I’m On The Fabulous Firenze! A Review With Pics.

LaRue1975

Yay, I did it! It took most of the day but I had fun doing it. The Firenze is such a beautiful ship I am happy I was able to share her with you. Now I better start packing but need to get another drink first. Current view from my balcony, it’s another beautiful day! 😎🛳️😎

IMG_8952.jpeg

IMG_8953.jpeg

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Yay, I did it! It took most of the day but I had fun doing it. The Firenze is such a beautiful ship I am happy I was able to share her with you. Now I better start packing but need to get another drink first. Current view from my balcony, it’s another beautiful day! 😎🛳️😎

IMG_8952.jpeg

IMG_8953.jpeg

You have definitely whet my appetite for November! Such a visually stimulating ship, no shortage of things to look at! 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Thanks.  Parking in the “on site“ garage will probably get me on board half an hour earlier.  Good news.

I was on the Firenze on 8/31 and heard about the very long lines to either get dropped off or park so my son dropped me off at 9:00 am and that worked out good. I did have to wait in the terminal to board, but for me, that’s better than the other.
 I was hearing a lot of people complaining on my FB group about being stuck in the long line outside.

When my son picked me up, he was in the line for about an hour and 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Market Place Buffet.

IMG_8761.jpeg

Odd question, but that is a different kind of ice machine than carnival normally has. Is the ice the same as on other ship (the good cylinders, or is it something else? My kids love the Carnival ice!

• Like 2

Before dinner I walked around and took pics of the quick food in the Lido area. Guys Burgers has a couple of different Italian themed burgers. If you zoom in you can see them on the menu. I had a breakfast burrito twice and it was very good, all the ingredients were fresh and warm. One of my friends had the huevos rancheros and an arepas two or three times and said they were delicious. IL Mercato is on the 11th deck and it’s a different twist on the deli. One afternoon I had a couple of the meatballs and a bit of Caesar salad for a snack but didn’t care for the meatballs. My friend said all the salads were very good. I am still regretting not trying the empanadas, I heard they are delicious. I saw someone walking out on the deck with plate of them and they looked great. Guess I need to book another cruise on the Firenze! 

IMG_8956.jpeg

IMG_8957.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8965.jpeg

IMG_8964.jpeg

IMG_8963.jpeg

IMG_8962.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

IMG_8960.jpeg

IMG_8959.jpeg

IMG_8966.jpeg

IMG_8967.jpeg

IMG_8968.jpeg

IMG_8969.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

• Like 3

We planned to go back to IL Viaggio for dinner the last night but didn’t get around to making a reservation until this morning and couldn’t get in until 8:30. That ended up working out well for us and we were able to end our Fabulous Firenze Cruise with another fabulous dinner. It was almost empty the first night but tonight it was packed with people thoroughly enjoying the evening. I can’t say enough good things about this restaurant, totally first class! The food and service is top notch and it’s more spacious than the Steakhouse, the tables have reasonable space between them. Before dinner we stopped by Frizzante and were finally able to get seats at Amari. I’ll post a wrap up and final thoughts once I get a good night’s sleep. I may have had just a tad too much fun! 🥳😜

IMG_8360.jpeg

IMG_8972.jpeg

IMG_8975.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

IMG_8977.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_8979.jpeg

IMG_8980.jpeg

IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8981.jpeg

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 7

On 9/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, Mike45LC said:

Thanks.  Parking in the “on site“ garage will probably get me on board half an hour earlier.  Good news.

Pro tip, if you arrive before 9 or shortly after you won’t have a long wait in line to get into the garage. 9:30 or later it could be 60 to 90 minutes. The porters will happily take your luggage early and they usually open the terminal doors at 10 and start letting everyone in.  I ignore the notices Carnival sends about not arriving before your arrival appointment. If you do that you will most likely be late because you will be stuck in the port traffic. Plus the line to get checked in also piles up because everyone is late. I would rather be relaxing inside, it’s a very nice and comfortable building. Have a wonderful cruise! 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 6:12 PM, tonit964 said:

I was on the Firenze on 8/31 and heard about the very long lines to either get dropped off or park so my son dropped me off at 9:00 am and that worked out good. I did have to wait in the terminal to board, but for me, that’s better than the other.
 I was hearing a lot of people complaining on my FB group about being stuck in the long line outside.

When my son picked me up, he was in the line for about an hour and 15 minutes. 

I think it’s hard for people to understand what a ridiculous situation it is arriving by car in Long Beach. The first couple of times I thought it was fixable but now I have totally given up and just get there early. Then relax in the terminal and read the Facebook posts! 😜

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 3:52 PM, Are.we.there.yet? said:

Beautiful pictures!  Thank you so much for sharing so much detail.  We'll be sailing on her tomorrow so I'm getting ready.  So sorry we'll have to kick you off!  LOL!!!  🙂

You are already onboard and it was very rude of you to kick us off! 😜 Have a wonderful time! 

Edited by LaRue1975

On 9/20/2024 at 4:44 PM, n6uqqq said:

You have definitely whet my appetite for November! Such a visually stimulating ship, no shortage of things to look at! 

The Firenze is absolutely stunning and a great addition to the Carnival fleet. I am sure you going to enjoy your time on her. ❤️🛳️❤️

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 8:46 AM, dctravel said:

Odd question, but that is a different kind of ice machine than carnival normally has. Is the ice the same as on other ship (the good cylinders, or is it something else? My kids love the Carnival ice!

I would like to know myself, lol! The buffet was busy so I was breezing through snapping the pics. I noticed the machine and thought, what the heck is that and snapped the pic. I planned to come back and check it out later because I was truly curious but forgot. I guess I’ll have to book the Firenze again and find out! 😜

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

I think it’s hard for people to understand what a ridiculous situation it is arriving by car in Long Beach. The first couple of times I thought it was fixable but now I have totally given up and just get there early. Then relax in the terminal and read the Facebook posts! 😜

Love your review and all your pictures! So much work to do that. My favorite bar was definitely the Frizzante with the shenanigans by Suri, Drazen (sp) and Amel. Such a beautiful ship. Glad you had a great cruise! 

ps. I’ve mentioned your profile picture before, one of my fave places and just got back from Faria today. 😉

IMG_5796.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Love your review and all your pictures! So much work to do that. My favorite bar was definitely the Frizzante with the shenanigans by Suri, Drazen (sp) and Amel. Such a beautiful ship. Glad you had a great cruise! 

ps. I’ve mentioned your profile picture before, one of my fave places and just got back from Faria today. 😉

IMG_5796.jpeg

IMG_5757.jpeg

Aw, Drazen and Suri, they are the best! They are all leaving in November along with Lewis from IL Viaggio. Lewis will be on the Radiance next and there is a good chance he’ll be there for our Hawaii cruise in February. 🤞🤞

Yes, the Rincon is our Happy Place too! We were at Faria for my birthday last month and will back for Thanksgiving Week. We are heading to Lake Casitas on Wednesday for a group campout and the KOA in Santa Paula for our annual Family Halloween celebration next month. You know, there is a lot wrong with our beautiful state but if you can make it work there is no better place to live. Especially right here in Ventura County. Even the Long Beach terminal is great once you finally get in! 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaRue1975 said:

Aw, Drazen and Suri, they are the best! They are all leaving in November along with Lewis from IL Viaggio. Lewis will be on the Radiance next and there is a good chance he’ll be there for our Hawaii cruise in February. 🤞🤞

Yes, the Rincon is our Happy Place too! We were at Faria for my birthday last month and will back for Thanksgiving Week. We are heading to Lake Casitas on Wednesday for a group campout and the KOA in Santa Paula for our annual Family Halloween celebration next month. You know, there is a lot wrong with our beautiful state but if you can make it work there is no better place to live. Especially right here in Ventura County. Even the Long Beach terminal is great once you finally get in! 😜

I love the Hawaii cruise RT from LA, all those sea days are so nice. Have a wonderful time.

That is so true, you just can't beat the weather too! That will be fun, been to those ones many time too but Rincon, Faria & Hobson are my faves. Just love Ventura County.

• Like 1