timetables only list Trieste and not the exact terminal.

when you get near the terminal, you'll see the ship. if you're taking a taxi, they usually know exactly where to go. if there is any question, the correct address is usually printed on your boarding documents. don't worry, we've taken over 28 ncl cruises, and over 35 total, all over the world, and "NEVER" once got o the wrong port. by the way, trieste is beautiful, you would be weel served to go in a ay or 2 early just to explore.

by the way, "bon voyage"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badatz2 said:

How can I know which terminal the NCL Escape will dock at on Aug 21, 2024.  Cruisemapper and Cruise line timetables only list Trieste and not the exact terminal.

Hey, I'm on that cruise too! We are the only ship in Trieste that day, so it should be in the terminal closest to the train station. You'll be able to see it from there. And yes, I second @complawyer that the dock should be specified in our documents once we check in to the cruise in August.

Posted (edited)

When we went the documents only said Trieste so we headed to the dock, it's just a short walk from the train station (it's a small place anyway).
No ship to be seen, but there were NCL staff on the dock and they had a free shuttle running to a commercial dock about a 20min bus ride away, on our return we docked at the dock in town.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 2

if yours is the only ship you will probably use the cruise pier in front of the Savoir Excelsior Hotel. 

Otherwise you may end up at the industrial port which is 15 minutes away, NCL will provide a shuttle from the cruise pier to the port.  

Our documents just said Trieste ( we docked at the industrial port both times).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks but that was not my worry.  I want to make hotel reservations near the terminal and the two terminals seem to be far away from each other.

So based on your comments i will probably book in the area of the Central station and hope for a shuttle if it is the other port

Edited by Badatz2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Badatz2 said:

Thanks but that was not my worry.  I want to make hotel reservations near the terminal and the two terminals seem to be far away from each other.

So based on your comments i will probably book in the area of the Central station and hope for a shuttle if it is the other port

Yes, book central near Savoir Excelsior Hotel, there are no hotels in the commercial area and you wont want to be there anyway. Worst case the free shuttle will be right opposite your hotel.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

try hilton doubletree hotel. short ride to the pier. when we were there a few years ago, they had a norwegian rep in the lobby, all you needed to do was sign up, and lo and behold the bus was waiting the next morning, took us right to the pier

Posted (edited)

If you are cruising out of this port, consider going to visit Slovenia. It's a couple hours inland from the port and absolutely beautiful. We spent a couple of nights in Ljubljana and it was a very charming European town much less crowded than many with friendly people and great food. Also there is an amazing castle cut into a cave not from there and another huge cave. 

Edited by cfelbab

On 6/13/2024 at 10:39 AM, Badatz2 said:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Trieste,+Province+of+Trieste,+Italy/@45.6494064,13.7624342,660m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m6!3m5!1s0x477b6b06e4edf533:0x666a2484d4dd2b50!8m2!3d45.6495264!4d13.7768182!16zL20vMGZqc2w?entry=ttu