Recommendations for Orlando Hotels

laedw

Hello, we are booked on a September Utopia of the Seas sailings and flying into Orlando a day early. We're looking for a hotel that provides shuttle service from the airport as well as shuttle service to the cruise port.  Royal Caribbean just gave us an email address for Priceline hotels and suggested we call the hotel(s) to inquire if they have shuttle service.  Cruise critic members are more helpful!  TIA.

Hyatt house or Hyatt Place Orlando Airport.  They have shuttle to the airport.  You have to arrange shuttle to the Port yourself such as Cortrans.  I know they pick up at those hotel the next morning.

• Thanks 1

I've never seen a hotel that offers both. The port is 45 minutes away from the airport. We usually rent a car or get one of the numerous shuttles (paid) to the port.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I've never seen a hotel that offers both. The port is 45 minutes away from the airport. We usually rent a car or get one of the numerous shuttles (paid) to the port.

I think we’re going to stay at a MCO hotel near the airport and book a shuttle from the hotel to the port and back to the airport after the cruise.  Thank you for your input.

• Like 1

The Springhill Suites or the Townplace Suites in Cape Canaveral offer airport pickup and cruise drop off for 2 as part of the Fly, Snooze and Cruise offer.  For our upcoming trip, paying for these separately was cheaper using the Cocoa Beach Express.  

We stayed at the Hyatt right at the Orlando airport. It’s very convenient because the hotel lobby is just upstairs from baggage claim. The next day we used Cortrans shuttle to get to our ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd recommend checking out the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. They offer shuttle services to and from the airport, and many guests have found it convenient for pre-cruise stays. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marie51 said:

We stayed at the Hyatt right at the Orlando airport. It’s very convenient because the hotel lobby is just upstairs from baggage claim. The next day we used Cortrans shuttle to get to our ship.

Did you use Cortrans to get back to the airport?

3 minutes ago, laedw said:

Did you use Cortrans to get back to the airport?

Yes, they have a choice of times to get picked up at the port. We picked 8:30 AM and they were there right on time, by 930 we were at the Orlando airport.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sundown6 said:

I'd recommend checking out the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. They offer shuttle services to and from the airport, and many guests have found it convenient for pre-cruise stays. 

The Hyatt at the Orlando airport is right upstairs from baggage claim, you don’t need a shuttle to get there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Radisson Resort at the Port offers this.  We stay there anytime we cruise out of PC and did it for our cruise this past January.  So unless something just changed, check the website and when  you book there is a rate specific for this option.  After booking you call the resort and they take care of making reservations for the airport pickup and the cruise shuttle transfers.  I suggest calling immediately after booking to get scheduled.  And you chat with them online to confirm the shuttle options are the same as they were when we cruised last.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:17 PM, Baowen said:

how did your car rental work?  We are thinking of doing a 1 way rental the day we arrive back to port.  Plan to spend the day exploring Cocoa Beach then heading to Orlando to drop off can and stay the night before flying home the next day

On 6/19/2024 at 12:21 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

how did your car rental work?  We are thinking of doing a 1 way rental the day we arrive back to port.  Plan to spend the day exploring Cocoa Beach then head to Orlando to drop off can and stay the night before flying home the next day

There are lots of car rental companies in Coco Beach. There was one in walking distance to the port but I don't see it now.  Most of them have shuttles that will pick you up at the port and take you to their location.  You can drop it off at MCO when you are done. 

On 6/18/2024 at 10:24 AM, Marie51 said:

The Hyatt at the Orlando airport is right upstairs from baggage claim, you don’t need a shuttle to get there.

Definitely my favorite place to stay is Orlando!  Get off the plane, get your bags, then take the elevator up to check in. So easy!