Annoyed with boombox passengers

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I believe the black tie and tails comment was sarcasm. 

Love the sign!! 

The only pants I bring on a cruise nowadays are the ones I wear to the airport if flying out in winter. They stay in the closet the entire cruise. 

As I said 2x now. I know it was sarcasm.  So was mine.   Geez.  lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruise5life said:

As I said 2x now. I know it was sarcasm.  So was mine.   Geez.  lol 

Sometimes sarcasm can come across as mean….not saying yours was….just saying some could see it that way. 

7 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Noise pollution (boom box in wrong areas), air pollution (smoking in wrong areas), and visual pollution (improper dress in MDR) are all equally annoying to me. 

Sounds like the same reasons why we decided to move out of the city. 

4 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Sounds like a you issue.    

So I guess I will apologize for still not getting the sarcasm.  Apparently a me issue but no need to be rude about it

Just now, poocher said:

So I guess I will apologize for still not getting the sarcasm.  Apparently a me issue but no need to be rude about it

And that’s another you issue if you’re thinking I was being rude.    
but hey it’s Sunday.   Anything’s possible.    

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Sounds like the same reasons why we decided to move out of the city. 

Unfortunately there’s lots of annoying loudness in big cities, we’re from Long Island and would visit Manhattan often, but never, ever could I live there. The older I get, the more I like peace and quiet…. I being earplugs everywhere just in case.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

Glad to hear you never go against a policy. Have you ever exceeded the speed limit?

Geez, next time you’re in traffic court tell that to the judge and let me know how it works out for you.

Geez, next time you’re in traffic court tell that to the judge and let me know how it works out for you.

Have never been nor will I ever be in traffic court. But you again failed to see the point. Hope you have a happy life never, ever, ever bending a policy let alone a rule.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Have never been nor will I ever be in traffic court. But you again failed to see the point. Hope you have a happy life never, ever, ever bending a policy let alone a rule.

The actual point was people deride others who don’t follow policies they agree should be followed (re: smoking and music) but believe it is alright for them not to follow other policies (re: dress) they disagree with following.  The people who smoke or listen to boom boxes in odd areas equally believe, like you, that it is their vacation to do as they want.  You somehow believe that someone dressing like a man child in the MDR has some type of merit that is superior to smoking or listening to music and that this merit is sufficient for them to set their own policy.  That is self-entitlement..

Edited by Airbear232
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

The actual point was people deride others who don’t follow policies they agree should be followed (re: smoking and music) but believe it is alright for them not to follow other policies (re: dress) they disagree with following.  The people who smoke or listen to boom boxes in odd areas equally believe, like you, that it is their vacation to do as they want.  You somehow believe that someone dressing like a man child in the MDR has some type of merit that is superior to smoking or listening to music and that this merit is sufficient for them to set their own policy.  That is self-entitlement..

But wearing a tshirt is not against policy... in fact, the head waiter told us last cruise to "dress how you want-- as long as you can't get in the pool with it, you can eat in it- formal dining is for those who want pictures, comfortable dining is for those on vacation"  I wish they would just take that mans quote and post it all over the place. Still not sure how a t-shirt interferes with your dining experience. Go to Cunard if you want stuffy people overdressed for dinner every night. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

WHAT "policy"?  A "recommendation" is NOT a "policy".  So, please, point to the policy you're referring to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

But wearing a tshirt is not against policy... in fact, the head waiter told us last cruise to "dress how you want-- as long as you can't get in the pool with it, you can eat in it- formal dining is for those who want pictures, comfortable dining is for those on vacation"  I wish they would just take that mans quote and post it all over the place. Still not sure how a t-shirt interferes with your dining experience. Go to Cunard if you want stuffy people overdressed for dinner every night. 

We had a very memorable experience on our Alaska Rhapsody cruise back in 2011. When we informed our waitstaff that we would be dining in the WJ the following formal night as we had not brought anything even remotely close to formal attire they were having none of it and implored us to dine with them in whatever clothes we had. Waiter, assistant waiter, maitre'd, assistant maitre'd, even other waitstaff close by stopped to speak to us. So we showed up the next day and were greeted with open arms by all including the next table for 2 over who were dressed in evening gown and rented tux and who we are still in contact with to this day. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

What’s this man child outfit you keep referring to?       Asking for a friend.    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

So glad you straightened me out on what I believe. Here I was thinking I disagreed with others loud music and smoke in my face. And now I’m going to have to figure out what a man child is so I can find that elusive policy.

Cruising is just too much fun to worry about others and I am capable of adapting to my surroundings without putting other down.

Edited by 2wheelin
Add

1 hour ago, Cruise5life said:

What’s this man child outfit you keep referring to?       Asking for a friend.    

I was wondering same thing. 😁  but we may be opening a whole new thread on what’s appropriate and not appropriate for children to wear in the MDR 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

So glad you straightened me out on what I believe. Here I was thinking I disagreed with others loud music and smoke in my face. And now I’m going to have to figure out what a man child is so I can find that elusive policy.

Cruising is just too much fun to worry about others and I am capable of adapting to my surroundings without putting other down.

IMG_0117.png

IMG_0118.png

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I was wondering same thing. 😁  but we may be opening a whole new thread on what’s appropriate and not appropriate for children to wear in the MDR 

Well why not.     If tipping posts and 2.00 bill post can cause a stir.   Why not a man child post.  Lolol 

• Haha 1