Flights for Southbound Alaska — EZ Air?

Jazzbo

We are booked on the 11-night Denali Explorer Cruisetour August 26, 2025, on Sapphire, starting in Fairbanks and ending in Vancouver. Flights aren’t open yet, but I’ve been checking July-August flights to get an idea of what’s available. Coming from Orlando, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of choices — looks like Delta and Alaska Air have the most flights, but schedules and flight times (long layovers and red eye flights) are brutal! (I know — we’re flying about as far as we can within the U.S.) 

Is this a situation where EZ Air might be better? (I’ve read horror stories about EZ Air on this board.) Can you book premium economy or first class through EZ Air?

Also thinking about getting the Alaska Air credit card for sign up bonus miles? We are new to Princess and have only done Alaska once back in 2005 - Inside Passage round trip from Vancouver on Celebrity Mercury.

If you have Alaska Air credit card, you get free checked luggage (I think 2 per person on the reservation).  You also get a big discount to the First Class Lounge ( even if you don't have a first class ticket) on day of travel ( if there is room available). Might be a nice way to spend a long layover.

We almost always use Ez air and never had a problem.  We just booked premium economy on Delta through EZ air for our upcoming cruise.

We have found that most flights for a cruise starting in Anchorage (Whittier) are inconvient.  For that reason, we usually go northbound, or roundtrip from Seattle.