Will Regent sell the Navigator by the end of 2026?

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

I think Silver Shadow or Silver Whisper, both of which look very similar to Navigator and have a similar layout, might be the future Blue World Voyager.  Especially Silver Shadow as she spends end of 2025 and first three months of 2026 in Caribbean and there are no voyages beyond March 2026.

I think Shadow or Whisper most likely candidates as well if they were purchasing something from them.  Whisper had a far less extensive refit during her recent drydock as compared to the one Shadow had a few years ago, so I would actually lean towards the Whisper, of the two, as being first to exit Silversea fleet.

That said the rendering seems to almost exactly mimic the arrangement of Navigator in number of decks and positioning of bridge and lifeboats.  Would be odd of them to do so if that were not the ship they were in negotiations to buy.  Still, it would be odd for Regent to have published schedules and opened sales just in the last month or so for Navigator into spring of 2027 if she was leaving fleet at end of 2025.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Navigator Barcelona to Sydney leaving 31 October 2025.  If they are using a European shipyard for modification that would make sense as first cruise to cancel; otherwise, ship in Africa or Asia for quite a while.  

Pcardad, thanks!  I still cannot believe that NCLH/Regent would still be selling 18 months of cruises on Navigator including two Grand Voyages if they have already agreed to the sale.  Its not like they could just drop the Prestige into Navigator's sailings.

19 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Pcardad, thanks!  I still cannot believe that NCLH/Regent would still be selling 18 months of cruises on Navigator including two Grand Voyages if they have already agreed to the sale.  Its not like they could just drop the Prestige into Navigator's sailings.

At this point, I don't know. NCLH senior management says no ships are going to be sold and ANdrea isn't selling ships without their permission. That photoshopped picture sure looks like Navigator though.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

My TA reached out to Regent at the recent Montreal Travel bash..  Same answer -- No not selling Navigator.

2 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Everyone is going to say they aren’t selling any ships, right up until the day of the sale. 😉

bookbabe, sort of off topic, when did Toronto get renamed Rum Point?

10 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

bookbabe, sort of off topic, when did Toronto get renamed Rum Point?

LOL.  It’s written that way because I moved from Toronto to Cayman just over a year ago, and someone got excessively snippy when I commented on a thread about Toronto because they didn’t realize I was originally from there.  They insisted that it was essential that I update my profile to indicate that I had lived both places.  Not sure why they were so worked up about it, but it’s an easy fix if it makes their universe stable.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bookbabe said:

Everyone is going to say they aren’t selling any ships, right up until the day of the sale. 😉

THIS - EXACTLY this!!!!!  I remember why Celebrity sold the Mercury (well transferred to Mein Schiff technically by RCG).  They publicly denied the sale the day before the announcement was made and had recently added about 12 months of cruises for booking to her schedule within 30 days of the announcement.

IF Regent were to sell the Navigator I could see either Mariner or Voyager having their itineraries shuffled to cover Navigator and Prestige backfilling for those - there could actually be more ship swaps including Splendor, Explorer and grandeur too, but until Prestige itineraries opened and/or a Navigator sale were announced it is all idle speculation.  Parent company NCL is notorious for announcing itineraries 18-24 months out and then cancelling/ship shuffling later down the road.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

THIS - EXACTLY this!!!!!  I remember why Celebrity sold the Mercury (well transferred to Mein Schiff technically by RCG).  They publicly denied the sale the day before the announcement was made and had recently added about 12 months of cruises for booking to her schedule within 30 days of the announcement.

You're exactly correct.  I was booked on the Mercury to sail out of Charleston which they cancelled due to the sale.  I had to move two weeks earlier out of Baltimore to be on her last sailing under X. That was February 2011

Anyone remember this sign on her?

Deck 14 Celebrity Mercury.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 3:42 PM, Nachosdelux said:

Can someone please tell me when the Navigator had her last major refurb? (specifically, the cabins/suites)

is there one scheduled in the future?

thanks

I think the last refurbishment was in 2018 and the next one will be next year along with the other older ships. I know Mariner was done in 2018 and is going in to drydock in Nov. of next year. 

44 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

I think the last refurbishment was in 2018 and the next one will be next year along with the other older ships. I know Mariner was done in 2018 and is going in to drydock in Nov. of next year. 

Navigator does not currently have a gap in sailings until 14 August 2026 and the gap is only nine days so could be dry dock in Barcelona.

• Like 1