The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 2nd, 2024

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Tequila Sunrise cocktail:

The tequila sunrise is a cocktail made of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It's served unmixed in a tall glass. The modern drink originates from Sausalito, California, in the early 1970s after an earlier one created in the 1930s in Phoenix, Arizona.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz (3 parts) Tequila,
1/2 oz (1 part) Grenadine syrup,
3 oz (6 parts) Orange juice
Preparation:
Pour the tequila and orange juice into glass over ice. Add the grenadine, which will sink to the bottom. Do not stir. Garnish and serve.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 6.18.44 AM.png

I have this drink everyday at sunrise! Go figure.

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

Good morning. It is lovely and cool here with much less humidity and will only get to 80 later. This long weekend has been challenging as there is no “extra” help. I have been up and busy since three am. I find on these days that as soon as I finally sit down I tend to fall asleep. Sitting up! My DB who is six years older than I am says that it is a true sign of “geezerhood”.

@RMLincoln, Maureen, a very Happy Birthday to you and congratulations on the birth of your great grandchild!

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda and Steve, a very Happy Anniversary to you both!

I have been making today’s recipe for a number of years without knowing it is famous. It is delicious and very easy. Today we are grilling dinner which means DSIL is cooking and I am very grateful. 

Enjoy the day !

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Visited Trinidad years ago on HAL. We had the worst tour ever in Trinidad. It was a ship’s tour of the island by taxi with two couples. Halfway through the tour, it was so bad, How bad was it RNB?, it was so bad that we paid the taxi driver to return us to the ship early. The taxi driver did not want to do it cause he felt he would get into trouble! 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Happy Monday and happy Labor Day. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

I sent off a clean copy of my dissertation to my committee for review. I am sure that there will be edits so I will patiently wait. I hope to be graduating in January. It is a little bittersweet. I have been working on this dissertation for years. I worked on it through a pandemic, the deaths of my sister and brother, and establishing my counseling practice. It kind of became a part of me. I spent hours on weekends writing it. There were times where I needed a break from it. And now it is finished. Won't know what to do with myself. It has to go through my committee review, a form and style review (checking the actual writing), an oral defense in front of my committee, then it gets reviewed by the chief academic officer of the university, then published in ProQuest. And then I graduate. It is almost like sending your child off into the world. 

Anyway, taking Fancy to the park today and enjoying the time off. 

Happy Anniversary to @Quartzsite Cruiser!

image.jpeg.a94c6c8efb523d9d02bf996afe02c99a.jpeg

Happy birthday to @RMLincoln!

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day.

Image result for Labor Day cat memes

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and Happy Monday from the beautiful Zuiderdam. We are on our way to Charlottetown expecting to arrive at 11:00. It’s foggy and there is possible rain in the forecast. 

I am in the Crow’s Nest. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5f3762f3ff5bcd145830af24055c6297.jpeg

Have a great day!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Sandi, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

DSIL came home on Saturday after almost three weeks after breaking her ankle. She was very glad to finally be home! 

@RMLincoln Happy Birthday, Maureen!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Anniversary, Lenda and Steve!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Denise T said:

I sent off a clean copy of my dissertation to my committee for review. I am sure that there will be edits so I will patiently wait. I hope to be graduating in January. It is a little bittersweet. I have been working on this dissertation for years. I worked on it through a pandemic, the deaths of my sister and brother, and establishing my counseling practice. It kind of became a part of me. I spent hours on weekends writing it. There were times where I needed a break from it. And now it is finished. Won't know what to do with myself. It has to go through my committee review, a form and style review (checking the actual writing), an oral defense in front of my committee, then it gets reviewed by the chief academic officer of the university, then published in ProQuest. And then I graduate. It is almost like sending your child off into the world. 

Denise, congratulations on the completion of your dissertation. I didn’t realize that so much work and time was involved!  Wow!  Your upcoming cruise will definitely be a celebration!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for all the daily reports and updates.  It’s a beautiful late summer day.  DBIL arrived last evening from Los Angeles so that makes him our first overnight guest at our new home.

An important collection of days to recognize, sometimes it’s hard to be brave.

The quote can be true at times.  I don’t like to have tons of choices as it makes the process seem overwhelming.

I’ll pass on the meal and drink suggestions.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those who are on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Happy birthday to @RMLincoln and happy anniversary to @Quartzsite Cruiser!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Happy Anniversary @Quartzsite Cruiser!  Happy Birthday @RMLincoln! Congratulations on the new grandbaby as well.

I will definitely pass on the meal - maybe it's how Jennifer Aniston looks so great, but I have no interest in eating that stuff 😉  Pass on the wine as well, as I only like whites. Think I had a tequila sunrise in my younger days, but obviously didn't like it enough to continue. Never been to Trinidad/Tobago so thanks for all the photos!

It'll be another hot day here in Florida, and I can't wait for the cooler weather to arrive! DH & I set out for a walk at 6:30 this morning, and got 5,000 steps in. Tomorrow it's back to work for me, so no more walking until next weekend. Looking forward to a relaxing day just puttering around the house.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy 57th Anniversary Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser and Steve!  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Happy Anniversary ! May you enjoy many more! 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Very best wishes to yourself and Steve on your 57th wedding anniversary.

Graham.

animated-greeting-card-happy-anniversary.gif

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Running late.  Happy Labor or Labour day to those who celebrate.  Happy Anniversary @Quartzsite Cruiser and Happy Birthday @RMLincoln.

Roy

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Anniversary Lenda and Steve. @Quartzsite Cruiser🍾🎂

53 minutes ago, Denise T said:

33 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Sandi, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

DSIL came home on Saturday after almost three weeks after breaking her ankle. She was very glad to finally be home! 

@RMLincoln Happy Birthday, Maureen!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Anniversary, Lenda and Steve!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

19 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser & Steve, Happy Anniversary!!  🍾🥂🎊

Maureen @RMLincoln, Happy Birthday!  🎈🎂 🎈

And congratulations on the birth of the grandbaby!

15 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for all the daily reports and updates.  It’s a beautiful late summer day.  DBIL arrived last evening from Los Angeles so that makes him our first overnight guest at our new home.

An important collection of days to recognize, sometimes it’s hard to be brave.

The quote can be true at times.  I don’t like to have tons of choices as it makes the process seem overwhelming.

I’ll pass on the meal and drink suggestions.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those who are on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today.  Happy birthday to @RMLincoln and happy anniversary to @Quartzsite Cruiser!

1 minute ago, wdw1972 said:

Happy Anniversary @Quartzsite Cruiser!  Happy Birthday @RMLincoln! Congratulations on the new grandbaby as well.

I will definitely pass on the meal - maybe it's how Jennifer Aniston looks so great, but I have no interest in eating that stuff 😉  Pass on the wine as well, as I only like whites. Think I had a tequila sunrise in my younger days, but obviously didn't like it enough to continue. Never been to Trinidad/Tobago so thanks for all the photos!

It'll be another hot day here in Florida, and I can't wait for the cooler weather to arrive! DH & I set out for a walk at 6:30 this morning, and got 5,000 steps in. Tomorrow it's back to work for me, so no more walking until next weekend. Looking forward to a relaxing day just puttering around the house.

Sue/WDW1972

Thank you all for the Happy Anniversary wishes.  We appreciate every one of the good wishes.

It's hard for me to believe it's been 57 years, and even harder to wrap my mind around the fact, I'm old enough to be married 57 years.

My preference is to thank everyone individually, but if I did that, The Daily would become too long and cumbersome.   

Lenda

• Like 29

Good morning, everyone!

We are picking up our pilot for Charlottetown and should be arriving soon.  We are going back to the Water Street Prince Corner Shop for lunch and then shopping Queen Street.  We want to check out @Crazy For Cats Jake’s chocolate covered potato chips.

@RMLincoln Happy Birthday and congratulations on a new little bundle of joy.  Can’t wait to see a picture!

@Quartzsite Cruiser Happy Anniversary to Lenda and Steve.  May there be many more!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Thank you all for the Happy Anniversary wishes.  We appreciate every one of the good wishes.

It's hard for me to believe it's been 57 years, and even harder to wrap my mind around the fact, I'm old enough to be married 57 years.

My preference is to thank everyone individually, but if I did that, The Daily would become too long and cumbersome.   

Lenda

Happy Anniversary Ms Crystal and Steve,  In just three years you can change your name to Diamond Cruiser!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Monday from the beautiful Zuiderdam. We are on our way to Charlottetown expecting to arrive at 11:00. It’s foggy and there is possible rain in the forecast. 

I am in the Crow’s Nest. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5f3762f3ff5bcd145830af24055c6297.jpeg

Have a great day!

Did they fix the window yet?

• Like 13

Greetings from Victoria, BC, looking forward to a good day with some local CC members.

@StLouisCruisersSandi, sorry for the blanks this morning. I work from a local copy at home and failed to load it to halfacts before I left. That oversight has been taken care of.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for posting today’s FR&D, Sandi! It is gorgeous outside this morning with a magical breeze.

Yesterday’s breakfast gathering was so helpful. It confirmed that this community was the place for me. So unlike any continuous care retirement community that I imagined. So my next step is to pull together what I need to get on the waitlist. I am not ready to move there yet, and I won’t go until Bindi crosses “the bridge”, she is 13 1/2 and this would be too stressful. But at least I know what my next step is, and I know I will not burden my family with this task. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing what is going on with all of us. Hope you continue to feel better. 

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, a visit with good friends to share my “research” into CCRC - she is open, he is not. But I suspect he believes they are like the nursing homes of 60 years ago. Then supper at a friend’s tonight. 

IMG_3342.jpeg.897e3a7ef8cc3800a6dc9fa4f4f24c4d.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg.ef92bafc47bac2711106a900ad59d12d.jpeg

IMG_3343.jpeg.43528c5e4f2c10712a39d3137b313b25.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana, praying your FF is off the charts today! Terry, praying you have an uneventful day! Praying for Bonnie, Sandy, Melisa & DH, Annie & Chuck, Nancy’s DB, Terri & Jim, Jacqui, Tony, Pat & Ann and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Happy Anniversary Lenda & Steve!

Happy Birthday Maureen!

IMG_3005.jpeg.271ff55a93a4650429f17104f4ab19ec.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Decoy California Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

I used the 2021 vintage info, since that is the vintage highlighted on the vintner’s webpage. These folks have pricier Cabs, but this one has lots of consumer fans. Easy to find and reasonably priced. Online prices start at $15.98.

Winemakers notes

Established more than 30 years ago by legendary vintners Dan and Margaret Duckhorn, our roots run deep at Decoy. Since 1978, Duckhorn Vineyards has been exploring the character and complexity of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Drawing on our winemaking team’s expertise working with this varietal, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon offers a rich and appealing expression of the varietal crafted to be ready upon release. 
Wine Enthusiast 92
Wine Review Online 90
Production Notes
Varietal Composition: 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot
This alluring Cabernet Sauvignon draws you in with aromas of black cherry, blackberry, mocha, savory blueberry and sweet baking spices. On the palate, silky tannins and a supple, rounded texture frame the voluptuous dark berry flavors, with notions of barrel spice adding nuance and complexity to the long, lush finish.
The growing season began with minimal winter rains and a mild spring. With drought conditions throughout California, we carefully tailored our vineyard practices to ensure balanced crop loads. With slightly elevated temperatures, budbreak at our North Coast vineyards was approximately two weeks ahead of the cooler Central Coast. As a result, our North Coast harvest concluded on October 15th, with our harvest on the Central Coast wrapping up on November 6th. In both regions, the berries and clusters were smaller than average, producing lower yields but deeply concentrated flavors, aromas and textures. Overall, the resulting wines are of exceptional quality, with lovely balance, excellent natural acidity and bright, juicy flavors.

Can't believe the markup in this on HA ships.  I was just reading @richwmn s menus and wine lists.  $58 yikes!  

• Like 19

@smitty34877 I was thinking since you didn't mention your DB that you were holding down the fort by yourself.  Prayers. 

@Denise T congratulations on completing your dissertation!  🍾👍

My DB was in a hospital room yesterday at noon.  He will be there to get him well enough to be discharged to rehab.  I have no diagnosis information as to why he is so weak.   

Still too cold to go fishing.  It is 48 degrees.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5