Modifying Specialty Restaurant Reservations

Keith1010

Great news. I am not sure when this enhancement was made to specialty restaurant reservations using My Account.  In short, if you want to modify your reservation and select a different time for the evening of your original reservation the capability to do this now exists.  You simply go to your restaurant reservation and click on modify and it will bring up other times when there are openings. You select the new time you would like and click update.  

While you can’t use this to select a different date this is still a terrific enhancement and kudos to Crystal for making this enhancement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Still also easy to visit Mario on embarkation day. After reading the Day One Waterside menu, Mr B hustled up to Osteria and secured us a table for that evening. It worked great, perhaps b/c we were at c. 500, not 700..

Later in the cruise, guests were disappointed not to be able to secure an extra Umi Uma reservation, or sushi bar spot.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Keith, I am coming on Nov.27th from Ft Lauderdale to San Juan and then staying from San Juan to San Juan!  This will be my 4th Crystal cruise. But first, since covid.  I am traveling with 3 couples the first week and then 5 couples the second week. I will try to book our specialty dinners altogether. I was hoping for a round table. Any suggestions to make this happen? Last time I needed each couples number. But now I am being told I don't need their number. Just book the restaurant and time for me and tell them I will have guests. Do you know?

Cordially, Carolyn 

48 minutes ago, Txcotn said:

Hi Carolyn, We just did this for our cruise that is just before yours, and they ask for your dining mates' booking numbers.

Correct. You can book for up to 8 persons at the table. It sounds like you may have more. I suggest you book for 8 and tell the extras to do a booking for the remainder at the same time. Then once on board on Day 1, go discuss what might be feasible and preference for round table. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JerseyCarol1960 said:

Hello Keith, I am coming on Nov.27th from Ft Lauderdale to San Juan and then staying from San Juan to San Juan!  This will be my 4th Crystal cruise. But first, since covid.  I am traveling with 3 couples the first week and then 5 couples the second week. I will try to book our specialty dinners altogether. I was hoping for a round table. Any suggestions to make this happen? Last time I needed each couples number. But now I am being told I don't need their number. Just book the restaurant and time for me and tell them I will have guests. Do you know?

Cordially, Carolyn 

Carolyn,

This is what I would recommend.  

For each cruise either have your TA or yourself send an e-mail to on board guest services.

Include the name of the ship and the date of each voyage.

For each dining reservation include the name of the specialty restaurant, the time and date desired and the names of the people as they appear on their respective bookings.  

Send this to on board guest services at:  obgs@crystalcruises.com

I would do it sooner rather than later and not wait till you are on board the ship given the quantity of people and the fact that there are very few tables in each restaurant to accommodate the size of the party.

Once on board you can have your butler check if you have what you requested for both cruises or at least the first cruise and then you could see the specialy restaurant maitre d' to confirm the second cruise.  

Glad you are returning to Crystal and wish you and those you are traveling with a wonderful time.

Keith

• Like 2