One passenger's name suddenly missing from reservation

webecruzin2

Traveling with my daughter and her family of 4  who are in another cabin.  Our reservations have been linked for months.  This morning we were checking in for the cruise when suddenly she couldn't see her reservation.  She tried to add it but it said this reservation already exists.  When I look at my account it shows both our reservations however my daughter's name is missing from her reservation.
I called Celebrity and the rep said she saw all 4 names in the reservation and we couldn't figure out why her name suddenly disappeared.  
The rep had a heavy accent and her voice kept cutting out so we had very little discussion other than she said she saw 4 names and that she would send it to IT to fix it. 
Needless to say I'm nervous about this, it's been 2 hours and her name still not showing up.
Has anyone had this happen to them before and if so I would appreciate hearing what was the issue and how quickly it was resolved.
Thanks in advance.

I have the same thing, not super concerned as they do have her name on their side.  Was even able to make a reservation while on the phone with them for a massage she wanted.  My travel partner cannot see the reservation currently for the sailing.  As usual there is an issue with IT.  I understand the concern, and you are at check in spot.  

Try pulling up the other reservation with one of the other guests overall.  Main issue is checking in for your daughter but as long as one of the guests gets checked in all can board at the same time.  I'm guessing this will correct in a day or two, hopefully.  But it is unfortunately the norm.with the quirkiness of Celebrity IT  The main concern you answered that they can see her reservation, its just not flowing correctly into the guest portal areas right now.  

5 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

Oh thank you that does make me feel better. Although sorry this happened to you too.  Why oh why can’t X get it together with their IT?  
Thanks again!

Theres quirkiness all around on many res systems....Trust me I have run into trouble with booking direct reservations with major hotel brands.  Tho Celebrity does seem to have more than its share, but in 25 years with them this is the first time something funky happened to me.  

5 minutes ago, fliprcruiser said:

I had same issue early this morning. Checked few minutes ago, I'm back on our Nov Ascent trip.

Why I don't worry to much about this overall, it will fix itself since they could see all the information on their systems 

3 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Why I don't worry to much about this overall, it will fix itself since they could see all the information on their systems 

How would anyone know whats on Celebrity side unless they called? On wife's app it looked like she was traveling solo. On my app cruise disappeared.

Nothing like a good IT issue to get wasted calls to CSRs. Of course, I still can't book drink upgrade on my Iceland trip as planner only shows full package purchase while reservation shows AI cruise fare....

Mine cleared itself up when I just looked now.  Why I dont bother with most reservations except by calling, never really have hold think longest I have had in last few years on my cruises was during black Friday sales and that was maybe 10 minutes.  

1 hour ago, fliprcruiser said:

How would anyone know whats on Celebrity side unless they called? On wife's app it looked like she was traveling solo. On my app cruise disappeared.

Nothing like a good IT issue to get wasted calls to CSRs. Of course, I still can't book drink upgrade on my Iceland trip as planner only shows full package purchase while reservation shows AI cruise fare....

Check the Order History in the Cruise Planner.  Although you booked AI the beverage and wi-fi don’t always get added to Order History until closer to sail date.  The beverage package has to show in Order History to trigger the beverage package upgrade to be available.   If the beverage and wi-fi aren’t showing call Celebrity and ask they add them.  Then keep a eye for a flash sale on the upgrades.

@fliprcruiser

Just in case you hadn't checked your order history before, or know to expect to see a pair of $0.00 entries there not long after you book (for drinks and WiFi on the AI package), here's what it looks like in actual practice:

Celeb1.jpg.8f288eb88ce99225102babcaba36b261.jpg

Then, for anything covered by AI, look for something like this $0.00 entry in your "Order History"

Celeb2.thumb.jpg.a51482879674df235e0559f5c424be9e.jpg

Thanks, order history does show classic drink package, and basic wifi. But when I go to beverages in planner I do not get option for upgrade, just option to purchase full package, either classic or premium.

Trying to upgrade when on sale.

Unable for July 25 Iceland, but could buy upgrade for October 25 transpacific online.  Love X IT dept.

Edited by fliprcruiser