Cruise Addicts R Us

I could become an addict.

Back to Moreton Island in July, we couldn't tender ashore due to conditions. I was 10 to 20% disappointed, but we did get $100 OBC and a 50% FCC. I had been told the FCC had to be used on a new booking, but it didn't say that in the fine print off the letter.

So good news is our 3 nighter on Luminosa in February has had the FCC applied. The 3-night cruise in an ocean suite has us paying a total of $400 after the FCC is applied. And to top that, when we booked, we scored $500 OBC with shareholder OBC of $50 to come as well.

Good deal, who really needs Tangalooma in their life!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I could become an addict.

Back to Moreton Island in July, we couldn't tender ashore due to conditions. I was 10 to 20% disappointed, but we did get $100 OBC and a 50% FCC. I had been told the FCC had to be used on a new booking, but it didn't say that in the fine print off the letter.

So good news is our 3 nighter on Luminosa in February has had the FCC applied. The 3-night cruise in an ocean suite has us paying a total of $400 after the FCC is applied. And to top that, when we booked, we scored $500 OBC with shareholder OBC of $50 to come as well.

Good deal, who really needs Tangalooma in their life!

Congratulations, quite a score! Though how are you going to spend $550 OBC in 3 days???😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Congratulations, quite a score! Though how are you going to spend $550 OBC in 3 days???😂

It just seems to evaporate on Carnival. We might have to curtail our excesses and see if we can come off with a $0 balance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It just seems to evaporate on Carnival. We might have to curtail our excesses and see if we can come off with a $0 balance.

Good luck with that. I'll be interested to hear how you go when you get back in February, Geoff. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, ceeceeDee said:

Good luck with that. I'll be interested to hear how you go when you get back in February, Geoff. 🙂

We can be conservative. This cruise, then a night in B'Vegas and then we cut get a bit loose for 11 nights with Princess plus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Helene is stuffing us around. Ship is coming in late which helps as we are struggling to get there for tomorrow.

Safe travels Mic, wherever you're heading. We're on the west coast of Florida, if you need assistance with anything let us know. The storm is a good way out to sea off the coast, about in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and is travelling north. The storm is fast moving so that should help. We have not really been affected that much. We've had some heavy rain bands last night and today with some gusty winds but nothing extreme. Actually, the sun is out right now with blue skies. Enjoy your travels.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JJK2008 said:

Safe travels Mic, wherever you're heading. We're on the west coast of Florida, if you need assistance with anything let us know. The storm is a good way out to sea off the coast, about in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and is travelling north. The storm is fast moving so that should help. We have not really been affected that much. We've had some heavy rain bands last night and today with some gusty winds but nothing extreme. Actually, the sun is out right now with blue skies. Enjoy your travels.

The flight cancellations are affecting those in Florida flying to LA to board a cruise on 28 Sept. My heart goes out to them, trying to rearrange travel and/or not knowing  how their own properties may be affected. It must be so stressful for those affected 😪

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

The flight cancellations are affecting those in Florida flying to LA to board a cruise on 28 Sept. My heart goes out to them, trying to rearrange travel and/or not knowing  how their own properties may be affected. It must be so stressful for those affected 😪

I can relate. Hurricane Dorian was blowing his bags in the Caribbean and heading to Miami when we took off from Brisbane back in 2019. We had no idea if we would be able to fly into Miami, let alone cruise the Caribbean. Still didn't know when we touched down in Houston. However, he changed course and by passed Miami so the cruise went ahead on schedule four days later out of the Port of Miami. The eastern Caribbean didn't appear to have copped much damage, but Coco Cay got a bit of a battering.

Have a safe trip, Mic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JJK2008 said:

We fly early tomorrow morning to Orlando, flight has not been cancelled or changed atm, so we should be okay getting there. Port Canaveral is currently closed, our ship will be delayed tomorrow and we currently have a check in 4 hours later than the assigned one.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I can relate. Hurricane Dorian was blowing his bags in the Caribbean and heading to Miami when we took off from Brisbane back in 2019. We had no idea if we would be able to fly into Miami, let alone cruise the Caribbean. Still didn't know when we touched down in Houston. However, he changed course and by passed Miami so the cruise went ahead on schedule four days later out of the Port of Miami. The eastern Caribbean didn't appear to have copped much damage, but Coco Cay got a bit of a battering.

Have a safe trip, Mic.

cheers, we plan on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We fly early tomorrow morning to Orlando, flight has not been cancelled or changed atm, so we should be okay getting there. Port Canaveral is currently closed, our ship will be delayed tomorrow and we currently have a check in 4 hours later than the assigned one.

All extremities crossed for you and those people in Florida who may be Helene's path.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Wishing you all the very best with your travels, and hopefully the 4 hour check in delay is the only hiccup.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You should be fine travel wise by tomorrow.🤞 There certainly could be a domino effect with flights backed up etc. But weatherwise you should be fine. We live in Ft. Myers which is on the west coast of South Florida. We are about 3 hours south/west of Orlando. In our area, we have not had a severe effect from the storm. Some heavy rain this morning and very windy all day. But for at least half the day the sun was out with blue sky. It is 6:30 pm as I write this, and we are watching the news coverage. North of us is getting some intense weather with rain, wind and tornado warnings. The storm is still out to sea in the Gulf and hugging the coast and moving VERY fast. So, by tomorrow morning the storm will be well past. Orlando should not have much if any affect from the storm, same as Port Canaveral on the east coast. Hopefully if there are any delays, they are short-lived. Safe Travel to you both, enjoy the cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JJK2008 said:

You should be fine travel wise by tomorrow.🤞 There certainly could be a domino effect with flights backed up etc. But weatherwise you should be fine. We live in Ft. Myers which is on the west coast of South Florida. We are about 3 hours south/west of Orlando. In our area, we have not had a severe effect from the storm. Some heavy rain this morning and very windy all day. But for at least half the day the sun was out with blue sky. It is 6:30 pm as I write this, and we are watching the news coverage. North of us is getting some intense weather with rain, wind and tornado warnings. The storm is still out to sea in the Gulf and hugging the coast and moving VERY fast. So, by tomorrow morning the storm will be well past. Orlando should not have much if any affect from the storm, same as Port Canaveral on the east coast. Hopefully if there are any delays, they are short-lived. Safe Travel to you both, enjoy the cruise. 

Stay dry. I hope the worst of it passes you by

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The joys of travel. Enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Good luck, Mic. I hope the travel gods are kind to you. Have a great trip. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Have arrived for my flight, which is still scheduled without delay. I don't do 3.30 am starts well, but we are here at our gate for our early flight with time for a coffee.

3:30am starts! Ugh! Sometimes I've only just got to sleep at that time! 

Safe travels. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, just boarded. It's so nice to sit down in the Schooner bar with a double black on ice.

Sorry if you've mentioned it before, Mic, but what ship are you on? As usual I like to cruise vicariously. 🙂

• Like 2

Giving in to the addiction. Couldn’t help it. Can feel myself slipping into vacation mode. Packing done. Instructions to the kidults to look after the dog and in a few hours will be sitting poolside with the first cocktail on the Diamond Princess out of Melbourne for 7 days of doing whatever I want.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, dreamin'ofthesea said:

Giving in to the addiction. Couldn’t help it. Can feel myself slipping into vacation mode. Packing done. Instructions to the kidults to look after the dog and in a few hours will be sitting poolside with the first cocktail on the Diamond Princess out of Melbourne for 7 days of doing whatever I want.

Different ship, different port and 80 days later, I'll be doing the same thing! 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1