Quiet, relaxing public areas on Royal Princess

Hi, having only cruised on the old Sun Princess, the Diamond Princess and recently the Majestic Princess, we are now considering a cruise on the Royal.

As this cruise will be in the cooler months, we are not sure how much use our uncovered balcony will be, especially if it rains. Are there any nice, quiet, relaxing indoor lounges where one can go should the weather be bad outside? On our recent cruises, we have had access to the Hollywood Conservatory on the Majestic along with the adults only solarium and Eden on Celebrity Edge. 
We would prefer not to have to pay for the Sanctuary and from looking at the pictures, I’m not sure how weathertight this area is anyway. Thank you for your help. 

Yes, I thought of that but from experience on the other Princess Ships, the Vista lounge was used for all manner of entertainment, (talks, dance lessons, game shows etc), on the sea days. There don’t seem to be many other options. 

On Grand Class ships, between Vista, Explorers, Wheelhouse, Crooners, and even the international cafe/piazza, I can usually find an inside place to chill when I want.  Additionally there are the comfortable chairs & couches outside of Wheelhouse and Explorers/Crown Grill.   Just have to move around a little.  I have not been on Royal and realize she doesn't follow the same template.  Still, I bet you will be able to find some relatively quiet places to relax throughout the day.     

During the day try Crooner's Bar, Wheelhouse Bar, Horizon Terrace. Seating in the Vista Lounge on the Royal is not very comfortable.

Curious about your cabin. Almost all cabins with a balcony on the Royal have covered or partially balconies. Most balconies are small, 9ft x 4ft. Some are extended or angled with partial cover. 

6 hours ago, skynight said:

During the day try Crooner's Bar, Wheelhouse Bar, Horizon Terrace. Seating in the Vista Lounge on the Royal is not very comfortable.

Curious about your cabin. Almost all cabins with a balcony on the Royal have covered or partially balconies. Most balconies are small, 9ft x 4ft. Some are extended or angled with partial cover. 

Our cabin is in the aft of the ship and has no covering at all unfortunately.