Os loyalty program.

jonthomas

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Reread my posts. The primary insult is to elite O Club members. The were already getting the gratuities PLUS O Life OR SM perks.

And, no matter whether you are new to O or a regular, you are being charged the same fare as when there were extra perks (booze, tours, SBC).

How can you not see the screw job??? No price change and perks are gone. Not exactly rocket science to understand the issue.

Maybe you should reread my post.. it might be insult to Silver and above, but it's not insult to me if they removed the perks that were nearly worthless to me and added a perk that is a real money to me.

Not rocket science. And reiterates what I was always saying about loyalty programs..

SM was a non event, and this is a non event too. 

• Like 1

What incompetence. I understand the need for price increases, but it seems like the nepotistic appointment of Junior has resulted in a schizophrenic swing between Simply More and Simply Less.

If anybody can p1ss off Flatbush Flyer, the MOST blatant cheerleader for Oceania (and I say this with much love and respect), then they have really lost it!! Doesn’t say much for the Marketing Department either.

I’m glad for anyone who feels they benefit from this pricing structure change; I just feel that it is a poor reflection on C-suite leadership (or lack thereof).

I have 3 more ressys on O, and am bringing new-to-O family with me on one. Not sure what will happen after that……

Edited by PhD-iva
Correction
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

What incompetence. I understand the need for price increases, but it seems like the nepotistic appointment of Junior has resulted in a schizophrenic swing between Simply More and Simply Less.

Completely agree with this. The flip flop within such a short period of time is really hard to understand and to justify.

But maybe they just realized that they made a mistake with SM and wanted to fix it ASAP. Who knows..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ak1004 said:

Maybe you should reread my post.. it might be insult to Silver and above, but it's not insult to me if they removed the perks that were nearly worthless to me and added a perk that is a real money to me.

Not rocket science. And reiterates what I was always saying about loyalty programs..

SM was a non event, and this is a non event too. 

Gotta ask: are you saying you’ve been paying for your own gratuities???

Even if you are not yet Silver, I think you may be the first person I’ve come across that actually hasn’t had your gratuities covered by your TA (either using OCAPP funds or via commission sharing).

Now, that really is an “event.”

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

If anybody can p1ss off Flatbush Flyer, the MOST blatant cheerleader for Oceania (and I say this with much love and respect), then they have really lost it!! Doesn’t say much for the Marketing Department either.

I’m glad for anyone who feels they benefit from this pricing structure change; I just feel that it is a poor reflection on C-suite leadership (or lack thereof).

I have 3 more ressys on O, and am bringing new-to-O family with me on one. Not sure what will happen after that……

Let’s get one thing straight. I am no “cheerleader.” When any company with which I do regular business behaves in ways that are mutually beneficial with its customers, I make it known that I support the beneficial policies/practices in question. However, when one of those companies clearly screws folks, I make that known too.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Gotta ask: are you saying you’ve been paying for your own gratuities???

Even if you are not yet Silver, I think you may be the first person I’ve come across that actually hasn’t had your gratuities covered by your TA (either using OCAPP funds or via commission sharing).

Now, that really is an “event.”

We get 10-12% rebate from our TA.

19 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Silvers had PPG before, they have it now. What was lost? In fact, we might have a gain. Now, under SL, we get the extra $250 on every cruise. Before it was only on those diminishing number of cruises our TA had OCCAP perks from Oceania.

I think some here would cry if O changed the free cruise perk to 15 cruises instead of 20. Cty that it devalues their Platinum status. 🙄

I believe the loss is that you no longer receive the Simply More credit for excursions, which was higher than the cost of gratuities, and beer and wine are no longer included with meals.  Also no more free cruise or free laundry after a certain number of cruises.

46 minutes ago, Trbd4739 said:

Also no more free cruise or free laundry after a certain number of cruises.

Just now, ORV said:

WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!!

If this is correct this is huge. This is the first I’ve seen of this. Could you provide a link please 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ak1004 said:

We selected a TA for our first O cruise last October. Booked 2 additional cruises. We receive(d) gratuities, some OBC and wine, flowers, etc. They told us that the term "rebate" is prohibited by O. I keep seeing people on CC saying "rebate". All of the perks were below 10%, we were still pleased. Would it be great to have more? Of course. I will ask people on our next 2 cruises for names, since it is prohibited here. Prior to last year's O cruise, we have only paid for 2 cruises, the rest were "perks" from companies with whom we do business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

We selected a TA for our first O cruise last October. Booked 2 additional cruises. We receive(d) gratuities, some OBC and wine, flowers, etc. They told us that the term "rebate" is prohibited by O. I keep seeing people on CC saying "rebate". All of the perks were below 10%, we were still pleased. Would it be great to have more? Of course. I will ask people on our next 2 cruises for names, since it is prohibited here. Prior to last year's O cruise, we have only paid for 2 cruises, the rest were "perks" from companies with whom we do business.

We also get Wine, Fresh Fruit and Fresh Flowers.

They call it Cashback, not sure if rebate and cash back are the same in the eyes of O, but it's officially in their invoice.

image.png.15fedb2dd923f907ab838c636d55d5f8.png

The cruise fare is in CAD, the cash back in USD, so it comes to 11.3%.

2 minutes ago, Trbd4739 said:

There was a large thread on Facebook about it.  I am trying to find it. 

FB is the poster child for misinformation. It is not a reliable source for anything. If you can post a link from Oceania, NCLH or an authoritative website then please do. Otherwise as I said, it only adds to the confusion. 

7 minutes ago, ORV said:

You’re posting misinformation. Please stop. Things are confusing enough without people posting unverified suppositions. 

I had read it in some facebook groups.  The first part (about wine not being included) is true and did address the poster's point that nothing was taken away.  I did say "I believe..." Unfortunately, Cruise Critic does not allow me to delete anything.  Sorry, I did not mean to spread misinformation, and I would happily correct it if I could.  

Edited by Trbd4739
Fixed typos

9 hours ago, ak1004 said:

A lot of O regulars get great TA rebates (or nonrefundable TA OBC) AND Finders Fees for new referrals PLUS onboard welcome packages (or TA”in lieu” SBC instead), O’s pass through OCAPP funding for gratuities (directly from O or via the TA’s Consortium).

I remain amazed that some folks are too lazy to do the groundwork to find a great TA.

35 minutes ago, Trbd4739 said:

I had read it in some facebook groups.  The first part (about wine not being included) is true and did address the poster's point that nothing was taken away.  I did say "I believe..." Unfortunately, Cruise Critic does not allow me to delete anything.  Sorry, I did not mean to spread misinformation, and I would happily correct it if I could.  

Trbd4739: the (now 10 or so) Facebook groups claiming the Oceania Cruises relationship are the collective “poster children” for misinformation. They create more angst than solace and do little more than confuse folks with baseless guesses and contradictions. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Trbd4739 said:

I am not trying to be mean to you. I was just surprised to see a post about the free cruise going away with no one else talking about it. 

31 minutes ago, ORV said:

I am not trying to be mean to you. I was just surprised to see a post about the free cruise going away with no one else talking about it. 

And can you imagine the uproar that it would cause if true??  I suspect that O would lose most of its regulars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

A lot of O regulars get great TA rebates (or nonrefundable TA OBC) AND Finders Fees for new referrals PLUS onboard welcome packages (or TA”in lieu” SBC instead), O’s pass through OCAPP funding for gratuities (directly from O or via the TA’s Consortium).

I remain amazed that some folks are too lazy to do the groundwork to find a great TA.

Yep.. we get all this.

We get referral fees of $250 for O referrals and $500 for SS referrals. We get onboard welcome package as you can see from the screenshot I posted (Bottle of Wine, Fresh Fruit and Fresh Flowers, unless you refer to something else). AND we get 10-12% rebates (slightly more for SS sailings). To me, this better than OBC.

If some people get better perks, good for them. We don't sail as much as some other CC members (around 40-50% nights per year), and we book OV, not even veranda, so this might explain why some people get better perks. But we are happy we what we get.

18 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@EJL2023 I would resubmit with a note as I said previously, your October sailings should reflect the Shareholder Credit as mine shows under Gift Orders, under Promotional Amenities. I just checked again. 
Mauibabes

Thanks! I followed up with them this morning as you suggested and about an hour later I received an updated Invoice indicating the SBC applied under Gift Orders.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1