LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

Glad to see that @ceilidh1 made it onboard safely and hasn’t had TOO much fun yet! 😉

I finally made it onboard around 3:00. Holy cow I am exhausted… and I’m only 24 years old! Been traveling since 5:00 AM Central Time. 

After unpacking I realized I forgot to pack my computer charger, so it looks like my reporting will all be from my phone for the next couple of days. Had some sort of weird lunch-dinner monstrosity at 4:00 PM since I haven’t eaten since 9:00 at the airport… yeah, in hindsight I wish I had flown in to Vancouver yesterday so today was less chaotic. 

Some preliminary pictures of the Sapphire here. Able to report that my minibar is also not premixed cocktails - although, honestly, I would prefer that to just shots with no mixers. 

It’s my first time not in a balcony stateroom but I’m totally fine with it due to the substantial cost savings. I originally booked an interior but won a minimum bid for an obstructed OV at just $40. The same minimum bid for a balcony was like $280 and I didn’t need it that badly!

Cruise director just came on and said that over 1,000 of the passengers onboard are doing a B2B and going all the way through the Panama Canal. Oh, to have that much free time and money - I’ll have to settle for these cheap little repositioning cruises for the next couple of decades until I’m retired 😉😂

Okay, well I’ve been onboard for over an hour and still haven’t gotten a drink… that’s a problem! Time for my traditional boarding dirty banana, no matter the weather 🙂

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4092.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

IMG_4088.jpeg

IMG_4087.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

• Like 14

10 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Glad to see that @ceilidh1 made it onboard safely and hasn’t had TOO much fun yet! 😉

I finally made it onboard around 3:00. Holy cow I am exhausted… and I’m only 24 years old! Been traveling since 5:00 AM Central Time. 

After unpacking I realized I forgot to pack my computer charger, so it looks like my reporting will all be from my phone for the next couple of days. Had some sort of weird lunch-dinner monstrosity at 4:00 PM since I haven’t eaten since 9:00 at the airport… yeah, in hindsight I wish I had flown in to Vancouver yesterday so today was less chaotic. 

Some preliminary pictures of the Sapphire here. Able to report that my minibar is also not premixed cocktails - although, honestly, I would prefer that to just shots with no mixers. 

It’s my first time not in a balcony stateroom but I’m totally fine with it due to the substantial cost savings. I originally booked an interior but won a minimum bid for an obstructed OV at just $40. The same minimum bid for a balcony was like $280 and I didn’t need it that badly!

Cruise director just came on and said that over 1,000 of the passengers onboard are doing a B2B and going all the way through the Panama Canal. Oh, to have that much free time and money - I’ll have to settle for these cheap little repositioning cruises for the next couple of decades until I’m retired 😉😂

Okay, well I’ve been onboard for over an hour and still haven’t gotten a drink… that’s a problem! Time for my traditional boarding dirty banana, no matter the weather 🙂

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4092.jpeg

IMG_4093.jpeg

IMG_4088.jpeg

IMG_4087.jpeg

IMG_4098.jpeg

Where are you!?? I’m here at sailaway too…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

And here it is…my absolute favourite place on this class of ship! Sky walkers. In my opinion, Princess made a huge mistake when they ditched this venue.

IMG_6192.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_6194.jpeg

IMG_6195.jpeg

IMG_6196.jpeg

An escalator on a cruise ship?! 

Never have I ever seen that. I need to cruise Princess.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TravelE said:

An escalator on a cruise ship?! 

Never have I ever seen that. I need to cruise Princess.

Skywalkers!!

Bur Harmony also had one to disembark/embark at ports.

Do princess! That escalator takes you to happiness!

• Like 7

I’m so lost about what I’ve said and what I haven’t. Sorry if I’m repeating. I’ve been drinking. 

I stopped by guest service as I needed some $1 bills. The elite/suite line was longer than the regular line..,but I’m a rule follower! The poor lady in front (also elite) had upgraded to a mini only to find that the refrigerator didn’t work and the balcony door would only open if they used a piece of wood (provided). I offered her my refrigerator (hubby is diabetic so needs it). 

When it was my turn , all I wanted was $1 bills for tips. The lady looked disappointed. I don’t handle cash, uhhhh the line for everything else was loooong at this point. Unlike “other” lines, she said…let me me see what I can do….off she went and returned from wherever with $40 in $1 bills!!! 10/10 Princess! She had no access to cash but figured out a solution’

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m so lost about what I’ve said and what I haven’t. Sorry if I’m repeating. I’ve been drinking. 

I stopped by guest service as I needed some $1 bills. The elite/suite line was longer than the regular line..,but I’m a rule follower! The poor lady in front (also elite) had upgraded to a mini only to find that the refrigerator didn’t work and the balcony door would only open if they used a piece of wood (provided). I offered her my refrigerator (hubby is diabetic so needs it). 

When it was my turn , all I wanted was $1 bills for tips. The lady looked disappointed. I don’t handle cash, uhhhh the line for everything else was loooong at this point. Unlike “other” lines, she said…let me me see what I can do….off she went and returned from wherever with $40 in $1 bills!!! 10/10 Princess! She had no access to cash but figured out a solution’

I went by the bank yesterday and got $50 in $1s for drink tips, which I was then seriously reconsidering because do you know how thick 50 bills are? But I think I’ll take them just to avoid the GS lines. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I went by the bank yesterday and got $50 in $1s for drink tips, which I was then seriously reconsidering because do you know how thick 50 bills are? But I think I’ll take them just to avoid the GS lines. 

Yeah! And my bank always seems so suspicious of me…they question why I need those many $1 bills!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Same thickness as singles or hundos.  *ducking*

• Haha 1