Internet access?

umama

I'm trying to figure out exactly how the HAL internet cafes (spec. Oosterdam) work. Are you charged for *all* computer time, or just online time (can I compose emails offline for free and then just pay to send them)?

I've also heard conflicting reports about whether you can pay for unlimited access. Can someone clear this up?

Thank you!

There is no offfline access on the cafe computers. The only way you can be offline is to bring your own laptop. I did this on my recent 62 day cruise and only needed to be online to send and recieve emails about 3 minutes a day. In fact I bought the maximum minute package offered on the cruise which was 1000 minutes for $250. It was to much because at the end of the cruise I still had 4 hours to burn up which I did on the last couple of days by doing some surfing of the internet. If you are a high usage email user your own laptop is the only way to go as you can compose and read offline and only need to be online to send and recieve.

I have never seen unlimited usage offered on any ship to date.

Archived