Noordam,TV's and DVD's

frobert

We just returned from the Noordam. We had booked an SZ guarantee.

In our cabin, the flat screen TV was not wall mounted, rather on the desk beneath a set of shelves to the right of doors leading to the verandah. The DVD player was below the TV on another shelf. During the cruise, 4 different movies are shown each day on channels 34 and 35. Each of the 4 shows, was shown 4 times during the day. The movies and showtimes are listed in your cabin directory.

Examples of some of the movies that were shown on TV were:

War of the Worlds

Must Love Dogs

Seabiscuit

Hitch

BeWitched

Skeleton Key

Cinderella Man

The Perfect Man

Herbie - Fully Loaded

Also, DVD's can be borrowed from the Exporation Cafe'. They are complimentary for those in a suite and otherwise, I believe, a charge of $3.00)

Hope this helps.

OK, here's another question. If you brought the right cable, would it be possible to disconnect the sound cables from the DVD going to the TV and connect an iPod to the TV?
Maybe yes, maybe no! How is that for an answer. Really in my experience on the Amsterdam you would have to have been a contortionist to get at the cables. I think it depends on the cabin, on the lower decks the TV and DVD are mounted on the wall. When I looked at the setup it looks like the shelves with the TV and DVD were assembled on shore and then taken into the cabin and bolted to the wall. This would make sense because it would speed up installation during a retrofit when time is precious. The DVD and TV were bolted to the shelves and access to the cables was very, very tight. It sounds like in the suites that the TV and DVD may be more accessable. Personally I would make up a cd or dvd with my tunes and just insert it in the dvd and play it over the system. The dvd will play mp3 along with other formats.

Archived