Evenings in Honolulu

geovet

My favorite way to spend an evening is to make reservations at a restaurant on Waikiki, arrive for sunset, listen to music at a couple locations along the beach, and take a walk on Waikiki.   If you are there on the first Friday of a month there is First Friday in Chinatown.  Check a Honolulu activities calendar to see if there is something going on in Honolulu that you would be interested in.  A sunset catamaran or dinner cruise is also nice.  Cherie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geovet said:

Thanks, but I’ve done a luau previously.

Then what are you interested in? When we have a free night in Waikiki we typically will just bar hop a little bit to some of the resorts along the beach and grab something to each at some point. Mai Tai Bar at The Royal Hawaiian and Verandah/Beach Bars at the Moana Surfrider are both great. House Without a Key and Lewers Lounge are both fantastic options at Halekulani-- House has Hawaiian music in the early evening and Lewers is like a New York jazz club (although Lewers does have a dress code in the evening). 

If you want something great that's off the beaten path try Tonkatsu Tamafuji-- you'll want to take a quick Uber and its hidden above an outdoor mall a few blocks in from the beach. Off the charts katsu pork and also excellent other Japanese offerings. Nothing fancy but a must stop every time we're in town. 

• Like 2

My perfect night in Honolulu is cocktails at The House Without A Key at Halekulani, followed by dinner at Orchids at Halekulani.

The below are two pics from Orchids. One is looking out to the ocean directly, the other looks back to the HWAK with Diamond Head in the background.

50288675.jpg

orchids-restaurant-halekulani.jpg?w=800&

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

My perfect night in Honolulu is cocktails at The House Without A Key at Halekulani, followed by dinner at Orchids at Halekulani.

The below are two pics from Orchids. One is looking out to the ocean directly, the other looks back to the HWAK with Diamond Head in the background.

50288675.jpg

I'd second this option. House Without a Key does the best Mai Tai I have ever tasted and the setting is stunning.

IMG_1831.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2024 at 7:35 PM, KeepCalmBearOn said:

50288675.jpg

We didn't do HWAK, but on a non-cruise visit to Hawaii we had dinner at Orchids. Absolutely recommended. Both food and view.

• Like 1