Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

Has anyone actually stayed in cabin 2445 on the Victory? I have seen photos and remarks about the Triumph, but not the Victory. I am booked in this one 11/04/2007 and would love to know the actual layout of the room and if it has a bunk that comes down from the ceiling since it looks like my son will be bunking with me. :D Thanks! ~~Chris

I'm also booked on the Victory and haven't been able to find pictures. But, I spoke with "Chattypatty" and she said that the rooms have one twin bed, one bunk bed and a sofa that DOES NOT pull out into a bed. It does however have those great windows!

I'm bunking with my child as well so the bunk beds don't bother me.

Since there are NO pictures of this cabin on Cruise Critic, would you please take some and post them here when you come back?

Thanks and have a great time.

I stayed in cabin 2444 on the Victory 3 weeks ago. It has a twin bed, a sofa which I dont think is a bed and it did have a compartment on the ceiling which looked like it would open into a bunk bed. Very spacious without 2 beds and of course it has the 2 windows. I have no photos. Cabin 2445 is the same. I talked to the gentleman who stayed there.

Since we have this cabin booked for 9/22/07 I did a search to find pictures of this exact room but was not successful. I did find out that it has one bed and one bunk and a sofa. If no one has posted pictures by the time we cruise, I will be sure to take some.

:D :D :D

abitaturbodog - I will definitely take photos and post them here when we return. I am a shutterbug, so there will probably be more than anyone wants to see, lol!:D

susan bt - I would love it if you would take some photos! I know we are going to have a great time no matter what, but it is a lot of fun to see the cabin ahead of time!:)

;) coachj - can you tell me what sorts of noise and or vibrations you encountered (if any)? I have read that the staircases are for staff use only and seldom used. Did you find that to be the case? Also, I am a little bit prone to motion sickness and I wonder how this location compared to something more mid-ship? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx in Advance ~~Chris

They used the stairway for the lifeboat drill only. I never saw anyone use it other than that time. I felt no vibrations at any time, but we had very calm waters to and from Canada. It is recessed from the hallway so it is very quiet. i never heard engine noise. Compared to the Holiday which shook like a tree in a hurricane at low speed the Victory was a very stable ship.

Thank you so much for your info! It puts my mind at ease.

I experienced pretty severe motion sickness on our first cruise, but it was one of the smaller, Fantasy class ships, the Paradise, and we encountered really rough seas.

We sailed last February, and the waves were so big in the first 24 hours that we had to skip Catalina Island. The ship was tossing everyone around so much that my sister commented that it was the first time she had ever seen sober people weaving involuntarily from side to side, and it was amazing that the drunks weren't tossed into the sea! :D

I'm going to get a patch or wrist band before I go this time, just to be safe, but I think it will be fine since the Victory is so much larger and has a better stability rating. There's no telling what the Caribbean will be like in November though, LOL! ~~Chris

• 1 month later...
any cabins like that on the Spirit class ships?

Bill

cheap rooms --nope?? awesome balconies....yes (unlike the rest of the fleet= ex 6232/6234 check out the deck plans- you will see one on each deck. cabin sitting sideways is a handicapped cabin. 293682914RhfvOj_th.jpg

Will be in 2462 on the Freedom for the last week of November.... Looks like I will beat everyone on here as far as getting pictures of that cabin! :)

Cool, thats my cabin in April, make sure you keep it nice a clean for me :D

Fred

Will be in 2462 on the Freedom for the last week of November.... Looks like I will beat everyone on here as far as getting pictures of that cabin! :)

I'll be in this cabin two weeks later, on December 15th. I'll look forward to your pics!! Have a great sailing :)

• 3 weeks later...
Below are photos taken a few weeks ago (Sept '07) of cabin 2465 on Carnival Glory, showing that it does, indeed, still have only one bed on the floor. The other bed pulls down from the ceiling.

Great photos! I'm pretty sure that this is what they look like on the Victory too. Those windows are fantastic!

cdfbcb--You're almost there! Don't forget to take pictures...

Thanks for all this awesome info! I just booked both 2465 and 2462 for the 8/24/08 sailing on the Valor, based on all this great advice. DH and I have only cruised in mini suites and balconies together but because we are vacationing with DM and DD this time and are on a budget, we had to stick to inside cabins. My clausterphobic husband has been bugging out about not having at least a window and now we have TWO!:)

Can anybody tell me if these two cabins are exactly alike or are there any differences?

Thanks!

On the Valor and Liberty cabin 2465 has a large shower with a handicapped seat. It has a slightly smaller closet. It is considered a handicapped room. Otherwise they are the same. The Freedom is probably configured that way also.

On the Valor and Liberty cabin 2465 has a large shower with a handicapped seat. It has a slightly smaller closet. It is considered a handicapped room.

On the conquest class ships all handicap cabins start at Cat. 4C, cabins 2462 and 2465 are not handicap cabins because the width of the doors are under 34 inches, too narrow for a wheel chair. You are right though, there is no lip in the shower and it does have a chair the folds down.

Fred

Thanks for the quick responses!

More questions for the Valor...

Can the twin beds be separated in 2465/62 if you ask the steward?

In 2465 with the "handicapped style" shower, did you experience an overly wet or slippery floor? Did the length of drain (where the lip/rim of the shower would normally be) work well? I've experienced wet slippery floors using handicapped showers before.

Did you ever get the "washing machine" effect with the windows being in a cabin that low on the ship?

I hope these cabins are not changed while the ship is in drydock this coming winter!

Thanks again for all the great info!

Archived