Amsterdam verandah cabin - bed orientation?

ioanab

I did not see this mentioned anywhere... The only cruise on which I've been so far, if you imagine the bed lengthwise on the ship, the headboard was pointing aft and the foot of the bed forward, so we were going with the motion of the ship. Is that ever not the case? :confused:

That is not the case. Every other cabin is oppisite in layout. This is because the bathrooms of each cabin backup to the adjacent cabin so the plumbing is together between each cabin. So the layout of every other cabin is just reveresed. You can also see this in the hallway where the entrance to the cabins are next to one another for adjacent cabins. I hope this makes sense.

It does make sense, thanks. Would Reservations know which one of the configurations I got? I'm worried about motion sickness due to feeling like we're moving backwards (I noticed in the dining room too, we were more comfortable facing forward - I guess we're quite motion sensitive!) Has anyone had a problem if their headboard was forward and foot of the bed aft? Maybe I worry too much... :o

If you look at the deck plan of your deck, look to see where the door to the corridor is. If it's on the upper end of the cabin, the bed is on the opposite wall headboard aft.

Example: Rotterdam B6208 and A6148 has the headboard toward aft. A6174 has headboard toward the front of the ship. We've been in all 3 cabins.

If the door is pictured on the lower end of the cabin, the bed is opposite facing foreward. This is true of all veranda cabins except PS, as most of the outsides have the bed under the window.

GN

If you look at the deck plan of your deck, look to see where the door to the corridor is. If it's on the upper end of the cabin, the bed is on the opposite wall headboard aft.

Example: Rotterdam B6208 and A6148 has the headboard toward aft. A6174 has headboard toward the front of the ship. We've been in all 3 cabins.

If the door is pictured on the lower end of the cabin, the bed is opposite facing foreward. This is true of all veranda cabins except PS, as most of the outsides have the bed under the window.

GN

Thank you so much! I am very relieved, our headboard is aft :)

Archived