Viking Venus Repositioning

OneSixtyToOne

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

You are absolutely correct.  Just looked at Pacific Horizons Tokyo to Hong Kong in 2025.  They did indeed add another sailing.  Orion leaves Tokyo Oct 7 and Venus leaves Oct 5.

image.png.f7d307fe292fcbce58176444f787441a.png

image.png.aa38d70cf1a945793e9b333abcec1184.png

Not only that, the Orion is nearly completely SOLD OUT, whereas the Venus is wide open.  But the Venus rooms are cheaper for some categories than Orion.  (I.e. PV3 14999 vs. 15999 on Orion).  Wonder how many will switch ships.

Thanks! I guess I wasn't clear enough when I wrote that Venus is scheduled for cruises from Tokyo to Auckland in the fall of 2025. Should have said these are in addition to what the Orion is doing. And why i wrote that Venus still needs to to be scheduled to cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo - plus the other 3 that start in Vancouver. 

BTW - why are you calling that cruise Pacific Horizons?  That's not what it's called on the VO site. There it's called Southeast Asia Horizons (to Bangkok) or Far Eastern Horizons (to Hong Kong). 🤔

Edited by CharTrav

Have to admit I must be wrong about deadheading this Fall.  South Pacific Sojourn this Fall (2024) is following two separate itineraries, depending on the ship.  Orion is following the usual -- Bangkok to Sydney (Nov  1).  However, Venus will start in Singapore on Nov 25, 2024.  Both will take 29 days ending in Sydney but with slightly different itineraries.  Click on the Itinerary link shown under Travel Dates next to the standard pictures of each of the ships to see the exact itinerary for each.

image.png.08581a03d421c4586fbec0877df9edc1.png

Singapore, Bali, & Beyond (ending in Bali) was added specifically for Venus, also starting on Nov 25.

Bottom line -- It looks like Venus is in fact deadheading from Athens to Singapore around the southern tip of Africa, departing Athens on or after Oct 21 (after Venice, the Adriatic, and Greece) to arrive in Singapore before or on Nov 25.

Can I haul out my wet noodle with which to beat myself?? 🤪 I completely forgot to re-check the 2024 schedule until today -- have been focused on all the major changes that have been done in 2025 and 2026. Whoops!

On 8/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, Cienfuegos said:

CharTrav, thanks for your amazing work keeping track of all this data.  And the many changes

I'm sure it's a lot of work and we also appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, stardaisymoonbeamdakota said:

It's nice to see your post! We're also booked on an Alaska cruise next May.  What is your departure date; and do you live in Alaska now?

I’m coming over from Japan and doing two more cruises after that.  I’ll be one of the lecturers.

8 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

I’m coming over from Japan and doing two more cruises after that.  I’ll be one of the lecturers.

We were on the Hong Kong to Vancouver cruise in April/May of this year.  We had some wonderful lecturers.  Were you on that cruise?

There is still a missing segment in the Viking Venus schedule for 2025. She disembarks in Tokyo on April 17 and embarks in Vancouver on May 11. She then cruises Alaska for the summer season. There is still no sailing listed for the North Pacific Passage for April and it is now almost 6 months out. I think she might be doing the North Pacific crossing without passengers. 

Edited by OneSixtyToOne