Cruise Theme Shirts and Hats?

On most cruises we’re on, we see families and groups with matching shirts and sometimes hats.  We always thought it was a great thing but never did it.  We gave an upcoming New Year’s cruise on Freedom of the Seas and I wish thinking of finally doing this.  I’m looking for feedback from anyone who has done this on the experience and logistics involved.  How hard was it to find a company to produce the shirts etc…. All feedback is welcome. 

We've done this for our family of 4. In those cases, we don't do anything custom, but rather choose a fun shirt for all of us to wear together. Often, we buy them at Target or online at one of our preferred stores. If you want custom, I suppose it depends on how large your group is and how much you are willing to spend. I see ads for shirts from folks on Etsy etc..., but I suppose you could by them from places like custom ink too?

• Thanks 1

There was a group on our last cruise, must have been 50 of them, had matching T shirts withe the words, Crazy Cruiser, or something very similar, on it.

I nearly reported them to trading standards, because from what I witnessed they were not crazy at all, didnt do anything crazy, or act in a crazy manner. Infact I thought they were quite boring.

False advertising.🤣

• Haha 2

You can look online for companies like Zazzle (if they are still around!?).

They print up all sorts of customized items:  t-shirts, mugs, tote bags, and things you probably can't even imagine.

We used a company like this for custom items for our vacation rental properties, but we worked with a designer because we wanted a special logo.  We had Post-It type notepads, pens, totes, and champagne flutes when someone was celebrating an anniversary, wedding, graduation, etc.

[We wanted our guests to take these things home so they'd remember *and* so others might notice and ask about "that place...?" 😉 )

But you shouldn't need a designer to make really nice souvenir type items to use during the trip and then keep for memories.

(Some places only do "quantities", which are less expensive per item, but that's not a help if you only want 1 or 5 or 10, etc.  Find a place that does *not* require "quantities".)

GC

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We were on a short cruise last week.  A large family group had custom T-shirts celebrating someone's 21st B-day.  Like My "Grandson' "Son", "Cousin", "Nephew", etc  is celebrating their 21st B-day.  They seemed like a very happy group.  

Edited by ldubs
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Or, if you are handy and have a printer, and if there aren't too many of you- buy your own plain shirts, make your own simple design on your computer, and print it onto iron on transfer paper. I did that one year for a family trip to Disney World.

Edited by mom says
  • Thanks 1

Google "Customized T Shirts" and you will get an array of online companies.

Google "Customized T Shirts in Toronto" and you will see an array of local businesses who can help you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My last cruise there was a large group that occupied a half dozen tables together in the MDR.  Each table group had a different color shirt but all had the same design.  EM

We had customized shirts made for our cruise in April. DW runs a daycare and a couple of the families came along. We wore the shirts for our boarding picture. We have a friend that did the design and put it onbthe shirts we bought. Toughest part was getting shirts the same color. Had to settle for each age group having the same shade of turquoise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Toughest part was getting shirts the same color. Had to settle for each age group having the same shade of turquoise.

Did you shop online?  I think that may be better than trying to get something locally, unless it's a larger store doing a lot of commercial business too.

@Airbear232 - this might be a place to try https://www.entripy.com/products/all-categories/t-shirts

BTW - I have never done this for a cruise, but have gotten custom shirts for a company outing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SelectSys said:

Did you shop online?  I think that may be better than trying to get something locally, unless it's a larger store doing a lot of commercial business too.

@Airbear232 - this might be a place to try https://www.entripy.com/products/all-categories/t-shirts

BTW - I have never done this for a cruise, but have gotten custom shirts for a company outing.

We did shop online thru Amazon and it amazed me that finding the same shade was so hard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

We did shop online thru Amazon and it amazed me that finding the same shade was so hard.

I ran into this one year with an event I put on and we needed Youth t-shirts and Adult t-shirts. Even shirts from the same company aren't necessarily the same color when you cross sizes!

• Like 1