Overnight parking in Kahului

leftgit6

I’m  sure this topic has been done before but I can’t seem to find any posts about it. We are renting a vehicle for both Kahului and Nawiliwili. I believe there is street parking near the port at Nawiliwili but not sure where there is parking in Kahului. Any suggestions for both is appreciated. We’ve been looking forward to this trip for several years. Thanks. 

19 hours ago, leftgit6 said:

but not sure where there is parking in Kahului. Any suggestions for both is appreciated. We’ve been looking forward to this trip for several years. Thanks. 

Not a ton of great options. I'm pretty sure the only legal place where you don't have a chance of getting the car towed is at the airport (which would require an Uber or taxi to get back to the ship each way). 

If at all possible try and rent for one day, even if you drop off after hours or at the airport which is 24/7. Folks do roll the dice and park overnight at the mall across from the port entrance but you run the risk of getting the car towed. 

On 8/27/2024 at 10:41 AM, leftgit6 said:

I’m  sure this topic has been done before but I can’t seem to find any posts about it. We are renting a vehicle for both Kahului and Nawiliwili. I believe there is street parking near the port at Nawiliwili but not sure where there is parking in Kahului. Any suggestions for both is appreciated. We’ve been looking forward to this trip for several years. Thanks. 

Will you be on the Pride of America or another cruise ship - and what hours/days will you need the car?

On 8/28/2024 at 12:11 PM, princeton123211 said:

Not a ton of great options. I'm pretty sure the only legal place where you don't have a chance of getting the car towed is at the airport (which would require an Uber or taxi to get back to the ship each way). 

If at all possible try and rent for one day, even if you drop off after hours or at the airport which is 24/7. Folks do roll the dice and park overnight at the mall across from the port entrance but you run the risk of getting the car towed. 

We rolled the dice, and a ton of other rental cars joined us overnight in the Longs Drugs lot (the mall). We parked out of the way so we weren't taking close spots.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, cruising with the family said:

Any updates to the parking situation at the Maui port for NCL POA?  I would like to rent a car for both days but certainly don't want to deal with scrambling to find a place to park or finding it towed the next morning!

Did you bother to read the preceding posts? Post #2 & #4 in this thread pretty much sums things up. Are you expecting things to change in the 3 weeks since those responses were posted?

15 hours ago, DCwom said:

Did you bother to read the preceding posts? Post #2 & #4 in this thread pretty much sums things up. Are you expecting things to change in the 3 weeks since those responses were posted?

wowsers.  aren't you sweet!?!

I read the limited posts and posted to bump this one again for visibility because I have read other places about potential other options for parking but those posts were old...so yeah, I was wondering if there might be other people here who have parked other places in the last 6 months or so that maybe hadn't seen this post. or even in the last 3 weeks.  

If it was so offensive to you, you could have kept scrolling.  just sayin!🤭

16 hours ago, cruising with the family said:

Any updates to the parking situation at the Maui port for NCL POA?  I would like to rent a car for both days but certainly don't want to deal with scrambling to find a place to park or finding it towed the next morning!

Nothing has changed (change happens at a glacial pace in Maui). Your only "sure bet" for overnight parking is going back to the airport. Anything else in the private mall parking lots near the port is a calculated risk.