Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

Yes, they are twin beds on the floor that can be pushed together. I had 2462 and my friend had 2465 so I was in both rooms. Room 2462 has a bigger closet that's the only difference.

These are great rooms for the cost, there is vibration from the thrusters, but not too bad.

It is wonderful to have confirmation again. My cruise will finally start next week and my group will have both cabins 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest. Thanks!!

i booked 2462 Conquest for labor day 2009. they gave me a price of $1028.xx . Sounds to me like they forgot the fuel surcharge. im wondering if they give you a bad price if they can later come in and change it? price was $469 pp (as opposed to $449 i paid for 2008), up $20 pp

i had so much trouble finding those cabins open for 2008, booked further ahead this time while cabin choices are wide open. i took 2462, i guess its a tad preferred over 2465? does anyone know if there is a handicap bar in the shower of both? i think i read its in 2465 which may even have a pull down shower seat. im a little confused which is better for someone slightly handicapped.

>>Serene, when I was on the Conquest in November 2001 (one of her first cruises) I went to look at one of these rooms before we left the ship on the last day ... At that time, the room (I believe it was the starboard cabin, so #2465 ) was set up with only one bed on the floor, with the head of the bed against the wall that extended from the long hallway, and a drop-down upper criss-crossing it from above.<<

Someone I know has booked this cabin (2465) for a cruise in 2009. Her customer rep at Carnival told her that the cabin has bunks, a lower and an upper.

i booked 2462 Conquest for labor day 2009. they gave me a price of $1028.xx . Sounds to me like they forgot the fuel surcharge. im wondering if they give you a bad price if they can later come in and change it? price was $469 pp (as opposed to $449 i paid for 2008), up $20 pp

i had so much trouble finding those cabins open for 2008, booked further ahead this time while cabin choices are wide open. i took 2462, i guess its a tad preferred over 2465? does anyone know if there is a handicap bar in the shower of both? i think i read its in 2465 which may even have a pull down shower seat. im a little confused which is better for someone slightly handicapped.

This is the price my sister paid for 2465 for next week. I was able to grab a bit lower military rate. I will come back and post info about both rooms and check out the shower situation for you. :)

I have a question about room 2465 on the Carnival Liberty. I have read all the posts about the beds being able to be pushed into one king size bed and so I booked the room. But recently I noticed a triangle marked on room 2465 while I was looking at Carnival Liberty's deck plan on the Carnival website. And when I look at the legend it says that the triangle means one twin sized bed and one convertible sofa bed. My question is, has anyone stayed in this room recently and are the beds still able to be pushed together? Or should I change my room? I really like the idea of having the windows at a very low price but I also want the king size bed.

some 1As have no windows, some have portholes, a couple have picture windows.

some are upper/lower, some are twin/sleeper sofa, a couple have two twins.

all 1As cost the same, but obviously some sell sooner than others. it is the least expensive cabin and alos the best value for singles, since there is reduced or no single supplement.

on Destiny, I believe they are 2334/2335

My friend Sonya had room 2335 at this time (I and my GF were in a different room), she did pay a single supplement for the room for total cost of about $450 for seven days, which is still a great rate.

She had a single bed, and there was a bunk bed recessed into the ceiling, thus the room had tons of free space for just her.

• 4 weeks later...
The Destiny and Triumph has one twin bed.. the destine had a sofa bed instead of a upper bed. Did that change since last year?

Both special 1As on the Triumph (2444 and 2445) have a twin bed on the floor and upper bunk in the ceiling.

According to my research on the Destiny the two 1As are configured differently - I believe 2334 has two beds on the floor that can be pushed together and 2335 has the one twin on the floor and upper/ceiling.

Wondering if someone who has been on the Destiny can confirm this? (Also I think Destiny is going into drydock April 2008 so wondering if this might change?)

Wondering if someone who has been on the Destiny can confirm this? (Also I think Destiny is going into drydock April 2008 so wondering if this might change?)

Carnival knows these rooms are quickly grabbed up- Look at the deck plans of the new Carnival Splendor and you will see these two cabins are now 6B's they will be sold as a premium oceanview cabin

Yes I was aware of the Splendor's change in cabin category but I was asking about the Destiny's 1A cabins 2334 and 2335 and wanted to confirm that 2334 was the 2 twins while 2335 only had one twin on the floor.

Hoping someone that was recently in the cabin can confirm?

Thanks,

Froufie

I released cabin 2465 yesterday on the May 10, 2008 Freedom in the Med. I found an outside guarantee for only $100.00 more so I took that hoping for a balcony upgrade. Someone may want to call and try to grap that up. Well a girl can hope can't she?

• 3 weeks later...
As promised, here are the 7 pics and 1 video of cabin 2462, Carnival Freedom....

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561703466KjuYkn

Just came back from the Freedom. Loanshark your pictures truly represented what the room looked like. Thanks so much. I would definitely book this room again. The only vibrations that we heard was when we went to the ports with the exception of Grand Cayman. Alan did fix the noise from the crown molding. Thank you for that. The room is large, two pictures windows, and a king size bed. It really is a great value. I would just like to confirm that the following ships have the same config. Liberty, Valor, and Conquest.

Are there any other ships that have the same features?

ML

Liberty, Valor and Freedom all have the same setup in 2462 and 2465. I have stayed in all 3 ships in these cabins. 2465 has the larger shower but smaller closet. Both have 2 twins that can be put together and 2 regular size oceanview windows.

Its always 'intrigued' me as to WHY, Carnival would make those Obviously Oceanview rooms, into the least expensive category room (1A) on these 3 particular ships. But I noticed they 'smartened up' in the next ship (Splendor) and made it an OceanView cabin.

I have 2465 on Glory in early December! What was that thing below the window on the video?

There is nothing below the windows in those Glory cabins (unless you choose to put a piece of luggage there, as I do). I went back and looked at the video, and perhaps what sorta appears like a rectangular box below the window is just the wall. There is a curtain, a sheer, and the wall. With the sheer pulled like it was, I guess it frames part of the wall in an odd way. I hope that answer helps. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Its always 'intrigued' me as to WHY, Carnival would make those Obviously Oceanview rooms, into the least expensive category room (1A) on these 3 particular ships. But I noticed they 'smartened up' in the next ship (Splendor) and made it an OceanView cabin.

My guess is that these cabins do not have a sofa. Most of Carnival's room descriptions for an OV cabin state that a sofa is in the cabin.

My guess is that these cabins do not have a sofa. Most of Carnival's room descriptions for an OV cabin state that a sofa is in the cabin.

The two special cabins dont seem to have a sofa, but the 1As up front with Port Holes, the pictures I have seen show a sofa in place of the 2nd bed. Looks really pretty to me. I think the 1As with sofas are the ones that only have one bed.

The two special cabins dont seem to have a sofa, but the 1As up front with Port Holes, the pictures I have seen show a sofa in place of the 2nd bed. Looks really pretty to me. I think the 1As with sofas are the ones that only have one bed.

That is correct! I just came off the Freedom (March 1st to 8th) and had a 1A with the port hole windows (room 1208) which consisted of one single bed and a sofa that could cover to a bed if required. Awesome room, especially for the price!!

I told my PVP that I wanted to try this cabin on the Conquest... He said they always book quickly...

Then, on New Year's Day he called me and told me that my birthday cruise in 2009 has it available and do I want to book it.

Thank you WennFred for sharing this!!!

My sister and I will have a blast and I have WennFred to thank for all the money we'll save!!!

Archived