Which ships have the Havana area?

The Excel Havana area seems to be a difference experience than the Vista class, so if that is what you enjoyed, it might be worth looking at reviews of Excel class to see if it offers the things you enjoyed before booking.

I too enjoy the Havana area on the Vista and the Horizon, but from what I have seen and read, the Vista class ships are the only ones with both a pool and hot tubs that are also on the back of the ship.  Excel seems to be on the side of the ship and they only have a pool, no hot tubs.  I'm not sure why Carnival changed it on the Excel class but I have heard that those areas on those ships are not worth it.

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Done HC rooms on both classes of ships. Prefer Vista class, but would still take a HC on Excel class.

Correct. I don’t mind either. But, it’s strictly depends on what you are looking for. If you are a pool and hot tub person, the Havana on the Vista class is definitely better. The wife and I are not necessarily pool and hot tub people, so we can book on either and be happy.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 10:29 AM, ishap said:

'm not sure why Carnival changed it on the Excel class but I have heard that those areas on those ships are not worth it.

I’m assuming this was changed on the Excel class due to the complaints about prime real estate being made private on the Vista class. And I personally would beg to differ about that area not being worth it. It depends on who you speak to and what you were going to be doing with it. I actually like the fact that the outdoor lounge area is on the side because it is breezy, where on the Vista class that is not always the case.

8 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

I’m assuming this was changed on the Excel class due to the complaints about prime real estate being made private on the Vista class. And I personally would beg to differ about that area not being worth it. It depends on who you speak to and what you were going to be doing with it. I actually like the fact that the outdoor lounge area is on the side because it is breezy, where on the Vista class that is not always the case.

Actually had a fairly long conversation on this with a couple of Carnival MGT guys.  The reasons was much more aligned with the number of the people on the ships and pool space (which is a premium), so if you meant pool real estate, you would be correct.

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Actually had a fairly long conversation on this with a couple of Carnival MGT guys.  The reasons was much more aligned with the number of the people on the ships and pool space (which is a premium), so if you meant pool real estate, you would be correct.

yes

• Like 1

We love the HC cabins and the outdoor Havana area on Mardi Gras.  We dont cruise aft (DH motion sickness) so the MG was the perfect setup for us.  We loved the cabana space and the extra decking area with loungers right in front of our port side HC cabin (never used serenity that whole cruise).  Never had to look for loungers and the outside bar, lounge and plunge pool area for HC only was great (starboard side) with a separate walkway for us to that area or cut through the Havana Bar inside.  Being on deck 8 was great and convenient. We had a lot of privacy and would do it again in a heart beat.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2