Have it All Package

I have booked a trip with a UK agent that includes an HA cruise. I attempted to purchase add ons on the HA website using my cruise ID. Every selection for specialty dining, excursions, WIFI, various beverage packages etc. were, as expected in US's as advertised. However the HIAP was quoted in UK pounds. Instead of the $55 per day or $770 for the 14 days, it was £770.00??

PACKAGES
£770.00

Different markets!  

As you booked with a UK agent HAL is logically presuming you are in the UK as they have no prior record of you.

HIA is different prices in different markets.  Also it includes different elements.

In Europe it is €65 per day including Crew Appreciation, in UK it is £55 per day including Crew Appreciation, in US it is $55 per with no Crew Appreciation.

2 hours ago, Duff Howard said:

I have booked a trip with a UK agent that includes an HA cruise. I attempted to purchase add ons on the HA website using my cruise ID. Every selection for specialty dining, excursions, WIFI, various beverage packages etc. were, as expected in US's as advertised. However the HIAP was quoted in UK pounds. Instead of the $55 per day or $770 for the 14 days, it was £770.00??

PACKAGES
£770.00

It probably offers you the option to pre pay Crew Appreciation and that will also be in £

10 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

It probably offers you the option to pre pay Crew Appreciation and that will also be in £

And in Eu/NL the crew appreciation in EU = € 17 per day and in USA $17 per day. Difference of about 8%.....

58 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

And in Eu/NL the crew appreciation in EU = € 17 per day and in USA $17 per day. Difference of about 8%.....

Er, no Lenny it's not!  Crew Appreciation is charged in USD and is the same as US, but if you pre pay then the price quoted is in the currency of the booking.  The exchange rate is another thing and I believe that the previous beneficial exchange rate (for EU bookings) has ended in recent months.

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Er, no Lenny it's not!  Crew Appreciation is charged in USD and is the same as US, but if you pre pay then the price quoted is in the currency of the booking.  The exchange rate is another thing and I believe that the previous beneficial exchange rate (for EU bookings) has ended in recent months.

Yes Colin, it ended.  In June while booking a cruise at HAL office in NL it was exactly the same amount in €€ as in $$. I made a remark during that telephone call and asked whether it was a mistake in my account on the website. It was not. So I decided not to pay in advance, but to pay via the on board statement.

5 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Yes Colin, it ended.  In June while booking a cruise at HAL office in NL it was exactly the same amount in €€ as in $$. I made a remark during that telephone call and asked whether it was a mistake in my account on the website. It was not. So I decided not to pay in advance, but to pay via the on board statement.

Yes I remember now that you posted that, Lenny. 

However, I have just checked a cruise I have booked for next year and for the 13 days in Verandah although the fare includes HIA+, the Pre Paid Crew Appreciation shows a price per person of €207.21 which is a rate of $1 = €1.065.  Perhaps they have reinstated the rate.

45 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes I remember now that you posted that, Lenny. 

However, I have just checked a cruise I have booked for next year and for the 13 days in Verandah although the fare includes HIA+, the Pre Paid Crew Appreciation shows a price per person of €207.21 which is a rate of $1 = €1.065.  Perhaps they have reinstated the rate.

If so, I am glad they followed up my suggestion 😂 that a normal rate would be appreciated by passengers and not a rate with more or less a difference of 6 to 8% ......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

If so, I am glad they followed up my suggestion 😂 that a normal rate would be appreciated by passengers and not a rate with more or less a difference of 6 to 8% ......

@VMax1700 Crew Appreciation included in our HIA for the 3 weeks cruise € 398,40 instead of the 21x$19=$ 399 pp. So in NL not reinstated....

2 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

@VMax1700 Crew Appreciation included in our HIA for the 3 weeks cruise € 398,40 instead of the 21x$19=$ 399 pp. So in NL not reinstated....

That is really strange!  Why would they differentiate by country?  I can perhaps understand a differentiation by currency, but not by country.  

I have noticed that the HIA rate including Crew Appreciation is the same €65/day for all staterooms, so there is no differential between Suite and non suite rates.

4 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That is really strange!  Why would they differentiate by country?  I can perhaps understand a differentiation by currency, but not by country.  

I have noticed that the HIA rate including Crew Appreciation is the same €65/day for all staterooms, so there is no differential between Suite and non suite rates.

That is what I noticed too, as we are in a Vista on the NSDM from next Saturday. The other cruise I mentioned above was the one of July 20th: a fortnight in a veranda AFT, which was overbooked and we accepted the very late but good offer to cancel.... (I vaguely seem to remember that this kind of price difference in EU is not allowed.)