Can you upload a headshot and not taking a live photo during check-in?

ccheng6401

I booked a cruise for myself and my 3 family members who live overseas. We will be sharing a premium suite Aurea. I will check in for all of us but I have the following questions. 

1) Can I upload their photos and complete the check-in for them? I have their account sign in information and passport scan.

2) If I do the check-in right when it becomes available, I should be able to pick the earliest boarding time slot right? Is it first come first served? How does Aurea priority boarding play in this? 

3) The check-in is not available until 30 days before departure. Is it based on the local time zone?   The cruise departures on 12/8. Does that mean the check-in will start at 12:00am on 11/8?   

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, ray98 said:

You don't pick boarding slots....MSC assigns you an arrival time.

Wrong.  During pre-cruise check-in process (30 days prior)  there will be drop-down box to select a different time - from the default one - if you want to.  Only the primary pax gets this option and then it applies to all in same cabin.

Edited by Tagsalong
  • Like 4

Another check-in question:

- I just made my check-in on the MSC for Me app and it gave me a card with something like "Fast Track" on it.

What does it serves for?

• Like 1

Fast track just means that you did an online check in but there is no separate line for it, just makes it faster at the counter.

As for selfie - whatever AI they use for selfies at online check-in it is very smart. Obviously no problem taking your own selfie but no option to upload picture or etc. I guess like previous poster said - just take your selfie for everyone in your party to complete the online check-in and they ll retake pictures at the embarkation.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2024 at 1:10 PM, Bracarense said:

Another check-in question:

- I just made my check-in on the MSC for Me app and it gave me a card with something like "Fast Track" on it.

What does it serves for?

I have that, too, and searches returned a variety of answers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, Tagsalong said:

Wrong.  During pre-cruise check-in process (30 days prior)  there will be drop-down box to select a different time - from the default one - if you want to.  Only the primary pax gets this option and then it applies to all in same cabin.

I think the point is that despite check-in times being specified, they are meaningless since they are not enforced once arriving at the terminal. They are not checked, and no one is turned away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:40 AM, mnocket said:

I think the point is that despite check-in times being specified, they are meaningless since they are not enforced once arriving at the terminal. They are not checked, and no one is turned away.

I agree, at least with Port Canaveral.  For Seaside and Seashore out of PC we arrived very early (10 - 10:30) and always zip through security & check-in regardless our time slot.

• Thanks 1