Packing some Covid tests

For those people who bring their own tests along, how do you bring them?  Do you leave them in the original boxes?  If flying, what about the little vials with liquid?

Thanks.

We just put some boxes in the checked luggage, and often (even for a shorter non-cruise trip) in carry on bags.  It never occurred to me to worry about those little vials.  But we've only taken a few air trips since we had any Covid tests to worry about.

Worst case, they'd ask us to open the carry on bag and search it.

That can happen for many reasons.

The last time I was called aside for a carry-on bag search?  They looked and looked, and  then I asked for a female agent, as they got more and more intrusive, sorting through just about *everything*.

Well, they found "it":

A nice brand new bar of Dove Ultra-sensitive soap. 😡

That now goes right on the top of any bag!

That was certainly not the first time either of us has had Dove with us, so I have on idea what set off someone's inner alarm bell from the xray machine that day.

RM

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dickinson said:

For those people who bring their own tests along, how do you bring them?  Do you leave them in the original boxes?  If flying, what about the little vials with liquid?

We haven't flown since the shutdown (well my husband did fly to Oregon for a weekend, without tests). But if and when we do fly, I suppose -- now that you've made me think of it! -- I would put the vials in my 3-1-1 baggie and the other parts of the tests in their own zippy bag. With one page of the instructions since different brands do have slight differences.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

We haven't flown since the shutdown (well my husband did fly to Oregon for a weekend, without tests). But if and when we do fly, I suppose -- now that you've made me think of it! -- I would put the vials in my 3-1-1 baggie and the other parts of the tests in their own zippy bag. With one page of the instructions since different brands do have slight differences.

Those vials aren’t even a fraction of an ounce- maybe twice the five or six required drops. Just leave the boxes intact and pack them in checked luggage. If they get lost with misplaced bags, kits are readily found worldwide.

• Thanks 2

Don't open the boxes and mess around with separating the contents- you could contaminate the contents, invalidating any results. Leave them intact. I doubt TSA would care about the minimal fluid inside a sealed box if you must put them in a carry on bag.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

We just put some boxes in the checked luggage, and often (even for a shorter non-cruise trip) in carry on bags.  It never occurred to me to worry about those little vials.  But we've only taken a few air trips since we had any Covid tests to worry about.

Worst case, they'd ask us to open the carry on bag and search it.

That can happen for many reasons.

The last time I was called aside for a carry-on bag search?  They looked and looked, and  then I asked for a female agent, as they got more and more intrusive, sorting through just about *everything*.

Well, they found "it":

A nice brand new bar of Dove Ultra-sensitive soap. 😡

That now goes right on the top of any bag!

That was certainly not the first time either of us has had Dove with us, so I have on idea what set off someone's inner alarm bell from the xray machine that day.

RM

Wow!  We bring Dove soap with us too.

Especially on sailings, we place them into the check in luggages.

We figure out how many we will wish to take in case of useage. We use the same company and combine several tests components in one box to eco the space. Works out fine.

We dispose the tests parts in the hallway trash cans so the Cabin Steward does not have to worry if we possible are postive.

We too take Hand Sanitizer in medium and small bottles when we travel. And small bleach wipe container.  And a number of masks better than the ship version. 

Better to be safe...

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

Wow!  We bring Dove soap with us too.

Yeah, so when did bar soap become a liquid. If that, then what else.

6 hours ago, dickinson said:

We've put test kits in carry-on bags without any TSA screening issues. The tiny amount of fluid hasn't set off any alarms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1