Parking in San Diego

Sale Away

Does anyone have a preference as to where to park when departing from San Diego? We're booked on the Oosterdam leaving on Saturday (YAY! :D ). Never sailed out of San Diego and I saw that the "suggested" lots by HAL are either across from the cruise terminal or at the airport. Just wondering if anyone has any pros or cons to either and if you knew what the cost is.

Sale Away, just one more option; we parked across the street in FEB and 7 days cost us $96. It's an easy walk plus the security guys will let you drive in next to the terminal area to drop off your luggage for boarding and, upon returning from your cruise, will allow you to do the same to pick up. Doing this will eliminate schlepping your bags from the lot, cross the street, and to the terminal!

Have an awesome cruise! :)

San Diego Airport Parking Company is not far from the Sports Arena. It's a little farther out, but there is a complimentary shuttle. I've used this company twice and have been extremely pleased. When I disembarked from the Oosterdam recently, the shuttle arrived ten minutes after I phoned for pick-up. The rate for one week is $47.50.

When you are aboard the O-DAM please stop by table 58 upper level, aft.

portside. Say hello to Muhammad, who was our waiter on a mid-jan. cruise. Steve & Aileen says we miss his excellent service & are still waiting for him to call, when the O is in San Diego.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE.

Appreciate all the responses and ideas on parking. We typically leave out of Los Angeles when we're sailing out of Southern California. Only ever went into San Diego as a port stop so I never thought to look at the parking choices by the terminal.

We're looking forward to this cruise as it's our first on HAL. Several friends are long time HAL passengers and they've been bugging us to give it a try. Finally found an itinerary that worked with our Spring Break schedule. I've been interested reading all the threads comparing HAL and Celebrity as we've sailed twice with them previously.

Archived