Is (new) dining the same on all the ships?

pawmtweez

We have been away from Princess for awhile and I know that dining is changing next month.  My understanding is that the ships will have three options to pick from:

--traditional early or late dining

--anytime dining in which you can reserve a time

--walk up dining (like a restaurant that doesn't take reservations).

Is this correct?  And if so, is this the case on all Princess ships?

Posted (edited)

@pawmtweez yes it’s correct. I have a thread called new dining ship by ship. What ship are you booked on? What year? Or just looking?

Here’s a little of what is on the other thread.

From Princess website: choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand’s industry exclusive OceanNow location-based “anywhere” service. Booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Open seating (Princesses new term) AKA walk-in is just that. 

This is just one ship, didn’t want to post all of them.

Caribbean Princess -2024 & 2025

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM( choice of shared table or private table, subject to availability ) May 2025 voyage at 7:30 pm -private table only as of 7-24-24.

Palm dining room-reservable starting at 5 pm every 20 minute reservations (choice of shared or private table after choosing the time-subject to availability)

Coral dining room is walk-in( enter on port side)  & Reserve collection dining room- entrance on starboard 

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

I'm looking at booking Sapphire Princess for November 3rd and was just told by a Princess rep that there is no traditional dining.  The only two options are reservations and walk in anytime.  Perhaps someone who has an upcoming booking on Sapphire can confirm if this is accurate or not.

50 minutes ago, Marcus305 said:

I'm looking at booking Sapphire Princess for November 3rd and was just told by a Princess rep that there is no traditional dining.  The only two options are reservations and walk in anytime.  Perhaps someone who has an upcoming booking on Sapphire can confirm if this is accurate or not.

What does the app show? 

Thank you Arizonaperson.  I had seen that thread the other day but couldn't find it earlier when I was looking.  In any event, we're thinking about Enchanted Princess in November.

@pawmtweez

here is what I show.

Enchanted Princess-2024 & 2025

Santorini-Traditional 5 pm ( shared & private tables) & 7:30 pm( private table,no shared)

Amalfi dining room -reservable every 20 minutes from 5 pm-8:20pm ( able to get private table)

Capri- walk in

@Marcus305

This what I show.Unless someone else has booked on a Sapphire voyage has something different??

Also The post about the app, can’t they look at their app to see what’s available. No they can’t , they have not booked  the cruise yet. At least that’s what I understood.

Sapphire Princess 2024 & 2025

International D.R.- Traditional- ??

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes - only option  in App to book so far in July 2024( but not for voyages in 7-2024)

Pacific Moon & Santa Fe-Walk in- ?? & probably Reserve Collection dining

Sapphire Princess 2026- as of 7-20-24 a CC  member booked for voyage in August in Vivaldi

Vivaldi,International , & Savoy reservable every 20 minutes ,5 pm start private or shared

Santa Fe & Pacific Moon- nothing available,so probably walk in DR

9 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Also The post about the app, can’t they look at their app to see what’s available. No they can’t , they have not booked  the cruise yet. At least that’s what I understood.

Thanks.  Your understanding is correct.  I have not booked this cruise yet so I am unable to see what is available on Sapphire through the app.

37 minutes ago, Csardas said:

Late dining is 7:30? What’s the latest you can eat with any of the other options?

What ship? What year? Traditional? 
The reservable dining room is much later than traditional. The walk in restaurant same general time as reservable.

No reservations are necessary for dinner.

18 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@pawmtweez yes it’s correct. I have a thread called new dining ship by ship. What ship are you booked on? What year? Or just looking?

Here’s a little of what is on the other thread.

From Princess website: choice when it comes to their dining experience by offering three table service options – Traditional, Reservable, or Walk-in Anytime - coupled with the brand’s industry exclusive OceanNow location-based “anywhere” service. Booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

Traditional dining seems to be 5 PM and 7:30 PM with a few variations.

The reservable (Flexible is Princesses new term) a.k.a. dine my way starts at 5 PM and there are slots available every 20 minutes.

Open seating (Princesses new term) AKA walk-in is just that. 

This is just one ship, didn’t want to post all of them.

Caribbean Princess -2024 & 2025

Island dining room is traditional 5 PM and 7:30 PM( choice of shared table or private table, subject to availability ) May 2025 voyage at 7:30 pm -private table only as of 7-24-24.

Palm dining room-reservable starting at 5 pm every 20 minute reservations (choice of shared or private table after choosing the time-subject to availability)

Coral dining room is walk-in( enter on port side)  & Reserve collection dining room- entrance on starboard 

I'm sorry -- does "Caribbean Princess - 2024 & 2025" mean the change will be implemented sometime between now and the end of 2025?  

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I'm sorry -- does "Caribbean Princess - 2024 & 2025" mean the change will be implemented sometime between now and the end of 2025?  

No, dining room changes are suppose to start September 14/15, 2024.

This reflects the change for voyages that are in 2024 and 2025.

From Princess news on Princess.com:

Starting on April 15, 2024, the new approach will launch on Princess voyages departing September 14, 2024 and beyond. To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that already have been made for voyages sailing September 14 and beyond for any ship ***except Sun Princess will be cancelled. *****Main dining reservations for guests sailing through September 13 will not be affected. 

This change does not affect guests booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required.

*****Making all dining formats available fleetwide follows the resounding success of this new approach already implemented aboard the new Sun Princess.  *****With the stunning introduction of the new next level Love Boat came the debut of three-story dining room with one floor dedicated to traditional dining, another serving guests with a flexible reservation and a third for anytime walk-ins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@Marcus305

This what I show.Unless someone else has booked on a Sapphire voyage has something different??

Sapphire Princess 2024 & 2025

International D.R.- Traditional- ??

Vivaldi & Savoy-reservable every 20 minutes - only option  in App to book so far in July 2024( but not for voyages in 7-2024)

Pacific Moon & Santa Fe-Walk in- ?? & probably Reserve Collection dining

Sapphire Princess 2026- as of 7-20-24 a CC  member booked for voyage in August in Vivaldi

Vivaldi,International , & Savoy reservable every 20 minutes ,5 pm start private or shared

Santa Fe & Pacific Moon- nothing available,so probably walk in DR

We have a booking on Saphire and @Marcus305 is right. All we could do on the app is reservations every 20 minutes or walk in there is no dinning room assigned for traditional.

For Sapphire P. Yes that’s what CC members have reported ,so far unable to make traditional first or second seating reservations for dinner.

Why?? Who knows, especially for cruises in November of 2024. Keep trying I guess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

No, dining room changes are suppose to start September 14/15, 2024.

This reflects the change for voyages that are in 2024 and 2025.

From Princess news on Princess.com:

Starting on April 15, 2024, the new approach will launch on Princess voyages departing September 14, 2024 and beyond. To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that already have been made for voyages sailing September 14 and beyond for any ship ***except Sun Princess will be cancelled. *****Main dining reservations for guests sailing through September 13 will not be affected. 

This change does not affect guests booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required.

*****Making all dining formats available fleetwide follows the resounding success of this new approach already implemented aboard the new Sun Princess.  *****With the stunning introduction of the new next level Love Boat came the debut of three-story dining room with one floor dedicated to traditional dining, another serving guests with a flexible reservation and a third for anytime walk-ins.

Awesome info - thanks!