CC Points When Moving Up - Unfair?

gordylad

6 hours ago, buchhalm said:

That's like saying if you move from economy to business class on a flight, you get the seat, but not the food. "Happy cruising"

No it's not because like access to the Retreat Lounge is granted to a move up, the complementary food in business class is a part of the upgrade deal.  

You do not get the drink package and WiFi if you use the Move Up program either.  

Move up has certain benefits, the higher cruise points is not one of them.  Life is not always fair nor does it always make sense but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Just need some clarity.  When you called to adjust to the balcony stateroom, based on the price drop was the balcony category now priced the same as your original OV?  If so, did they not reissue your booking as the balcony now at that adjusted category fare, which is what you ultimately paid?  If that was the case you should have received whatever points that new category provided.  

Or are you saying that the price drop was only for the OV and instead of reducing your OV fare they moved you to the balcony which was still at a higher fare, but did so at the original OV fare?  If so, then I believe the points awarded based on the OV would be correct.

This is going back to 2019 😁, and looking at Costco invoices 

book an ov for a total of $2982 cad for 2 in Jan of 2019 

than in July there was a price drop, a GTY balcony was $2932 CAD so even $50 cheaper , this was a TA so really a no brainer to change cabins , booking number stayed the same 

Found one of CC answer on why they did not give me next points 

The Club Points earned for each sailing are based on the stateroom category purchased and the number of nights sailed. Also as per the Terms and Conditions of the Captain’s Club program, due to the discount involved, any Club Points earned would be based off the original category purchased and not the category of the upgraded stateroom.

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I don't understand why people who are well aware of the limits of a program choose to complain and yet still participate.  If you do not like it don't do it.  Seems simple enough to me. 

Agreed

• Thanks 1

I'm probably in the minority on this topic, but in my view, if you bid for a higher category and win the bid, then you should be credited the points that correspond with your new category.  Not relevant to me if the cabin was or was not discounted.

If you got a "free" upgrade, then no upgrade in points.  At least that's how I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I'm probably in the minority on this topic, but in my view, if you bid for a higher category and win the bid, then you should be credited the points that correspond with your new category.  Not relevant to me if the cabin was or was not discounted.

If you got a "free" upgrade, then no upgrade in points.  At least that's how I see it.

The upgrade was before final payment date 

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On one cruise there was a price drop so we called in to move up to a balcony from ov, at no cost 

only got points for a ov cabin 

was it fair if people did a 3 day cruise got the same points as people who did a 7 night cruise ?

What I think is unfair if you do a 3 night cruise you get a bag of laundry and 90 mins of internet, which is the same as if you do a 15 night cruise  now that is unfair 😉

I would have to agree. The same on Princess with the bar set up. one set up for a short cruise or a 14 and longer itinerary. If you book B2B2B thats 3 bar setups.