Coach Transfer

Oldies123

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

My understanding is that the ship will provide disembarkation information for all coach passengers, and an assembly location from which disembarkation will be organised.

Yes they will. But the coach company tells you to ignore it and disembark ASAP.

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

Yes they will. But the coach company tells you to ignore it and disembark ASAP.

Interesting, January will be our first time using the coach, so it will be fascinating to see whether we like it enough to continue.

On Iona you will leave from the theatre. Go there after your breakfast. As soon as the luggage is available you will be told to go. A separate queue is formed, ie. others not allowed to join. You then walk straight off. It is one of the best organised ships 

32 minutes ago, happy v said:

On Iona you will leave from the theatre. Go there after your breakfast. As soon as the luggage is available you will be told to go. A separate queue is formed, ie. others not allowed to join. You then walk straight off. It is one of the best organised ships 

Agreed but be down there before the time suggested as they can leave earlier. We were down at 8.15 when told to be there at 9am. We were on the coach before nine. Sit as near to the front as possible as they disembark by rows.

20 hours ago, FangedRose said:

They've stopped putting departure times on as people used to panic when disembarkation was delayed or the info given by P&O differed from the instructions given by Intercruise shoreside staff.

When you arrive at Southampton a member of Intercruise shoreside staff will board the coach with information. They will tell you to ignore the instructions given by P&O to wait in a designated venue and to leave the ship as soon as you are ready. Self disembarkation (carrying ALL your own luggage) starts about 7am-7.30am. General disembarkation starts about 7.45am. Coaches will be waiting from 8am and will leave when everyone on their list is on board which can be 8.30am or 10am if luggage is misdirected or wheelchair assistance is needed.

thank you very much, that is most helpful to know and watch out for.

Hi Oldies 123 - I always travel by coach from Bolton which leaves around 7.30am as Kevboy says. I would check with Intercruises if you have a departure time of 9am as I have never known the coach to leave so late and I am not sure how your travel agent has printed your coach transfer as the tickets always come direct from Intercruises. Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, margsbolton said:

Hi Oldies 123 - I always travel by coach from Bolton which leaves around 7.30am as Kevboy says. I would check with Intercruises if you have a departure time of 9am as I have never known the coach to leave so late and I am not sure how your travel agent has printed your coach transfer as the tickets always come direct from Intercruises. Hope this helps.

I was advised that our Woolley edge

( Wakefield) pick up point for our Iona cruise, would be approx 10:15, which is in line with the latest info that coach drop off times are now 3:00 -3:30.

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I was advised that our Woolley edge

( Wakefield) pick up point for our Iona cruise, would be approx 10:15, which is in line with the latest info that coach drop off times are now 3:00 -3:30.

Hi terrierjohn, our travel agent booked us in and printed everything off for us, she had all the relevant paperwork ready 2 weeks ago (we go tomorrow) and despite trying every day to get through to intercruises, I'm on hold each time for 20 mins.  Will just have to hope 9.15 is right.  Thanks for the info, I may check with the travel agent see if she can get through.

1 hour ago, Oldies123 said:

Hi terrierjohn, our travel agent booked us in and printed everything off for us, she had all the relevant paperwork ready 2 weeks ago (we go tomorrow) and despite trying every day to get through to intercruises, I'm on hold each time for 20 mins.  Will just have to hope 9.15 is right.  Thanks for the info, I may check with the travel agent see if she can get through.

If a booking has been made with Intercruise you should have received a "travel voucher" with all the relevant timings on. This is sent three weeks before travel. If the travel agent has booked directly with Intercruise they I would be chasing them. Normally it is up to the passenger to do the booking with Intercruise.

47 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

If a booking has been made with Intercruise you should have received a "travel voucher" with all the relevant timings on. This is sent three weeks before travel. If the travel agent has booked directly with Intercruise they I would be chasing them. Normally it is up to the passenger to do the booking with Intercruise.

Hi FangedRose, I have received my travel voucher, Intercruise sent it to the travel agent as we booked the cruise through them, and they then gave it to us when they checked us in.  I have also FINALLY got through to Intercruise, the departure time is correct at 9.15, but they still couldn't give me a departure time for return and said we would be advised before disembarkation.  

41 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

Hi, first time poster here but been viewing this forum for the best part of five years now. I always book with my local travel agent and they contact Intercruises and book my coach as I always take the coach travel option. It is true you receive a travel voucher three weeks before as you say and my t/a always asks me to see them to see them to print the vouchers if I have not already done so myself. The departure time and location on the voucher should be the correct info. I would suggest it is only normal for the passenger/s to do the booking if they book direct with P&O or maybe online agents. I've only booked direct once with Intercruises with the t/a giving me the phone number for Intercruises, safe to say I had no problems at the time.

Kind Regards, Peter.  

2 minutes ago, Sandy Gap said:

Hi, first time poster here but been viewing this forum for the best part of five years now. I always book with my local travel agent and they contact Intercruises and book my coach as I always take the coach travel option. It is true you receive a travel voucher three weeks before as you say and my t/a always asks me to see them to see them to print the vouchers if I have not already done so myself. The departure time and location on the voucher should be the correct info. I would suggest it is only normal for the passenger/s to do the booking if they book direct with P&O or maybe online agents. I've only booked direct once with Intercruises with the t/a giving me the phone number for Intercruises, safe to say I had no problems at the time.

Kind Regards, Peter.  

thank you Peter, that sounds about right as we booked through our t/a and they did everything for us.

14 minutes ago, Oldies123 said:

thank you Peter, that sounds about right as we booked through our t/a and they did everything for us.

No problem at all. All being well, your travel will be fine. They do advise you get to your pick-up point around 30 mins. prior but the coach will not depart prior to its time unless it is full. Norton Canes or Warwick Services seem to favourite stops for a break. Another note is that I have never self-disembarked the ship at the end of the cruise. I've just put my cases out the night before then taken my overnight bag with me to the meeting point in the morning. I'm certainly not playing lift bingo in the morning with a 22kg case! The last twice, Iona and Britannia, the disembarkment was good. As re-Iona, I'm sure you will both enjoy. It's a lovely ship. Have safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

Kind Regards, Peter.

Edited by Sandy Gap

15 minutes ago, Oldies123 said:

Hi FangedRose, I have received my travel voucher, Intercruise sent it to the travel agent as we booked the cruise through them, and they then gave it to us when they checked us in.  I have also FINALLY got through to Intercruise, the departure time is correct at 9.15, but they still couldn't give me a departure time for return and said we would be advised before disembarkation.  

I'm glad you're sorted. But I'm confused. If you have the travel voucher which shows your pick up time why were you asking what time you will be getting picked up at? I would trust a written (either on paper or email) over a verbal message any day.

30 minutes ago, Oldies123 said:

Return Departure time is when everyone has boarded the coach. We have done this 3 times now and have never had a set time for the coach to depart. We have assistance and we were told to wait in the Limelight Club and they took the coach passengers first. Once the driver has everyone on his list, he’ll leave. The driver gave us an estimated time of arrival at our pick up point about an hour beforehand so people could book taxis etc. It worked well.

Edited by sandancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Return Departure time is when everyone has boarded the coach. We have done this 3 times now and have never had a set time for the coach to depart. We have assistance and we were told to wait in the Limelight Club and they took the coach passengers first. Once the driver has everyone on his list, he’ll leave. The driver gave us an estimated time of arrival at our pick up point about an hour beforehand so people could book taxis etc. It worked well.

Good to know, thank you

1 hour ago, FangedRose said:

I'm glad you're sorted. But I'm confused. If you have the travel voucher which shows your pick up time why were you asking what time you will be getting picked up at? I would trust a written (either on paper or email) over a verbal message any day.

Hi, I was talking about the RETURN departure time, I'm happy I know the time down to Southampton, it was the return departure time so I had an idea of disembarkation time.  I've had so many replies and a lot of help now from this forum, so am happy that everything will be sorted. Thank you again.

2 hours ago, Sandy Gap said:

No problem at all. All being well, your travel will be fine. They do advise you get to your pick-up point around 30 mins. prior but the coach will not depart prior to its time unless it is full. Norton Canes or Warwick Services seem to favourite stops for a break. Another note is that I have never self-disembarked the ship at the end of the cruise. I've just put my cases out the night before then taken my overnight bag with me to the meeting point in the morning. I'm certainly not playing lift bingo in the morning with a 22kg case! The last twice, Iona and Britannia, the disembarkment was good. As re-Iona, I'm sure you will both enjoy. It's a lovely ship. Have safe travels and enjoy your cruise.

Kind Regards, Peter.

Thank you so much, it's been really helpful knowing more or less what now to expect. We go tomorrow so looking forwards to it. thank you again