Princess Picks- Higher Package Prices

FLAlaska

I know the topic of people seeing higher package prices has been addressed but I hadnt encountered it. Got an email today about a Princess Pick promotion

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/princess-picks?cid=ds_em_emp_na_pix_exp_de4mo200_240808_na&correlationId=7f7a9bc9-046f-4c25-bdc8-924578b5e0d1

Every cruise I looked at had different package prices .Some someat $68/$88 , others at $64/$74.  When looking at cruises not on this promotion, still getting the $60/$80.  Maybe this isn't a glitch as some have assumed. With this new internet plan are prices really going up? Will they be dynamic?  Anyone learn or seen anything about this?

I think the most important line in the promotion is "Introducing Princess Picks: our curated collection of hidden gems just for you".  Looks to me like Princess is headed toward individualized pricing where the price you're offered is based on the info they have about you and scaled to what they think you'll pay.  Did you try looking at the specific cruises from a different computer and browser without using the link?  Be interesting to see if it was different.  It would also be interesting to see if a TA got the same pricing you did.  This is just speculation but it's a thought.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter which computer or ip address. People are talking about it in FaceTime groups and not surprisingly , agents not knowing how to answer, calling it a glitch. Princess really needs to learn to communicate better 

I only see $60/$80 packages on all my bookings up to April 2026.

Right now I cannot do anything on the app,  nor log in to the website- .  Tech problems message.

24 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Its only some of them. if this is an IT issue, enough is enough with Princess IT.. 3 cruises, 3 different prices

image.thumb.jpeg.577af00a19439fa1f822da1d449b5ac0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb61e47fbb240b30e4a7c891eb8acedd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5868efc3e4906ec370b2aa3c46bb486.jpeg

Looks like you have a problem.

4 minutes ago, dog said:

Looks like you have a problem.

I thought so too but I tried it login in , logged out, on different IPs. And it seems to be only these december cruises.  All other ones and my current booked ones are showing correctly.

Just looked at our Jan 2025 Brazil cruise on the Majestic where the cruise fare for an M1 cabin keeps dropping. When I logged onto my account and looked at our booking, it showed that we could add either the Plus for $60 pp/day or the Premium for $80 pp/day, as we booked it with a cruise only fare. However, when I logged off and did a generic search for the same itinerary, this is what appeared.

image.thumb.png.284c9490ba3554e75c27574ebdb256d8.png

There is a glitch now.

They could also be making changes. My booking took off the 65% discount link and I cannot access packages. Any packages I saw earlier were same as before.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Some of the "Princess Picks" cruises have an "instant savings" of up to $400, but I've noticed that the savings are not always available for every cruise package.  It might apply to the "Standard" fare, but not the "Plus" or "Premier" - or it might apply to "Standard" & "Premier", but not "Plus". 

That might explain why some of the Plus and Premier pricing seems off in comparison to the Standard fare on some cruises.

Enjoy up to $400 in instant savings and get up to 40% off when you reserve now with just a $99 deposit*, on top of our already incredible prices

Edited by Abercrombie2019
tried to clarify

This cruise has $200 Instant Savings for Standard Fare and Plus Fare, but not for Premier Fare - so it makes it seem like Premier costs more than normal.  These prices are in Canadian dollars.  "Plus" is $81 CAN ($60 US) per day.  Premier is usually $108 CAN ($80 US) per day.

Plus is $81 per day on this cruise, but Premier is $121.30 per day (instead of $108) because there is no instant savings of $200 on the Premier fare.

Pick Plus.png

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just looked at our Jan 2025 Brazil cruise on the Majestic where the cruise fare for an M1 cabin keeps dropping. When I logged onto my account and looked at our booking, it showed that we could add either the Plus for $60 pp/day or the Premium for $80 pp/day, as we booked it with a cruise only fare. However, when I logged off and did a generic search for the same itinerary, this is what appeared.

image.thumb.png.284c9490ba3554e75c27574ebdb256d8.png

I don't see this screen when I'm selecting a room.  The website still shows Standard, Plus and Premier on the same screen with the banner "Good", "Better" and "Best" above them.

My screen also shows that there are "Instant Savings" on some of the selections, but not all of them.  I think these instant savings are affecting the price per day that they are showing on the screen that you are seeing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Its only some of them. if this is an IT issue, enough is enough with Princess IT.. 3 cruises, 3 different prices

image.thumb.jpeg.577af00a19439fa1f822da1d449b5ac0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fb61e47fbb240b30e4a7c891eb8acedd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5868efc3e4906ec370b2aa3c46bb486.jpeg

Wow … just wow. They must think we are stupid to think savvy cruisers don’t price compare. Not cool. 

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

This cruise has $200 Instant Savings for Standard Fare and Plus Fare, but not for Premier Fare - so it makes it seem like Premier costs more than normal.  These prices are in Canadian dollars.  "Plus" is $81 CAN ($60 US) per day.  Premier is usually $108 CAN ($80 US) per day.

Plus is $81 per day on this cruise, but Premier is $121.30 per day (instead of $108) because there is no instant savings of $200 on the Premier fare.

Pick Plus.png

This is what I see. In Ontario.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

I don't see this screen when I'm selecting a room.  The website still shows Standard, Plus and Premier on the same screen with the banner "Good", "Better" and "Best" above them.

My screen also shows that there are "Instant Savings" on some of the selections, but not all of them.  I think these instant savings are affecting the price per day that they are showing on the screen that you are seeing.  

Our views in the US, at least on my computer, changed to this new screen format (after either selecting a specific cabin or the "We Pick Your Room" option) earlier this year. It appears the website software interface used in Canada is still using the old format.

• Like 2

I checked for my cruise on the Sun and the package prices are now 74 and 94$ with the new sale pricing which is still higher than what I paid including the plus package.  I did also check for my next years cruise on the Enchanted it's still at the 60&80 prices for packages.

3 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Wow those prices are all over the place! Just refared my January 2025 voyage capturing $233 drop + 200 OBC (adding Plus later, maybe) and Plus is 60pp/day. So I checked my other 5 upcoming cruises. All Premier at 80, Plus at 60. FWIW I wonder if the bump up 8s because you'd be getting dbl cruise pts

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I checked for my cruise on the Sun and the package prices are now 74 and 94$ with the new sale pricing which is still higher than what I paid including the plus package.  I did also check for my next years cruise on the Enchanted it's still at the 60&80 prices for packages.

Is your Sun Princess cruise 2024??

If so, then those under the dbl points package perk might just be paying an upcharge for pkgs

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Wow those prices are all over the place! Just refared my January 2025 voyage capturing $233 drop + 200 OBC (adding Plus later, maybe) and Plus is 60pp/day. So I checked my other 5 upcoming cruises. All Premier at 80, Plus at 60. FWIW I wonder if the bump up 8s because you'd be getting dbl cruise pts

There is a promotion going on called Princess Picks. It came through in an email, its the cruises on those that seem  have these weird package prices. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

There is a promotion going on called Princess Picks. It came through in an email, its the cruises on those that seem  have these weird package prices. 

Yes & I used that promo to refare but I'm still seeing the latest Premier $80 / Plus $60 prices. (Anyone else remember pick 2 of 3 for $25pd? Gratuities / wifi / drinks. Get all 3 for $40 🤑)

As an elite my wifi was $5 so I got all 3 for $30. But then I've been on ships with only 400~ cruisers (August 2021)

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yes & I used that promo to refare but I'm still seeing the latest Premier $80 / Plus $60 prices. (Anyone else remember puck 2 of 3 for $25pd? Gratuities / wifi / drinks 🤑)

Best. Sale. Ever.   Best2DG - then use the 250 minutes provided by Captain Circle status

indeed 🦄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1