LIVE Symphony OTS - September 15, 2024

5 hours ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

I'm looking at the Hibachi menu. Are the Premier Combo options also included or an upcharge for lunch? 

We pre-paid for lunch for the hibachi for about ~$35.   And it included the Premier Combo!!!  🤩🤩🤩. Royal does it right.  👍😁👍

• Like 2

We’re on a $1500 cruise…. So we don’t get the Coastal Kitchen like the Platinum Ultimatum Golden Diamond Crown Anchor Society… but we poor folks do get the complimentary food from MDR 🤣🤣🤣. Sooooo… what should we have tonight???  😋😋😋😁😁😁IMG_9715.thumb.jpeg.684b27afe2f14ec544b3fe20e262cfad.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, buffet24 said:

We’re on a $1500 cruise…. So we don’t get the Coastal Kitchen like the Platinum Ultimatum Golden Diamond Crown Anchor Society… but we poor folks do get the complimentary food from MDR 🤣🤣🤣. Sooooo… what should we have tonight???  😋😋😋😁😁😁IMG_9715.thumb.jpeg.684b27afe2f14ec544b3fe20e262cfad.jpeg

I had Crispy Coconut Jumbo Shrimp, Jerk Seasoned Pork Chop, and Carrot Cake.

I'm like 5 days late, but I saw you say you didn't like Meraviglia from MSC... I've seen so many good reviews on that ship (and it looks beautiful)  so I was just wondering what you didn't like. We try our first MSC cruise this December on the Seascape (newer and bigger than the Mera) but were thinking of trying that one next since it departs from NY and we try to do as many from the Nj\NY area as we can! 

Thank you for this one, though- we are booked for Symphony in June and this is getting me pumped up for it

Edited by Scottdalfonso
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I had Crispy Coconut Jumbo Shrimp, Jerk Seasoned Pork Chop, and Carrot Cake.

Just off the Liberty and had the Jerk pork chop.  Horrible.  Meat was hard as a rock and too spicy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, buffet24 said:

I'm a few hours late, but here's my order! I love playing along with the what would you order game!!!

Crispy Coconut Jumbo Shrimp - just as you ordered

Green Lentil Soup

Asian-Style Pork Bao Tacos

Garlic-Herb Buttered Tiger Shrimp, probably wouldn't eat the rice given three appetizers

Pineapple Sunshine Cake

What a yummy dinner! 

• Haha 1

PRO TIP:

I carry a wad of folded Georges in my pocket to handout to any staff that is helpful to us.  Even taking away a used plate from the table will get a buck from me 😉😉😉

image.thumb.jpeg.0369fd64ffb26fee7450c10deffba2c4.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Crispy Coconut Jumbo Shrimp - just as you ordered

Green Lentil Soup

Asian-Style Pork Bao Tacos

Garlic-Herb Buttered Tiger Shrimp, probably wouldn't eat the rice given three appetizers

Pineapple Sunshine Cake

What a yummy dinner! 

Coming right up!!! 🤣🤣🤣IMG_9717.thumb.jpeg.d35e79876ce1897331fe93a8fc9550d1.jpegIMG_9722.thumb.jpeg.9163762fa1609e143c65b098f29247fb.jpegIMG_9728.thumb.jpeg.0fc5de748d085fc77e40966a55009304.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EllieinNJ said:

Just off the Liberty and had the Jerk pork chop.  Horrible.  Meat was hard as a rock and too spicy.

Yeah it was similar for me too.  So I ordered a replacement Chicken Korma!!! Much better!!! 😋😋😋IMG_9723.thumb.jpeg.c4fd2ff777ff32e7a7cc3e647da108d6.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I'm like 5 days late, but I saw you say you didn't like Meraviglia from MSC... I've seen so many good reviews on that ship (and it looks beautiful)  so I was just wondering what you didn't like. We try our first MSC cruise this December on the Seascape (newer and bigger than the Mera) but were thinking of trying that one next since it departs from NY and we try to do as many from the Nj\NY area as we can! 

Thank you for this one, though- we are booked for Symphony in June and this is getting me pumped up for it

I will do a better comparison when I get back home but simply put… in my opinion, MSC (I call it the “Manly a Shipping Company”… and not a Cruise Company 🤣🤣🤣) is like the Spirit Airlines of the airline industry.  It’s cheap but it shows.  Do ppl fly Spirit Air??? Of course yes!!!  And it will get you where you need to go…  But that’s it.  I think of them as Royal or NCL of 10 years ago.  Lots to catch up.  Will I sail them again???  Probably few years from now.   More to follow… 😉😉😉

• Like 2