Table for two request

My husband and I will be on Independence of the Seas in three weeks. We have an early dining time and I would love to have a table for just the two of us. We love sailing with others, we just need this time to ourselves. Life has thrown us a few curves and we need a a time to reflect and catch our breath. Is there a way to request this in advance? Thank for your help.

59 minutes ago, soxin2000 said:

My husband and I will be on Independence of the Seas in three weeks. We have an early dining time and I would love to have a table for just the two of us. We love sailing with others, we just need this time to ourselves. Life has thrown us a few curves and we need a a time to reflect and catch our breath. Is there a way to request this in advance? Thank for your help.

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com  and request it. BUT it may be a little close to sailing, so if you don't get a response, just go to the MDR your first day and talk to the staff at the front, they will show you your table, and you can ask them to make sure it's a private table if it is not already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com  and request it. BUT it may be a little close to sailing, so if you don't get a response, just go to the MDR your first day and talk to the staff at the front, they will show you your table, and you can ask them to make sure it's a private table if it is not already. 

Nope, not supposed to request further out then 3weeks as chance it can get lost or changed so they say 2-3weeks before Cruise send the email. They dont forward all Requests to the Ship until then so perfect time but as you said they dont always respond back now, 5+ yrs ago I'd always get reply with my Table Number and map showing its location, last couple yrs only about half the time. Either way I always walk in Dining room after Boarding just to confirm my 2 or 4 top 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OP - please understand that even though your request for a two top might be honored, it may not be what you are hoping for. Your table for two could be literally inches from another table. A few years ago, my wife and I found ourselves in the same situation you are in. We had had some "things" go on in our lives and we just wanted to spend some time alone together. We asked for, and were granted, a table for two. Our table was about 3 or 4 inches from another table for two and that couple apparently thought our tables were connected and that we wanted to talk with them every night. We did everything we could to ignore them but they just couldn't take the hint. I hope your experience goes better than ours did.

• Like 2

I sent an email to Utopia in July for the August 5th sailing asking for a two top window.    I got it.🤣😂 ,it came with a view of a lifeboat.   Needless to say I wasn’t going to eat in the MDR all 4 nights anyway. 

I just want to add some clarity to making this request.  Send the email to the address previously indicated, rcldining@rccl.com, and include your name, ship, sailing date, and booking number along with your request.  Send it 2-3 weeks prior to sailing.  You may not get a response, but it will be reviewed. 

Once you have boarded, go to the MDR and talk with the maître d to confirm your request.  They typically will try to honor it. Asking for a two top is not an uncommon or difficult request.  If you booked through a TA you can also ask them to support this as well as they can indicated this on the booking form.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

As others have mentioned, the best thing you can do is go to the MDR when you board to make your request. Remember, though, that some of the two tops are located in the middle of the MDR next to other two tops, so it feels like you're dining with others even though you technically have your own table. Be specific in what you're looking for or end up like me, a solo cruiser at a two top in the middle of the room.

15 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com  and request it. 

Do you know if this is the proper procedure to inform them of dietary restrictions?  

If not, what is the proper procedure, if you don’t mind?

24 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Do you know if this is the proper procedure to inform them of dietary restrictions?  

If not, what is the proper procedure, if you don’t mind?

IMO the most certain way to communicate your concerns is directly with the Maître d on board.  There are also the options of advising them in advance via the email, RCI special needs department, or through your TA if you used one.  But they can assist directly on board and will work with you on dietary options.

Agree with all the information given. Stop by after boarding and discuss your needs.  And, if you are pleased with your location on the first night, stop by the podium on the way out and inform the attendant that you'd like that table every night thereafter.  Same table, same waiters.  Make is so much easier and enjoyable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Ask for a table for two along the balcony railing.  Those tables have railing on one side and the walk way on the other side and a good view up, down and all around.  And are rarely requested. 

True, first time we got that was on Voyager 25yrs ago. Lot traffic during meal but for my Wife it was the Breeze they created going by, she was Freezing and had to wear my Suit Coat most nites. I Kidded her she needed to wear a Shawl

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 9/9/2024 at 4:19 PM, doublej said:

Agree with all the information given. Stop by after boarding and discuss your needs.  And, if you are pleased with your location on the first night, stop by the podium on the way out and inform the attendant that you'd like that table every night thereafter.  Same table, same waiters.  Make is so much easier and enjoyable.

I believe the OP has early tradional. 

My DW has bad food allergies.  When not cruising with family, we always sit by ourselves as this allows us to control what’s on the table.  We always request prior to sailing but also always follow up with MDR soon after we board.  Royal has always been very accommodating. 

On 9/9/2024 at 7:11 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

OP - please understand that even though your request for a two top might be honored, it may not be what you are hoping for. Your table for two could be literally inches from another table. A few years ago, my wife and I found ourselves in the same situation you are in. We had had some "things" go on in our lives and we just wanted to spend some time alone together. We asked for, and were granted, a table for two. Our table was about 3 or 4 inches from another table for two and that couple apparently thought our tables were connected and that we wanted to talk with them every night. We did everything we could to ignore them but they just couldn't take the hint. I hope your experience goes better than ours did.

Same thing has happened to us many times on other cruise lines.  Were seated at a 2 top........but were inches away from tables on either side.  Fortunately, the people seated next to us were good tablemates and we enjoyed their company. Luck of the draw.