LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

One more work day to get through tomorrow (and I plan on taking things very easy) then it will be cruise day! Woot. I'm all packed (amazing how much easier and faster it is when I'm not trying to remember stuff for the kids), got some USD cash for tips and bits n bobs, picked up some goodies for crew, and stocked the fridge for the kiddos for when I'm gone. I plan on being on the ship before lunch...

Here's a question for y'all - premiere upgrade or no? I already upgraded to the regular premiere but is it worth an extra $40 to upgrade to the new premiere? It's a 4 day cruise so I could technically eat 4 times at a specialty restaurant, but Sapphire only has 2 (unless crab shack counts?). I currently have 15 premium drinks in a 24 hour period - in all honesty, would I actually drink more than that (I have the elite mini bar, too). I'm leaning towards not upgrading, but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out. Lol. What do all you cc'ers think?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

One more work day to get through tomorrow (and I plan on taking things very easy) then it will be cruise day! Woot. I'm all packed (amazing how much easier and faster it is when I'm not trying to remember stuff for the kids), got some USD cash for tips and bits n bobs, picked up some goodies for crew, and stocked the fridge for the kiddos for when I'm gone. I plan on being on the ship before lunch...

Here's a question for y'all - premiere upgrade or no? I already upgraded to the regular premiere but is it worth an extra $40 to upgrade to the new premiere? It's a 4 day cruise so I could technically eat 4 times at a specialty restaurant, but Sapphire only has 2 (unless crab shack counts?). I currently have 15 premium drinks in a 24 hour period - in all honesty, would I actually drink more than that (I have the elite mini bar, too). I'm leaning towards not upgrading, but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out. Lol. What do all you cc'ers think?

Well, you ARE getting the benefits and amenities that come with the original Premier, so you wouldn't be missing out on much.

I guess it comes down to whether you like to eat in the MDR, as you'd get the 2 additional SD (if reservation times are still available) if you did upgrade.

As far as the unlimited drinks, if you're having over 15 drinks a day, you might not feel great enough to enjoy your 4 days! ( No judgement, just possibility)

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time.  Will enjoy following along as we're eager to hear how the Sapphire is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Well, you ARE getting the benefits and amenities that come with the original Premier, so you wouldn't be missing out on much.

I guess it comes down to whether you like to eat in the MDR, as you'd get the 2 additional SD (if reservation times are still available) if you did upgrade.

As far as the unlimited drinks, if you're having over 15 drinks a day, you might not feel great enough to enjoy your 4 days! ( No judgement, just possibility)

Whatever you do, have a wonderful time.  Will enjoy following along as we're eager to hear how the Sapphire is.

Agreed - I do like specialty restaurants, but not sure if I want to eat at Sabatinis more than once. No more Crown Grill on Sapphire, just Churrascaria (haven't tried that one yet, so not sure it would warrant a repeat visit either). I'm leaning toward sticking with what I've got and not upgrading - chances of me needing more than 15 drinks in 24 hours is slim (though it has definitely been done - but they never actually cut me off)...

• Like 5

@ceilidh1 Four days of the regular premier package on Sapphire sounds great; you won't go hungry or dry for sure.

BTW - I found the Wine list with the prices for bottles on my own. No need to post it for me. I've got my upgrades all in order. Thanks for taking us along. I'm looking forward to my sailing on Discovery; new ship for me. Bon voyage to us all 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm leaning toward sticking with what I've got and not upgrading - chances of me needing more than 15 drinks in 24 hours is slim (though it has definitely been done - but they never actually cut me off)...

Given what you explained, that seems like the most sensible thing.  Regarding hitting the 15 drink ceiling, yeah, I've done it too.  Especially easier on warm weather cruising with early morning pool starts!

• Like 2

Sitting here at work for another 3 hours.  Half packed, have ride arranged from where I am parking tomorrow to get to the ferry.  Have cruise bus booked from the ferry to Canada Place.

After that, it's all R&R, until we get to SFO.  Only decisions I will be making are what to eat and drink and when.  

See everyone soon.

Karen and Kevin

• Like 5

On 9/21/2024 at 8:24 PM, Tristanistan said:

We are flying from San Francisco to Vancouver tomorrow morning and we will be on this cruise. Looking forward to a few days in Vancouver then getting on the ship. I love cruises, my husband has never been on one. I've only ever stayed in an interior room, this time we are in a suite. I can't wait. We have a Vancouver tour booked for Monday, and a Victoria tour booked for Wednesday. We have birthday reservations at sabatinis on Tuesday night for my husband. Other than that I'm not sure what we will do for dinners. I'm all packed and ready for my 530 am car to the airport.

@Tristanistan Can you tell me more about your Vancouver tour? We are doing SB Alaska next year and flying home the day after; this could be a fun way for us to spend our day.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Someone posted on Facebook, that the Elite mini bar setup on the Sun had no mini alcohol bottles and had pre mix cocktails in cans instead.

Can you verify what you got?

Will let you know tomorrow once I board!

• Like 2

Wake up y’all - it’s cruise day! It’s already been a stressful morning since I hit snooze and went back to sleep. This meant nagging my kids to get up, ready, and out so they weren’t late for school. It will be a miracle if they make it the rest of the week!

Now it’s calm here, I’m doing the last of the laundry and planning on heading over to the ship around 10am. The goal is to be on, with drink in hand, by 11:30am. Think I can do it?

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Wake up y’all - it’s cruise day! It’s already been a stressful morning since I hit snooze and went back to sleep. This meant nagging my kids to get up, ready, and out so they weren’t late for school. It will be a miracle if they make it the rest of the week!

Now it’s calm here, I’m doing the last of the laundry and planning on heading over to the ship around 10am. The goal is to be on, with drink in hand, by 11:30am. Think I can do it?

You're a pro! Go for it. Beautiful day for sailing out of Vancouver. Bon voyage!

• Like 2

Just now, Tristanistan said:

We have two cans of red bull we bought and want to bring on because we forgot to drink them. Do I put these in our suitcases or do we have to walk up with them in our hands? Thank you

Carry on bags - if they are in your cases you may get called to the naughty room on the ship