Maybe I Should Start a UTube channel

Oakman58

I should have been a YouTuber.  A few of the cruise Tubers that I follow are currently in Venice at the invite of NCL to see the new Aqua being built in the shipyard. I’m going to guess that Ben and David weren’t invited…but you never know. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

I should have been a YouTuber.  A few of the cruise Tubers that I follow are currently in Venice at the invite of NCL to see the new Aqua being built in the shipyard. I’m going to guess that Ben and David weren’t invited…but you never know. 😁

Was thinking the same thing😱

• Like 1

Well, considering everyone and their neighbours are now "Cruise YouTubers", you might as well jump in the fray and become the 15,642nd YouTube cruise channel  😉 lol!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was amazed at how many cruise Vlogers were invited to Venice on NCL's dime to see the Viva being built.  That included airfare, hotel, food, and entertainment.  I guess I will never hear a discouraging word from those Vlogers about NCL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

I was amazed at how many cruise Vlogers were invited to Venice on NCL's dime to see the Viva being built.  That included airfare, hotel, food, and entertainment.  I guess I will never hear a discouraging word from those Vlogers about NCL.

I'm not a marketing expert, but I suspect the cost to bring in you-tubers (and other social media people) is peanuts compared to the exposure they get for it. 

• Like 1

We have - FWIW - a private YT channel with short videos, set aside for travel and cruise ... not commercialized and not looking to built one, nor to turn that into a part-time "hobby" for recognition or direct/indirect compensations, etc.  Our F&F circles aren't on CC and/or other social media platform's private "groups" and it is easier to just share the "unlisted" links with them to catch up, enjoy and watch on their own time.  Last thing we need or want is to deal with comments, likes & dislikes, and moderate the channel, etc. 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 2:00 PM, Oakman58 said:

I’m going to guess that Ben and David weren’t invited…but you never know. 😁

Might have been invited but couldn't go because they are still stuck in the Epic shower.

Edited by JohnIreland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Bobby Winds said:

OK, who are Ben and David and what is their relevance ?

My opinion is they are spoiled and annoying youtubers, and they don't like NCL

We enjoy youtube videos to get visuals and suggestions, we pay no attention to the negatives as one persons negative might be another persons positive!

I can't imagine videoing my entire vacation, seems to take away too much of your vacation time. I did a live review a few weeks ago which I enjoyed but also felt guilty if I didn't respond quick enough to questions. I was also able to have wifi in all ports so didn't have to struggle with it.

Bobby, enjoy your cruise! And Go BIll's!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Winds said:

OK, who are Ben and David and what is their relevance ?

Ben and David are YouTube bloggers from overseas. They are one of many vloggers who share their cruises which is the great thing about social media. They can do that if they want to. Some people like them others do not. I have followed them since the pandemic when I booked my very first cruise on NCL.  I watch a lot of vloggers for information about ships and ports. They are one of many I follow. I think that its hysterical that not liking one cruise ship automatically means that one does not like the whole cruise line. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mcmomny said:

I can't imagine videoing my entire vacation, seems to take away too much of your vacation time. I did a live review a few weeks ago which I enjoyed but also felt guilty if I didn't respond quick enough to questions. I was also able to have wifi in all ports so didn't have to struggle with it.

Three things!!

1. I loved your live. Thank you - it was really wonderful to follow along on your adventures!! 

2. It's not really vacation for Ben and David, Tony, Sheri (or is it Cherie or Shari), etc. It's their work. Yup, cruising is work. I wish I had that problem, though I'd prefer that old dude Super Mario's way of full-time cruising! Oh lottery, where are my winning numbers?

3. Please don't ever feel guilty or stress about future lives! You did amazing. It's your vacation and you choose what to share. I refuse to answer some questions in mine. Or do some things. No, I'm not going to tell five crew members Donna from San Diego said hi. But really, lives help me enjoy my vacation by sharing/bragging about the amazing time I'm having! And, I'm grateful for anything (how little or much) I can get from fellow cruisers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1