LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

Enjoying your review and photos @ceilidh1.  

You mentioned that the Crab Shack was only available for 1 day at lunch on this cruise.  Could you let us know where they were to be setting up ... back of the buffet seating?

Also, sorry to hear about your very long wait between courses at Sabatini's last night.  Why do you think that was?  Was the restaurant full and very busy (mostly with Premier package people)?  Did you feel they were sufficiently staffed?  What was the atmosphere like ... did things appear to be stressed and overly busy?

Continue to enjoy.

22 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Enjoying your review and photos @ceilidh1.  

You mentioned that the Crab Shack was only available for 1 day at lunch on this cruise.  Could you let us know where they were to be setting up ... back of the buffet seating?

Also, sorry to hear about your very long wait between courses at Sabatini's last night.  Why do you think that was?  Was the restaurant full and very busy (mostly with Premier package people)?  Did you feel they were sufficiently staffed?  What was the atmosphere like ... did things appear to be stressed and overly busy?

Continue to enjoy.

Crab Shack will be in the Savoy dining room. Sabatinis was definitely full last night when I was there. It wasn’t stressful and service was good - just food slow coming out of the kitchen. The gent on the next table managed to nap between courses…I was in there over 2 hours and didn’t have a starter or dessert…that’s how slow it was ! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Crab Shack will be in the Savoy dining room. Sabatinis was definitely full last night when I was there. It wasn’t stressful and service was good - just food slow coming out of the kitchen. The gent on the next table managed to nap between courses…I was in there over 2 hours and didn’t have a starter or dessert…that’s how slow it was ! 

Thanks!

Are they now including Crab Shack as a Casual Dining option when you have the Premier package?  

On our Emerald cruise a couple of months ago, Planks and Steamers alternated for most of the cruise, and were included in Casual Dining.  But when Crab Shack was available, there was a sign stating that there was a cover charge, and that it was NOT considered as part of the Casual Dining options.

With the new Premier unlimited casual dining AND SD, we hoped they might start including CS.

10 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Thanks!

Are they now including Crab Shack as a Casual Dining option when you have the Premier package?  

On our Emerald cruise a couple of months ago, Planks and Steamers alternated for most of the cruise, and were included in Casual Dining.  But when Crab Shack was available, there was a sign stating that there was a cover charge, and that it was NOT considered as part of the Casual Dining options.

With the new Premier unlimited casual dining AND SD, we hoped they might start including CS.

No, it’s classed as specialty dining.

46 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

No, it’s classed as specialty dining.

So does that mean there's no charge for it on the new Premier package?  We've seen it listed under Specialty Dining, and our first thought was that we would now have it included without paying a cover charge.

29 minutes ago, Robkat said:

So does that mean there's no charge for it on the new Premier package?  We've seen it listed under Specialty Dining, and our first thought was that we would now have it included without paying a cover charge.

If you have the new premiere $90 package no charge. At least that’s what I was told. I’m going to try to go tomorrow so will let you know 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you have the new premiere $90 package no charge. At least that’s what I was told. I’m going to try to go tomorrow so will let you know 

Thanks.  Looking forward to hearing how that works and also how you like the food. 

PS. Vote for Good Spirits ... even if it is bereft of Woodford! 😱

• Like 1

So I bought ten mini bottles of maple syrup from one of the tourist trap shops downtown for friends and coworkers and then I took the hike to Thrifty Foods to buy a giant bottle of the good stuff for the house. I think I won’t need any syrup for a while!

Back onboard and about to head down to the afternoon game shows and trivia. I have a tradition of somehow winning the first trivia of each cruise that I broke this sailing because of how late it was last night. Let’s see if I can win one before the sailing ends. Wish me luck! 😆

Edited by talkorpi
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If you want to drink top shelf, ask them to make two daiquiris with Wray & Nephew as follows:

2 oz Wray & Nephew 

0.5 oz fresh lime juice

0.5 oz simple syrup

Shake with ice 

Serve up

Hemingway Daiquiri:

1 part Luxardo

2 parts grapefruit

3 parts lime

3 parts simple (or less)

6 parts Wray & Nephew

Shake with ice, serve up. 

These are delicious and go down very. Very easily. 

• Like 2