Jogging on Deck 15, Grand Princess

voyager1964

I am trying to decide if there is a significant difference between Port (cabins #302-308) and Starboard (cabins #301-307) cabins on the Lido deck of the Grand. Older reviews (~2008) suggest there was jogging on deck 15 right above the starboard that would start early in the morning, but did not see anything about the port side. 

Are there still people jogging on deck 15? If so, do they jog on both sides or only on one side?

TIA

2 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

I am trying to decide if there is a significant difference between Port (cabins #302-308) and Starboard (cabins #301-307) cabins on the Lido deck of the Grand. Older reviews (~2008) suggest there was jogging on deck 15 right above the starboard that would start early in the morning, but did not see anything about the port side. 

Are there still people jogging on deck 15? If so, do they jog on both sides or only on one side?

TIA

I’m not sure too many people jog on deck 15 but if they did it would be both sides.
Most use the promenade deck 7  for jogging and walking

• Thanks 1

Deck 15 is not a good place to Jog. You have to run in a "U". It's also narrow going around the bow. Most walkers and joggers would use the deck 7 promenade which can be 360 degrees loop.  On port days the promenade usually has closed off sections. On those days avid joggers/walkers could use deck 15 for their jogs or walks.

The cabins you mention do get quite a few passengers that use the forward elevators to access the Lido pool area. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't think this is a problem. We've sailed on the Grand many times, and I don't think we've ever seen anybody jogging on deck 15.

We did stay in one of the cabins you mention, and we could hear a lot of noise from the open part when there was something going on there. It didn't continue late into the night.

Edited by Sea Hag
more info
  • Thanks 1

We enjoy cabins on the Lido, deck 14, but choose something more forward. It's not the jogging, well, they walk more than jog, but it's a lap, both sides. Personally, I'd avoid 307 and 308 as you are right next to the doors that pass to Slice and Salty Dog Grill. Those doors open and close all the time. Actually, I'd pick the 200s down and be forward of the elevators.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all that replied. I will admit that the reason for my inquiry was @Papa Yoda 's review here:

Has the situation on the Grand's Sun deck changed since then? That was a Hawaiian cruise, and I am looking at a Caribbean from San Juan, perhaps not as many joggers...