Upgrade from plus to premier on existing booking?

14 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

I literally did this two weeks ago.   All through chat box.

All that was needed was "what is the price difference".   "Thank you, can I get Premier?".   It was all done through that.  I had to pay the difference promptly otherwise it wouldn't go into effect.

Now, my booking still shows Plus, BUT in the booking details you can see the upgrade to Premier.   And then I booked two specialty restaurants "free".  

PS: she did say that doing it via app or web not through the service can cause issues, so she was glad that I contacted them.  Take it for what it is.  😉 

That's very interesting, were you after final payment, or on board now?. When I did the upgrades, twice, by phone, it was well before final payment and all they did was increase our final payment by the upgrade amount ($US280?). No charges at the time of upgrading. And like you, we still show as Plus for one of the trips, with the Travel Summary showing the full upgrade details.

Just returned from Alaska Grand Princess.  Husband and I purchased premier ahead of time and our other two rooms (sons 19-26 y.o.) purchased while on board. We originally wanted two under 21 year olds to be in same room and planned on buying premier for them and plus for younger two. Guest services put on a hard sell and eventually said because of the original booking we HAD to buy all plus or all premier for the four which I found ridiculous but I found that is the way Princess operates. Constant upselling. My son, noticed however, that there was a tab on the app that allowed him to upgrade to premier for 20$ per person per day. No third party required.  But if only interested in specialty dining, not sure the extra 140 per person is worth it. Casual dining and dessert options are very limited and it was hard to impossible to book the steak house while on the cruise. Even when I booked before the cruise, only one late option available. The plus plan, however, is more than worth it, given wifi, tips and drinks.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 8:20 AM, ceilidh1 said:

This is in my app

IMG_3872.png

Ceilidh1

In this picture does that mean you have Princess plus or you would have to upgrade to plus? I’ve paid for princess plus but it doesn’t specify it anywhere on my paperwork but my screen looks like yours. 

thank you for your help. 

33 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Ceilidh1

In this picture does that mean you have Princess plus or you would have to upgrade to plus? I’ve paid for princess plus but it doesn’t specify it anywhere on my paperwork but my screen looks like yours. 

thank you for your help. 

I have Plus! It’s asking me to upgrade to premier. You should see it in the app under “view packages” or on your web personalizer under the onboard purchases - even if you go into “purchase” a beverage package online it should tell you that you have a package and ask you to review…

36 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Ceilidh1

thank you for your help. 

This is where you view in the app (scroll down on the Home Screen)

IMG_3889.png

39 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Ceilidh1

thank you for your help. 

In the web version of personalizer, click on bundles

IMG_3890.png

3 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

You should see this

IMG_3891.png

Thank you so much for all those details. 

It doesn't show up on the mobile (cell phone!) app but it does show up on the cruise personaliser on the web after scrolling through all those pages you indicated it says "purchased"!

I'll just have to carry my computer on board as proof!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paddingtonbear said:

Thank you so much for all those details. 

It doesn't show up on the mobile (cell phone!) app but it does show up on the cruise personaliser on the web after scrolling through all those pages you indicated it says "purchased"!

I'll just have to carry my computer on board as proof!

The other spot on the mobile app it should show is under profile (bottom right). If you click on that and scroll down, you should see “onboard packages “. If you still don’t see it, you might want to log out, make sure you have the latest app version (maybe seven delete and reinstall) and then relog back in!

Edited by ceilidh1
Pic