LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

Good morning everyone! We are already docked in Victoria. It’s a crisp 58° out with temperatures continuing to fall throughout the day - a cold front is moving through so it will be cool and rainy all day. This sure beats the 100°+ we have been having in the San Antonio area when I left - not gonna let this weather stop me from exploring Victoria today. 

Looks like I am the only one crazy enough to be eating breakfast outside this morning. Gotta soak up this cool air before heading back to TX on Saturday!

Also, they put out the chocolate chip brioche this morning. If you know me, you know that these things are like crack to me. So dangerous. 2 is plenty but I’m thinking of grabbing a zip loc and taking some back to the cabin… 🤔

IMG_4127.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

• Like 9

I’m not sold on this “super speedy wifi” I supposedly got the premium upgrade. It’s meant to be fast enough for streaming but I’m not convinced. Plus, it randomly drops the internet connection. It works fine for emails and stuff but not sure it’s any different to just regular princess wifi!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

It’s a crisp 58° out with temperatures continuing to fall throughout the day

Yes it’s currently 13 Celsius which is about 55, but yesterday was so hot! Like all the doors and windows open all day hot! Almost ran the aircon last night to cool things down! Enjoy your harbour tour!

• Like 2

Will never get over how much I love the Wheelhouse Bar. While I do prefer the more modern decor style of Sky Princess and newer ships, I will say that I miss having a decidedly nautical themed room with dark wood and brass like this one on those ships. Even the “Wheelhouse” / Crown Grill Bar on Royal and Regal just doesn’t hit the same. I could sit in here all day!

IMG_4135.jpeg

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Will never get over how much I love the Wheelhouse Bar. While I do prefer the more modern decor style of Sky Princess and newer ships, I will say that I miss having a decidedly nautical themed room with dark wood and brass like this one on those ships. Even the “Wheelhouse” / Crown Grill Bar on Royal and Regal just doesn’t hit the same. I could sit in here all day!

The lighter carpet and fabric really strike a nice balance.  I don’t want to say the original tones were sepulchral, but I’m pretty sure I heard creepy organ music a time or two.  

• Haha 4

What’s NOT cool is that I just checked in for the Harbour Air tour and about five minutes later they announced that all flights through 11:00 (and including my tour flight) have been cancelled. Well shoot, this was my one big excursion this trip. Not sure what I’m going to do now

IMG_4199.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

What’s NOT cool is that I just checked in for the Harbour Air tour and about five minutes later they announced that all flights through 11:00 (and including my tour flight) have been cancelled. Well shoot, this was my one big excursion this trip. Not sure what I’m going to do now

IMG_4199.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

Guess it's time to start day drinking 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jenski95 said:

Guess it's time to start day drinking 🤣

RIGHT?? I think I’m just gonna go be a typical tourist and find some maple syrup, eat some poutine as an early lunch, and then go back to the ship… darn, I guess I’ll have to book the same cruise again next year so I can try it again! #TravelMath 😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

RIGHT?? I think I’m just gonna go be a typical tourist and find some maple syrup, eat some poutine as an early lunch, and then go back to the ship… darn, I guess I’ll have to book the same cruise again next year so I can try it again! #TravelMath 😉

Talkorpi, on a rainy day perhaps check out the Royal BC museum on Belleville Street?

1 minute ago, talkorpi said:

It’s amazing how so many people are out walking around in this crappy weather 

Welcome to the Wet Coast. Summer is officially over. 

Sorry that your day in Victoria is washed-out! Enjoy a ship-day instead. Fingers crossed that my day in that city next week is not quite as wet. 🤔

Sounds like a good idea to book another sailing to this area! Go for it.

• Like 2