LIVE: Sailing Solo on Sapphire! Cheeky Little Coastal Sep 24-28

ceilidh1

After the game shows last night I headed up to Skywalkers. It was hopping in there. Dancing may have been involved. Drinks may have been consumed. I may have made a lovely new friend who I will meet for lunch today. He is from Portland Oregon and is an excellent dancer! (No pineapples 🍍 involved)

• Haha 10

Forgot the menu picture, but here is breakfast! I did an experiment this morning- usually I’m happy to share a table and get seated immediately. Today I asked for my own table. There was a few seconds of back and forth but I was still seated right away and, since I was alone, the waiters were fawning over me. Chatting, checking in, joking, it was a great experience!

IMG_6320.jpeg

• Like 8

On the galley tour yesterday, the chef said that the menus were created by head office and implemented fleet wide. So, the food on sapphire today is the same as the food on discovery today, etc. I never knew that. I never feel like I have repeats across ships, but apparently that’s the case!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

On the galley tour yesterday, the chef said that the menus were created by head office and implemented fleet wide. So, the food on sapphire today is the same as the food on discovery today, etc. I never knew that. I never feel like I have repeats across ships, but apparently that’s the case!

@ceilidh1  Lol.  I just noticed that too as lunch pictures posted on the live from the Caribbean Princess in Norway were the same choices as on your menu (cauliflower, street tacos and spring roll) 

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Forgot the menu picture, but here is breakfast! I did an experiment this morning- usually I’m happy to share a table and get seated immediately. Today I asked for my own table. There was a few seconds of back and forth but I was still seated right away and, since I was alone, the waiters were fawning over me. Chatting, checking in, joking, it was a great experience!

IMG_6320.jpeg

I had dinner alone yesterday in Pacific Moon last night and it felt SO AWKWARD! I still need to get used to it. I travel a couple of a times a year for business and you’d think I would be used to eating alone by now but I’m not 🫣

Although I still prefer it to sharing a table. I’m awful at small talk. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, talkorpi said:

I had dinner alone yesterday in Pacific Moon last night and it felt SO AWKWARD! I still need to get used to it. I travel a couple of a times a year for business and you’d think I would be used to eating alone by now but I’m not 🫣

Although I still prefer it to sharing a table. I’m awful at small talk. 

I have lucked out this sailing on sharing tables. I’ve met some great people and had lovely conversations. It’s not always that way. I wish they had a sharing option for specialty dining as those alone meals are definitely weird!

• Like 5

Update on Crab Shack (which I’m seriously not happy about). I specifically asked if it was specialty dining when I did the $80 to $90 upgrade. I was told yes. The Princess website lists it as specialty dining. Apparently it’s not. It’s a “special event “ and not included. Seriously?

IMG_6328.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, atanac said:

Did you know about this?

Oasis will be performing in Toronto, Canada. The exact venues, dates and ticket sale details will be announced soon.

Oasis US tour dates

I heard a rumour about a North American tour!!! LA would actually be closer for us than Toronto. Hopefully the dates work and we can actually get tickets!!!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Update on Crab Shack (which I’m seriously not happy about). I specifically asked if it was specialty dining when I did the $80 to $90 upgrade. I was told yes. The Princess website lists it as specialty dining. Apparently it’s not. It’s a “special event “ and not included. Seriously?

IMG_6328.png

Thanks for letting us all know the current situation.

"Special Event"??? 🙄🙄. SMH.

1 hour ago, atanac said:

Did you know about this?

Oasis will be performing in Toronto, Canada. The exact venues, dates and ticket sale details will be announced soon.

Oasis US tour dates

My money's on two concert dates, then they're done!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I can’t remember if I posted these. I wish I knew how to play slots. It looks fun. But stressful.

As others will invariably tell you, with the exception video poker, there's nothing you need to know prior to playing the machines: put in money, press button, lose money. 

Pretty simple...yet I still do it! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11