Cash or Credit Card for 10 day Mexican Riviera Cruise

Besides taking USA $ for gratuity on board our Grand Princess Cruise in January, do we need extra cash for stops in ports, or are credit cards widely accepted.  We do have about 4500 pesos, about $350 cdn. dollars. We will be going to Todos Santos as well as Yelapa on the excursions.   With the horrible USA exchange rate, about 38% premium, we want to avoid bringing more US $ than necessary...perhaps bring more Mexican pesos.  We will be spending 2 nights pre cruise trip in San Pedro, but credit cards will be used while there.  Thoughts, please,  Thx

I have been on MX cruises many times and never took more than 100 pesos ( generally leftover from purchase at Walmart!) You can use credit card for most purchases and generally small US $ bills for miscellaneous if no pesos

If you plan on shopping in small markets for souvenirs then you will have plenty of money. I have been to both ports and credit cards are readily accepted. Pre-cruise in San Pedro credit cards are all you need. If you are seafood fans you should check out San Pedro Fish Market, delicious.

Since I live close to the US-Mexico border, I often have a lot of Mexico pesos to use when I am along the Mexican Riviera.  I find that many of the cruise related place near the port actually prefer US dollars.  And credit cards are nearly always accepted unless you are dealing with street vendors.

One warning regarding using credit cards.  Legitimate vendors generally give you two receipts - the normal receipt and a credit card receipt.  Make sure that you get both.  I have had two incidents where I have purchased goods that were priced in US$  BUT run through in Mexican pesos.  The total charge ended up being about 25% higher than I would have expected.  In the future, I will pay cash - either pesos or dollars.